Poison resisitance skill

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

Poison resisitance skill

Post by bdgdkay »

Havent had the time to search the various pages for this... but what about a poison resistance skill? It would follow, more or less, the idea of the magic resistance skill, when you are poisonned, you gain experience in it.
The effects would be either that when you are poisonned, depending on your opponent's skill in poisonning, you would either not get poisenned at all, or you wouldnt be as severely poisonned. Anyone else think there's hope for this?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Most likely useless since.. poison is a useless skill with half the weapons not working.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

But spiders work very well...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Friedwulfa wrote:But spiders work very well...
..too well in fact.

I don't think its possible to get poisoned on your own and survive unless you chug down a ton of potions.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

its not that hard Hadrian.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

That's what she said. :wink:

As for the proposal.. I think it's a good idea if and only if the poison skill actually starts to work. Spiders, some daggers, low level scorpions are all very potent to tell you the truth. If your going to have a half arsed poison system then you need to a half arsed poison resistance system as well?
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

Julius wrote:That's what she said. :wink:
and that's what he said.

I have yet to be poisoned as I'm still really new to the game, but from the sounds of it a resistance skill would be beneficial - at least to cut down on the time / severity that you are poisoned.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Adding two cents: My first char had only two deaths IG, the first was falling into the mummy tomb (rediscovered the way you *can't* get out), the second was being stung by a scorpion.

I think it would be nice to have a poison resistance skill since scorpions are easy enough to run into but can have a really low encounter survival rate (as demonstrated by my second char - who's motto, I believe was: die early, die often :D ).
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »