Gnomish Laboratory / Gnom-Labor

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rincewind

Gnomish Laboratory / Gnom-Labor

Post by Rincewind »

Das Gnom-Labor:
Ist-Zustand:
Die Gnome Illarions werden als sehr Erfindungsreiches Volk beschrieben. Jedoch findet man im ganzen Spiel keine inovativen Erfindungen.
Mithilfe von Phrase’s Spezialanfertigungen lassen sich Gegenstände umbenennen. Mit dieser Möglichkeit könnte man etwas „gnomischere“ Gegenstände herstellen. Allerdings haben sie dann keinen Nutzen.

Vorschlag:
„Erfinder“ sollen die Möglichkeit bekommen bestehende Gegenstände mit gnomischen Erfindungen aufzurüsten. Das ist eigentlich ein NPC der z.B. einen „Topfhelm“ gegen einen „Topfhelm mit optischer Linse“ tauscht.

Details:
Der NPC befindet sich im Gnomlabor, welches zu diesem Zweck gebaut werden soll.
Mithilfe des NPC’s können den Spieler verschiedene Barrieren gelegt werden. z.B.: Gnom-Sprache, bestimmte Phrasen usw. (falls das gewünscht wird)Der Tauschvorgang benötigt ebenso die Materialien und Rohstoffe für den Umbau des Items.
Die Spieler haben die Möglichkeit sich neue Erfindungen auszudenken, und die Grafiken dazu zu machen.

Vorschlag 2:
Im Zuge des Gnomlabors könnte man Tunnel graben und mit Minenförderwagen (Loren) (im sinne der Teleporter) in abseits gelegene Gebiete reißen. Wie die Nordmark, die Orkhöhlen usw. Da hier der Weg oft sehr mühsam ist.

Welche arbeiten würden auf den Staff zukommen?
  • -Skript eines NPC, der Gegenstände tauscht.
    -Bau eines Labors nahe Bane.
    -Einbau der neuen Gegenstände. (Wobei die Spieler Bilder dazu liefern)
    -(Das Tunnelsystem)

Welche Möglichkeiten haben die Spieler?
  • -Ein neuer Beruf. (auf kleiner Basis technisch unterstützt mit einer Menge RP Möglichkeiten)
    -Konstruktion von gnomischen Gegenständen. (die Grafiken erstellen, und Ausdenken)
    -Alternative zu den magischen Gegenständen. ( Für „Magie-ist-Firlefanz“ Char’s)
    -Einbringung der gnomischen Gesellschaft und Kultur auf Gobaith.
    -begrenzte Technisierung von Illarion mit einfachen Mechanismen und optischen Geräten, wie Linsen oder ausklappbaren Klingen.

The Gnome-Laboratory:
Current status:
The gnomes of Illarion are be very inventive people. But you can’t find any inventions in the whole game.
With the “Custom build articles” maked by Phrase its possible to rename some Items. So its possible to produce a kind of gnomish-things. But who cares? They just look good, that’s all.

Proposal:

For “Inventors” it should be possible to upgrade existing items with their gnomish inventions. All in all is this a NPC who changes for example a pot-helmet, against a “helmet with optical lense”.

Detail:

This NPC stands in this Gnome-Laboratory, construkted especially for him.
With the help of the NPC you are able to build barriers for the players, if you want that. (gnomish-language or special phrases to say.)
The barter trade needs also some basic materials, which are needed for the remodelling of the Item.
The Players have the Chance to invent Items by their own and producing the graphics.

Proposal 2:
By the bargain of the Gnome-Laboratory it’s a idea to construct tubes. Their you can drive with mine-lorry’s to the isolated countries of Gobaith. (like the teleport) The Nordmark, and the Orc-caves for example.

Work to do, for the staff:
  • -Write a script for the NPC who is able to trade items
    -Construct of a Laboratory near Bane
    -Installation of the new Items (the first graphics will be delivered by me.)
    -(the tubesystem)

Chances for the Players:
  • -A new career available
    - Self-construction of gnomish Items and Inventions (Rethink them and making graphics)
    -a alternative for the NO-magic Characters
    -establishment of a gnomish society and culture on Gobaith
    - a little bit more technology for Illarion. With simple mechanic and optical gadgets like lenses or fold-out blades.
Last edited by Rincewind on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

We could also rp inventions. :wink:
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Ein Gnom-Labor ist eine klasse Idee, aber ich wüdre sie anders angehen.

Zu erstmal braucht man eine Gnomgemeinschaft. Da hört es schon auf, weil wir die nicht haben und nie hatten.

