Zum Druidensystem

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote: One has received certain skills with the old attributes so to play fair these skills have to be adjusted as well. But I assume that this is quite a lot of work. Sometimes I think a wipe would be much easier and it would be fair.
No its not! :P

And well, I guess if you say for example "Hey, I was a masterfighter and know I will change my attributs so that I am a masterdruid" There is the point where the staff says: EH?!
Silent

Post by Silent »

How about publishing the starting attribute package of a druid then? But there is another thing to keep in mind if allowing to change attributes. One has received certain skills with the old attributes so to play fair these skills have to be adjusted as well. But I assume that this is quite a lot of work. Sometimes I think a wipe would be much easier and it would be fair.
So, basically, you suggest that everyone unhappy with his/her character's attributes starts a new one? Now, keeping in mind the fact that nobody yet even knows which attributes are going to be important for a druid and the painfully slow rising of the skills, I would not speak of any fairness there. It is noone's fault, should the attributes not fit a druid after the change, and having to forego any fun with the new system to "roleplay" the flaws a character has seems a bit too high of a price.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Silent wrote:How about publishing the starting attribute package of a druid then?
Silent wrote: So, basically, you suggest that everyone unhappy with his/her character's attributes starts a new one?
No, I suggested to publish the starting package so that the druids can adjust their attributes according to the package.
Silent

Post by Silent »

The problem is: we do not know yet, if the current starting package really represents the attributes that are going to be important for a druid. Else, noone would ask about them. :)
Magdha Tiefenerz

:roll: I'm pretty sure that the starting package will be adjusted once the new druid systems is introduced.
Silent

Post by Silent »

Then, yes, that should be fine.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Die Herstellung von Tränken, insbesondere die Rezepturen stellen rp-mäßig natürlich Geheimnisse der Druiden dar, die nicht veröffentlicht, sondern allenfalls mündlich überliefert werden sollen.
Also doch noch mehr Geheimbünde. Sorry, aber ich bin jetzt wirklich enttäuscht. Wenn man schon soetwas macht, dann bitte bei allem, d.h. auch beim Handwerk und beim Kämpfen. Oder man gibt alles frei. So ist es unfair, denn ein Druide kann ohne Probleme ein Handwerk oder Kämpfen lernen, aber ein Handwerker oder Kämpfer kann nicht ohne weiteres Druide oder Magier werden.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Hui ui ui! Immer wenn ich denke, jetzt haste es aber gut erklärt, beweisen mir die Fragen am Board das Gegenteil.

Gut, also nochmal zur Frage nach den Attributen. Der Beginn der Arbeit am neuen Druidensystem reicht mittlerweile fast zwei Jahre zurück. Das, was jetzt veröffentlicht wird, stellt die erste Ausbaustufe dar und bildet das Übergangsstück zwischen den relevanten Handwerksskills zum Bereich der Druidenmagie. Wer also bislang ausreichende Skills für das Auffinden von Kräutern erlangen, Bücher lesen und Fremdsprachen lernen konnte, wird auch mit dem Druidensystem in dieser Ausbaustufe zurechtkommen. Für künftige Ausbaustufen kann das niemand vorhersagen.
Das was wir jetzt das Druidensystem nennen ist im Grunde ein Ausbau der Alchemie vom Handwerk ins Magische. Und deshalb kann man auch als Nichtdruide (Char mit Magietyp Magier, Barde oder Priester) an diesem neuen Druidensystem teilhaben, aber eben nur bis zu einer bestimmten Stufe. Dann muss man sich entscheiden und den Schritt zum Druiden tun, mit den bereits beschriebenen Nebenwirkungen. Natürlich gibt es eine Diskrepanz zwischen den neuen technischen Magiemöglichkeiten und der Fähigkeit, die sich einzelne Chars als Druiden rp-mäßig erworben haben, aber darauf kann man schwerlich Rücksicht nehmen. Wer heute einen Stardruiden spielt muss dennoch die technischen Voraussetzungen erst noch erwerben, um die Möglichkeiten des neuen DS auszunutzen.
Für die jetzige Einführung braucht man die Primärattribute nicht mehr als man sie bisher zum Kräuter sammeln etc benötigt hat.

