Mounts

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

squee

Mounts

Post by squee »

I think there should be mounts like a dragon.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Rakust Dorenstkzul bursts into the room, he grab the topic creator and throws him to the ground as spewing hot venom and flames come spewing through the wall and windows, melting the computer console to nothing, the sound of a thousand people screaming "graphics" rings around the room.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

It wouldn't do much good, as there is no way to go any faster currently.
Plus, it would require animations, -and- dragons don't like to be ridden.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

well you have to admit it would be a good advantage top the game like adding the run command but double it and add it so you need to buy a mount from an npc like the mules and they give you l;ike a horse or summin
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

But the game can -not- go faster than what it already is, atleast from what I have gathered. The speed you walk on paths is as fast as you can go.
Maeglin Telemmaite

not speed dudedistance make it so you could say travel 2 spaces at a time like with the run ability that mark is testing..
squee

Post by squee »

We only need a person who is willing to make the animation strip, anyways its only one simple animation strip per class. And maybe the mount could be summoned with magic. And perhaps it doesnt need to be fast, it can help in battle, like shoot fire.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Unfortunately Squee, no one has the ability to do so.. and if we DO find anyone actually wanting to spend time on animating/drawing for Illarion, we'd have them do the doll-thing first (which means we see a sword in a character's hand, armor, helmets, etc.. on characters' avatars.)
Maeglin Telemmaite

hey who does it now?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

No one, or not many. Sure, its a fun idea... but it would take a very long time.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Would be an awesome addition, but obviously its not really possible at this point in time.

It would be nice to have things like horses added as pack animals though. There's something not very knightly about traveling with a mule. Perhaps even a range of pack animals you could include that can be purchased from different places. I've always wanted to see Orcs running around with wolves by their side.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

And if we did have mounts, I assure you, dragons wouldn't be on the list for them.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Wolves are already in the game Nalzax...Haven't you seen Aldan and Maeglin and Vampirico using theirs as Doves :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

squee wrote:We only need a person who is willing to make the animation strip, anyways its only one simple animation strip per class. And maybe the mount could be summoned with magic. And perhaps it doesnt need to be fast, it can help in battle, like shoot fire.
Each animation takes 15 (I think) frames.

There are 4 directions

15*4

= 60 images

There are 9 races

That's 9*2 -2 [Lizards and fairies have only one graphic]

16 different images

16 * 60
= 960 images

For each mount.

:)

Ps- a 'mount' shooting fire wouldn't really be a mount, but its perfectally possible to program

*winks at someone*
pharse

Post by pharse »

Dump this for piteous description in the first post.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISn1Hc2V_Y

I like the idea.. but.. won't happen.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Bellringer wrote:Wolves are already in the game Nalzax...Haven't you seen Aldan and Maeglin and Vampirico using theirs as Doves :P
I was suggesting using Wolves as pack animals. As in, instead of a mule, its a wolf that follows you around :p
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Ha, i have a wolf that follows me around! :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nalzaxx wrote:Perhaps even a range of pack animals you could include that can be purchased from different places.
L L A M A S
Maeglin Telemmaite

Bellringer wrote:Wolves are already in the game Nalzax...Haven't you seen Aldan and Maeglin and Vampirico using theirs as Doves :P
duh roleplay wolves and we use them as more than a sub for doves.We use them for almost anything that we can think of.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Maeglin...Get out. Now.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Maeglin Telemmaite wrote:
duh roleplay wolves and we use them as more than a sub for doves.We use them for almost anything that we can think of.
husband/wife ;)
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

No one is serious about the wolves, are they?...
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I wasn't, I know that much. ;)
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Speaking of graphics (however many posts back): Does anyone know the dpi most images in Illa are? I was thinking about making some (non-3D) graphics for the game (yea I'm aware that things are supposed to be 3D here, but a. I has no 3D programzorz and b. I has no 3D skillz and c. I supports no 3Dz in this gamzzx!!11!).

Just practicing. ^_^
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Nop, the only person who can update the client (E.g; add more graphics) is thoroughly inactive currently, so even if you do make graphics, you possibly won't see them in game for a looong time... or so I've been told.

Either way, web format is considered 72dpi, printing format is 300 dpi, so I'd say try and go for 300.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

DPI does not matter.

Thats just for printing purposes. A pixel has in the client at all times the same size. DPI values are simply ignored.

Nitram
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

gah! mount and character animation gfx make me want to poison an apple and give it to some random person! i've visited this whole ordeal in the past with previous games that i have played and/or worked on... let me tell you that the idea is very simple but to actually do it is very stressful, time consuming, and ultimately rather pointless due to the fact that all it does it make people move a bit faster. IMHO mounts are not worth it, plus are not neccissarily needed anyways.

I vote against having mounts, just because I would feel bad for making somebody go through all the effort of creating them because people want to be lazier in a video game.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

:D I thought the point of volunteering to help develop something was that you were willing and you wanted to do it. ^_^