Hat man so eine gemeisnchaft könnte man sicher was tolles aufbauen, auch so ein Labor.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Gregory Hardcast wrote:We could also rp inventions. :wink:
But a lot people would be/Are quick to question your rp none the less, least this would make things more concrete.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Someone could invent tobacco.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Jupiter wrote:Ein Gnom-Labor ist eine klasse Idee, aber ich wüdre sie anders angehen.

Zu erstmal braucht man eine Gnomgemeinschaft. Da hört es schon auf, weil wir die nicht haben und nie hatten.

Hat man so eine gemeisnchaft könnte man sicher was tolles aufbauen, auch so ein Labor.
Ich denke ein "Labor" ist ein guter Anreiz einen Gnom zu spielen.
Es ist nichts anderes, als wenn sich drei Zwerge zusammen tun und eine Schmiede bauen. Die Spieler Profitieren, da die Schmiede begehrte Gegenstände liefern kann. Und sie wird auch im Laufe der Zeit weitere Schmiede anziehen.

So stellt sich doch die Frage, ob die Spielerschaft an gnomisch Aufgerüsteten Gegenständen Interesse hat und diese nutzen würde. Oder sich über das Tunnelsystem freuen würde?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So I want to konw, if the Players of Illarion be pleased on gnomish-upgraded Items? Would you use this Service? And whats about the mine-lorry-system?
Triton

Post by Triton »

Endlich eine Idee mit Potezial,

Wie kann mann behilflich sein?
Wo kommen die Gelder für den Bau her?
Wer kümmert sich um NPC´s und Grafiken?
Welche Gegenstände sollen wie umgebaut werden?

Ich stelle mich für die Grafiken zur Verfügung,
mit detailierten Angaben kann man da sicher
was machen.

Sollen neue Einzelgegenstände geschaffen werden die
miteinander kombinierbar sind?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The Nordmark would probably just smash the thing because they wouldn't understand it, and those who use the travel system to the orc caves might be in danger of being hurt so in all truth it wouldn't pay off.

More so, Gnomes are not so popular to be played. They are fun to look at, and interesting creatures... but they are not quite so playable by people, and so you would be creating a feature of inventing for gnomes.. when there are a very small number of gnomes. I like the idea, but it feels like alot of work from PO's and devs.
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

Maybe people don't play gnomes because things like this are in play?

When the greatest achievement of a race, in this case inventing mechanical things, aren't viable in game... Then the race becomes less attractive to players.

I love both proposals.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

I love the idea...had spoken to one of the first gnomes I ever met IG about an idea once...never able to seriously follow though with it and then the gnome hasn't been seen in some time.

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA !! :D
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Hushed wrote:Maybe people don't play gnomes because things like this are in play?

When the greatest achievement of a race, in this case inventing mechanical things, aren't viable in game... Then the race becomes less attractive to players.

I love both proposals.
/signed
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Actually a nice idea, now that we got magical gems to "upgrade" items another way to upgrade an item is nice to see.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Gefällt mir. Also das Labor...das mit dem Tunnelsystem...ich weiß nich...die Nordmark leigt nich ohne Grund abgeschottet ;)

Wegen den Items: Als alternative zu den magischen Upgrades auf jeden Fall ne prima Sache! Manche CHars mögen Magie nich und konsequentes RP verhindert dann halt das nutzen der magischen Steinchen...aus Fairnessgründen sollte diesen Leuten ne alternative angeboten werden!
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Heyho,

Well, a lorry system sounds great!

Slowly but steadily I am getting annoyed of walking all the long way to the orc caves.

Well, we should keep that in mind for sure.

Thanks and all the best,
PO Rugh
orgis

Post by orgis »

yeah ah kindy fast travel would save lot ay the orc lads the time taks frigging ages git there tae find oot they aw away at trolls bane lol

Po Orgis
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

orgis wrote:yeah ah kindy fast travel would save lot ay the orc lads the time taks frigging ages git there tae find oot they aw away at trolls bane lol

Po Orgis
Waey inna'll dae faive's saek dae yae taeyp laeik dat waen in OOC?
Thanseus Valerian
Location: Nichts ist drinnen, nichts ist draußen, was drinnen ist ist draußen, was draußen ist ist drinnen.

