magical uncut gems

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

magical uncut gems

Post by Salathe »

bit more common to loot then cut ones...?

maybe give our gemcutters more demand and money for their skill...?

maybe...?

:? :? :?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I say: yes.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Voting Yes Too! ^_^
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

hrrmm i would vote yes, but gemcutter wouldn't have any gain, because people would jsut cut them on their own...how they do this today aswell.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Pellandria wrote:hrrmm i would vote yes, but gemcutter wouldn't have any gain, because people would jsut cut them on their own...how they do this today aswell.
high skill = less risk to destroy the gem

And a really good gemcutter has the right attributs, too. So I beleive no fighter would be so stupid to cut a magic gem with bad or average skill.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Im sure there are people that would try to cut the gems themselves. But those people probably dont have anywhere near decent (lvl 50+ gemcut, which im not sure anyone even has). So they will most likely fail, since if this is implemented i doubt that uncuts would be so much more rare that a player can get more than 7+ without saving over a long period of time. In which case it would take alot of luck for a player to cut themselves (unless they are one of the few very good gemcutters.

The reason most players cut there own gems now is because they already have a big bulk uncut gems, and cut gems dont have such great a value to go find someone else to cut them, when they can get atleast a few on their own. as opposed to 1 single magic gem which they reaaaaally want to put into their sword.

Im sure that most people that get these, will be willing to seek out a gemcutter and pay them for a successful cut.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

This idea is absolutely amazing, I think I creamed my pants when I read it, Salathe is the best person ever and this is definately my unbiased opinion.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Retlak wrote:This idea is absolutely amazing, I think I creamed my pants when I read it, Salathe is the best person ever and this is definately my unbiased opinion.
I creamed twice to your post.

I love the idea, Salathe.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

love you too
'Seregon' relaxes, his tongue hangs out, his beer belly rips out of his shirt
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

so.. what say our beloved Staffpeople to the idea?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Not magical gems but possibly placing both proposals together since both talk of gems:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=29636