Rule against quoting on RPG/Guildforum

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Rule against quoting on RPG/Guildforum

Post by Jupiter »

Are your chars are such bored persons that they copy whole texts?

Seriously, there are wodden boards somewhere in the town, your chars have to copy stuff and not to click a simple button. Ever thought of it? No.

And if you want to quote, why not using what you learned at school?

Example:
You, my dear Julius R., used the words "stupid, cow loving coward" to describe me. My answer is that it is better to love a cow than pigs, like you do.

And yes, we need a rule for that. Definite.
Last edited by Jupiter on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

I like the idea!
Dronrul
Senior NPC Scripter

Post by Dronrul »

I also like the idea!
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Lillian wrote:I like the idea!
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

they could just rip the pergament in part and place their own under the "quoted" sentences, thougth of that?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pellandria wrote:they could just rip the pergament in part and place their own under the "quoted" sentences, thougth of that?
I could also rip the parchment all and set it on fire, but its impolite to do so.

--

Hear hear for the rule
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Are your chars are such bored persons that they copy whole texts
...but the handwriting is different! *teases*

"Are your chars are such bored persons that they copy whole texts"

I am good with this also... it doesn't matter to me.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Yeah...of course... everyone ribs everyones parchments in pieces... :roll:

Then it should be rped and the aprchemnt which got ribed, needed to be edited by the original writer.

And by the way, the "quotthing" just looks horrible in a RPG board. And even more in bulks.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Pellandria wrote:they could just rip the pergament in part and place their own under the "quoted" sentences, thougth of that?
Yes but that'd only work once, and not generate infinite pieces of parchment rips, as it looks like right now if the same words are quoted over and over again.

It was obvious you'd be against that suggestion, being one to use this function the most, but whatever, perhaps if the main proposal (rule against quoting) can't be achieved we could simply have a "Pellandria please don't post anymore" agreement, yes yes? :lol:

Anyways I endorse the idea.

Und das nicht nur weil ich die ganzen Lobbyisten hinter der Idee mag :)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

As shara allready told you, stop your sensless spam posts against me Faladron, there is not ONE instance where I used the quote function on the rpg board, maybe arien should finally but a stop on these ongoing lies coming from your side.

To go back to the topic at hand, there are people who rp that they rip pergaments off, burn them, change sentences and so on, so that is allright with you, but ripping one in peaces and simply placing your own under is in fact not allright?
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Oh...and don't forget...we need a rule for everything. Why? Because without rules there will be chaos and we do hate chaos, don't we? Imagine everybody doing what they like to do and not following the rules ... horrible.
And there should be a big tome, where all the rules are written down, for everybody to read. But wait ... people are not even reading the manual for this game so why should they read the tome of rules? Pah ... never mind those people, the most important thing is that some seasoned player can state that there is a rule for this and that and everything will be fine and everybody will have fun with this game because there is a rule for everything. Everybody ... ?

So behind all this is this serious question: Do we really need to regulate everything in this game?
Is this quoting really such a big issue that we need a rule for that?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Pellandria wrote:there are people who rp that they rip pergaments off, burn them, change sentences and so on, so that is allright with you, but ripping one in peaces and simply placing your own under is in fact not allright?
..I said it is ok. But it is not ok sinmply to click on "quote"

Lets say we are on the RP board. I ribed your parchment now by quoting.

Jupiter rips the prachment in pieces and put one piece on his note, writting soem lines under it

"Blablabal, whatever"

My blabla, what I answer

-- and now you need to edit your parchment. and delte it.
YOu get it? If you RP and edit, everything is fine, but just quoting is not riping or rping, it is just pressing a button.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

If you repeatedly insult everyone on the forums Pell, you gotta expect to get some insults in return.. Im surprised there aren't more.

I like the suggestion as long as it is implemented as "Guidelines" and not rules... Sometimes quoting just saves you a lot of time, but its certainly true that some people quote waaay too much. IMO quoting on the RPG/guild boards should be reduced to a minimum, but be allowed.