Post by Thanseus Valerian »

Kranek wrote:Wegen den Items: Als alternative zu den magischen Upgrades auf jeden Fall ne prima Sache! Manche CHars mögen Magie nich und konsequentes RP verhindert dann halt das nutzen der magischen Steinchen...aus Fairnessgründen sollte diesen Leuten ne alternative angeboten werden!
dito
Wir Zwerge haben praktisch gar keine Möglichkeit solche Steine zu nutzen.
Da muss ich wieder einen meiner Lieblingsvorschläge nennen :wink:
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... ight=runen
orgis

Post by orgis »

LifeWonder wrote:
orgis wrote:yeah ah kindy fast travel would save lot ay the orc lads the time taks frigging ages git there tae find oot they aw away at trolls bane lol

Po Orgis
Waey inna'll dae faive's saek dae yae taeyp laeik dat waen in OOC?
because if ah did gaelic ah hink yer hed would blow sky high :P

il make a wee try and fix it up ah bit in ah wee bit :wink:
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

People tend to forget that gnomes are MORE than inventors; they are ingenuitive in every field they set their minds to, and so often people clamp them just to artificiers.

I know of gnomes that have headed crime rings, led libraries, taught as proffessors, or in the case of J and W Daerwick (my gnome and his cousin) led a slaver's group.

There is simply so much you can do...However, I do support the original motion, regardles. :)
Triton

Post by Triton »

Eine Idee ohne Taten ist eine tote Idee. :wink:
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Triton wrote:Eine Idee ohne Taten ist eine tote Idee. :wink:
Der erste Post ist erst drei Tage alt... geben wir jedem eine Chance seine Meinung zu äußern.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Triton wrote:Eine Idee ohne Taten ist eine tote Idee. :wink:
Dann fang(t) mal an:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=25012

Das "Drumherum" für den Npc (Dialoge) kann von fast jedem ohne große Programmierkenntnisse geschrieben werden, und selbst wenn die Idee nicht realisiert wird, ein gnomischer Npc der sich wie ein Gnom IG verhält ist bestimmt eine Bereicherung.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Die Mehrheit der GM's unterstüzt diese Idee nicht. So erfuhr ich es Gestern.

:cry: ________________________________________________________________ :cry:

I get informed yesterday, that the majority of the GM's disagrees with this Idea.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Rincewind wrote:Die Mehrheit der GM's unterstüzt diese Idee nicht. So erfuhr ich es Gestern.

:cry: ________________________________________________________________ :cry:

I get informed yesterday, that the majority of the GM's disagrees with this Idea.
I heard the contrary.

I thought the GMs were very positive towards the idea of the whole gnome-happening on Gobatih? =/
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

We see it positive to have so many new gnomes in Illarion but we do not think that it is necessary to build something without an established active gnome community yet.

If the gnomes come together and fulfill the building rules, we are more than happy to build something for them but until then it would be just another empty building on the map no one plays with. I hope that is understandable.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I've had my gnome for quite a while now and have been involved in a gnome-guild before.. we planned and worked a lot with Gryph who was also very positive towards the idea.. but the reason nobody REALLY likes to play the gnome is stated above.. It isn't really.. paying off with hard work due to the fact that ideas can't be realized. At least that's the reason in my experience, and why I took a break from my gnome.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

The laboratory-house isn't necessery. The main-part of this proposal are the gnomish upgrades for the common items. I think its clumsy to make a race, with great ambitions as inventors and wondrously technology knowledge, without install such Items into the game.

I can't see any peck of trouble, just makeing some new Items.

EDIT:
Rincewind wrote:Ich denke ein "Labor" ist ein guter Anreiz einen Gnom zu spielen.
Es ist nichts anderes, als wenn sich drei Zwerge zusammen tun und eine Schmiede bauen. Die Spieler Profitieren, da die Schmiede begehrte Gegenstände liefern kann. Und sie wird auch im Laufe der Zeit weitere Schmiede anziehen.
I will translate this also for the english players. :wink:

I think this laboratory will be a nice motivation to play a gnome.
Its the same, like if three Players comes togehter to build a forge. The other players benefit, because the forge is able to deliver desired Items. And the forge will attract many participants, in the course of time.
Last edited by Rincewind on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

I support the upgrades!
No-magic-users will suffer disadvantages against magic-gem-users in future...there must be an alternative for us!
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Rincewind wrote:The laboratory-house isn't necessery. The main-part of this proposal are the gnomish upgrades for the common items. I think its clumsy to make a race, with great ambitions as inventors and wondrously technology knowledge, without install such Items into the game.

I can't see any peck of trouble, just makeing some new Items.
That "house" would be included in an eventual gnome-guilds house I think..
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Just put a gnome in the northern gatehouse in bane and everything is fine, right?