Zur Frage, warum man nicht technisch unterbindet, das hochgerüstete Magier zum Druiden wechseln können: Ich denke, wir werden das in näherer Zukunft noch anpassen. Rollenspielmäßig würde ich das als unsinnig erachten, klar, aber wer es dennoch machen will.... Ich finde, wir sollten das nicht zu eng sehen.
Last edited by Falk vom Wald on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Die Herstellung von Tränken, insbesondere die Rezepturen stellen rp-mäßig natürlich Geheimnisse der Druiden dar, die nicht veröffentlicht, sondern allenfalls mündlich überliefert werden sollen.
Also doch noch mehr Geheimbünde. Sorry, aber ich bin jetzt wirklich enttäuscht. Wenn man schon soetwas macht, dann bitte bei allem, d.h. auch beim Handwerk und beim Kämpfen. Oder man gibt alles frei. So ist es unfair, denn ein Druide kann ohne Probleme ein Handwerk oder Kämpfen lernen, aber ein Handwerker oder Kämpfer kann nicht ohne weiteres Druide oder Magier werden.
Typischer Fall von Missverständnis. Ich schreibe ..."Rezepturen stellen rp-mäßig natürlich Geheimnisse der Druiden dar" und meine damit, dass es wenig Sinn macht, wenn jemand, der eine Rezeptur für einen Verwandlungstrank entdeckt hat, diese Rezeptur dann veröffentlicht. Er schießt sich damit ja selbst ins Knie, denn solange er der Einzige ist, der weiß, wie das Rezept lautet, kann er damit auch als Einziger Geld verdienen. Gibt er das Rezept an seine Gildenbrüder weiter, an seinen Schüler oder an sonst wen, dann ist das ok, wenn aber die Rezepte am Board auftauchen oder Allgemeingut werden, dann gibt es für die anderen Spieler irgendwann nix mehr zu entdecken und es wird fad. Ein wesentlicher Aspekt des Alchemiesystems ist die Entdeckung der Rezepturen.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Danke für deine Mühen und Antworten, Falk. :wink:

Zu der Druiden-RP-Sache.
Ich denke mal allen Druiden POs war es klar, dass alles, was sie lernen, nur bis zum System bestand haben wird. Und das sobald das System da ist, man das ganez alte hinter sich lässt bzw. dem System anpasst.
Ich bin sicher keiner wird rumschreien "Blehhh! Alles anders, als wie wir es spielten."
Schlimmer als garkein System kann das Druidensystem nciht werden, oder? :P
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Jupiter wrote: Schlimmer als garkein System kann das Druidensystem nciht werden, oder? :P
wer weiß....
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Falk vom Wald wrote:[Sounds that only certain people can do] Everytime I think I explained everything well, the questions on the board prove me wrong.

Well, back to the question about the attributes. The beginnings of the druid system reach back to years ago. The part, which is going to be published soon, is the first addition to that system and fills the gap between the crafts to the druid magic.
Everybody who gained the skills to gather herbs, read books and learn foreign languages will be able to work with the new part of the druid system.
This however cannot be predicted for future versions.

What we are currently calling "druid system", is basicly nothing but turning the alchemy from being a craft into a magic.
Thats why every non-druid (mage, bard, priest) will be able to work with the new durid system, but only to a certain degree. From there you have to decide to become a full druid, will all mentioned consequences.

Of course there will be discrepancies between the technical possibilites of the magic and the abilites which old druids gained through RP, but you can hardly show consideration for that beforehand.
People playing star druids today still need to gain the technical prerequisities to use all possibilites of the new druid system to its fullest.

The current introduction does not use other attributes as you need to gather herbs, etc.

Regarding the question if its possible to prevent high skilled mages becoming druids: I think we will adjust to that in the future. Roleplaywise I would consider this as nonsense, but if anybody really wants to ...
We shouldn't view this too strict.
Hope this still makes sense.
Spelling errors and butchered grammar are all mine.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Falk vom Wald wrote:
Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:[Question regarding the procedure of becoming a druid. Assuming it is like becoming a mage.]
A typical case of a missunderstanding. I write, 'Recipes are of course a secret roleplay wise.', and mean with that, that it makes little sense for anybody to publish the recipe of the transformation potion once he discovered it. He would be sabotaging himself, since as long as he is the only one to know it, he is the only one earning money with it.
If he is passing the recipe to his guild brother, or pupil or somebody else, it's okay, but if the recipes surface on the boards or become common knowledge, then other player will have nothing left to discover and it becomes boring.
An essential aspect of the alchemy system is the discovery of new recipes.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

One question.. will the current druids get any recepies, or not?
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:One question.. will the current druids get any recepies, or not?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

I don't get it :/
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:I don't get it :/
I think that is part of the fun of discovering :D
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Nachdem es einige Verwirrung gab weil einige Spieler schon Tränke herstellen konnten und andere dachten sie sollen warten, möchte ich das hier jetzt aufklären.

Die die gewartet haben, haben sich völlig richtig verhalten. Und alle anderen haben eben eine Anweisung eines Staff Mitglieds ignoriert und das System für sich trotzdem aktiviert.

Wie auch immer das war nur möglich weil der "Druidentrank" welcher das System aktivierte einen nicht unerheblichen Fehler hatte der es ermöglichte ihn sehr einfach herzustellen. Dieser Fehler ist jetzt zwar nicht behoben aber der Trank ist deaktiviert und so kann erstmal keiner Druide werden.

Außerdem wurden die Chars von all jenen die nicht warten konnten und unbedingt das Druidensystem schon testen mussten obwohl gesagt wurde das sie das nicht machen sollen zurück gesetzt und alle Druidenrunen entfernt. Daraus ergibt sich für diese Spieler der Nachteil das sie wenn sie das nächste mal Druide werden wieder einen Skillabzug auf dem "Alchemie" Skill erleiden müssen. Aber das ist eben die Strafe dafür das man nicht hören kann.

Der Trank der den Einstieg ins Druidensystem ermöglicht wird erst dann wieder freigegeben, wenn das System wirklich benutzbar sein soll. Um solches Chaos zu vermeiden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to clear up the rescent confusion a little about the point that some players created already potions while others thought they have to wait.

Those who waited acted in the correct way and all others ignored a instruction from a staff member and actived the system anyway.

How ever that was only possible because the druidpotion that activates the system has a major bug and that caused that it was really easy to create it. This bug is not solved yet but the potion is disabled so noone can become a druid.

Also the characters of the players who were not able to wait and had to test the druid system right way against the instruction that they shall wait got resetted. Means all druid runes got removed and the magic flag got set back to "mage". That causes a disadvantage for those players because they have to suffer the skill reduce of the alchemy skill again. But thats the punishment for those who can't listen.

The potion that allows to activate the druid system will stay inactive now and will be activated as soon as the druid system is really free for all and all bugs are solved. To avoid such chaos in future.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Question: will the players know the recepie for this potion, or will it be buyable from a NPC?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

There seem to be lots of debugging stuff present. Casting the runes results in strange stuff, too.
Manron

Post by Manron »

Nitram wrote:Nachdem es einige Verwirrung gab weil einige Spieler schon Tränke herstellen konnten und andere dachten sie sollen warten, möchte ich das hier jetzt aufklären.

Die die gewartet haben, haben sich völlig richtig verhalten. Und alle anderen haben eben eine Anweisung eines Staff Mitglieds ignoriert und das System für sich trotzdem aktiviert.

Wie auch immer das war nur möglich weil der "Druidentrank" welcher das System aktivierte einen nicht unerheblichen Fehler hatte der es ermöglichte ihn sehr einfach herzustellen. Dieser Fehler ist jetzt zwar nicht behoben aber der Trank ist deaktiviert und so kann erstmal keiner Druide werden.

Außerdem wurden die Chars von all jenen die nicht warten konnten und unbedingt das Druidensystem schon testen mussten obwohl gesagt wurde das sie das nicht machen sollen zurück gesetzt und alle Druidenrunen entfernt. Daraus ergibt sich für diese Spieler der Nachteil das sie wenn sie das nächste mal Druide werden wieder einen Skillabzug auf dem "Alchemie" Skill erleiden müssen. Aber das ist eben die Strafe dafür das man nicht hören kann.

Der Trank der den Einstieg ins Druidensystem ermöglicht wird erst dann wieder freigegeben, wenn das System wirklich benutzbar sein soll. Um solches Chaos zu vermeiden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to clear up the rescent confusion a little about the point that some players created already potions while others thought they have to wait.

Those who waited acted in the correct way and all others ignored a instruction from a staff member and actived the system anyway.

How ever that was only possible because the druidpotion that activates the system has a major bug and that caused that it was really easy to create it. This bug is not solved yet but the potion is disabled so noone can become a druid.

Also the characters of the players who were not able to wait and had to test the druid system right way against the instruction that they shall wait got resetted. Means all druid runes got removed and the magic flag got set back to "mage". That causes a disadvantage for those players because they have to suffer the skill reduce of the alchemy skill again. But thats the punishment for those who can't listen.

The potion that allows to activate the druid system will stay inactive now and will be activated as soon as the druid system is really free for all and all bugs are solved. To avoid such chaos in future.

Verzeihung weiß man denn schon wann das System denn jetzt aktiv wird oder nicht? Ich kann auch gern helfen :) *g*
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

DANKE!

Mehr nicht, einafch nur an alle die daran gearbeitet haben: Danke. :)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Manron wrote:
Nitram wrote:......and all others ignored a instruction from a staff member and actived the system anyway.....
Not all players "ignored" instructions, SOME players followed 'instructions" as was given to them.... innocently thinking everything was fine. :wink:

*chalks it up to staff confusion or communication misunderstanding*

(you are welcome to delete this as not part of the original post however I did wish to correct a misrepresentation of SOME of players involved)
Last edited by Juliana D'cheyne on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garou

Post by Garou »

Nitram wrote:I want to clear up the rescent confusion a little about the point that some players created already potions while others thought they have to wait.

Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

I doubt that those few who didn't wait for the letter really achieved big advantages. It was aggravating because it was unexpected but those guys did not start from the beginning and so they lack of important information. All they achieved was to become a druid but without any idea of what they could do now. To be a druid does not mean to understand how alchemy works and to know how to make a broth does not mean to know how to make a potion. As I said, alchemy is a connective link between crafting and magic, so it is a feature that non-druids can follow the first steps into alchemy too.

Everybody who starts with the letter and his hints and follows the path will harvest much more in the end for he knows why he does what he does.
Tlatloc

Post by Tlatloc »

I think the earlier chaos with characters drinking the potion and activating the system unknowingly was due to a misunderstanding arising from poor communication. In the announcement about the new druid system, people were informed that they could drink a potion to become a druid, but they were not told to wait for anything. Although I did not drink a druid potion and have to suffer the consequences of that, I feel sorry for those that unwittingly went against an undeclared rule and were forced to suffer the punishment for doing so.

The letter is here now, but to clarify for everyone's benefit: is it allowed for characters to drink the druid potion to become a druid now?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

~The new druid system will be activated within the next few days. This is the first installment, in order to introduce the druid system sooner than later. For now we skimmed by with the graphics we have, but new graphics will be coming in the future.

For roleplay sake, the advent of the new druid system will be explained in a post on the RP forum, and will also be readable ingame.
~

Thats a quote from the mainpage, I think its quiete clear that noone was allowed to activate anything untill that letter comes on the board or ig.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Tlatloc wrote:The letter is here now, but to clarify for everyone's benefit: is it allowed for characters to drink the druid potion to become a druid now?
Yes.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I think that most English players won't be able to find that here either considering the title of this thread throws it off.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Nitram wrote:
Tlatloc wrote:The letter is here now, but to clarify for everyone's benefit: is it allowed for characters to drink the druid potion to become a druid now?
Yes.
So where can one find the druid potion? or at least can we know what tools we need for alchemy to work?

I think we need at least a basic outline of the druid system. A how it works post..