A few small suggestions

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lennier

Post by Lennier »

If able to "steal" later on that gives the owner NO chance to run now, they will have to fight making crafters instead of "hiring" simply learn to fight more for most.
In the begin of the mules/cows, it was implemented. I do not know why it is not now. Propably some server crashs were intiated by this.. or it was bugged in other way.

Look at a scene Today: What happens if anyone try to rob an other player? The victim logs out (against rules) or begin to flee.... And noone is able to catch him.

A slow mule prevents this. The victim has to make a decision: To flee, but to lose his mule or to fight to protect his property.
Llama

Post by Llama »

. . .

So for this rare chance that a person carrying a mule is attacked... the rest of us have to suffer having mules going at horrible speeds.

Also this drives us to crafters who need to learn to fight, or having to pay guards everytime they need a mule... and that is not a very good thing to do.

I understand mules were designed as resource movers from A to B. But around the same time, changes were made so that unless you use them, you won't be getting ahead. I can carry 50 units of coal. Together with 50 units of iron (2 journies) and some leather (isn't a problem due to the pigpen being in town) - I can make a medium suit of armor and leggings, on a good day.

Instead of working out in ideal cases, look at the REALITY of the situation today. Create a miner character and make him collect 200 coal and bring it to trollsbane without a mule. And THEN you can truly enforce the "Mules shouldn't help people do this" rule.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

What's the point of stealing a mule anyways if you can't steal the goods that are inside?
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Hey, sorry for being a total noob here, but how DO you steal a llama/mule/cow? I have tried various times on my GM char, but the thingie just wouldn't follow me! I even took on the appearance of a friendly cow for the occasion, but he wouldn't budge.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

the original owner needs to be out of view so the mule "Iaas" , then you simply use the mule.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I would rather not see a gm steal a cow. Just saying.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Pellandria wrote:the original owner needs to be out of view so the mule "Iaas" , then you simply use the mule.
Aah, you just use him. Okay, okay. And hey, I am not stealing it, just testing mechanics. Often times people just leave their mules somewhere, without even returning.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*ressurects*

*adds another*

Could we be able to make camfires without needing a hachet? Just the wood?

It doesn't seem to make sense, and now we don't have perma-fires anymore, so if you might sick you need to start carrying a hatchet now.
Olive

Post by Olive »

actually the hatchet part makes sense, since you have to cut the log into kindling, and you dont need the hatchet to actually strike up the fire, just to cut the log.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

My character's mule disappeared after 10 minutes as I was rping with someone. The mule was in 'follow mode' and just standing still, so it came as a bit of surprise to me. (it also had like 200 coal and raw stone inside, so i was pissed). Anyway, stop with the mule disappearing bug.. thing. Please.
pharse

Post by pharse »

No, because it is fun.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

F*** you pharse. Im not selling you play-orcs ever again.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Olive wrote:actually the hatchet part makes sense, since you have to cut the log into kindling, and you dont need the hatchet to actually strike up the fire, just to cut the log.
So instead of say, buying 5 logs of wood from a woodcutter for the rare chance that we're sick, we need to carry a hatchet with us as well.

Add a new item called 'kindling' then -_-

That we can carry around.
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

Just use a torch!
Olive

Post by Olive »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Olive wrote:actually the hatchet part makes sense, since you have to cut the log into kindling, and you dont need the hatchet to actually strike up the fire, just to cut the log.
So instead of say, buying 5 logs of wood from a woodcutter for the rare chance that we're sick, we need to carry a hatchet with us as well.

Add a new item called 'kindling' then -_-

That we can carry around.
actually i wouldn't mind seeing kindling wood or waste wood beign a by product of carpentry, specifically sawing logs into planks, which can then be sold to cooks for making fires so they dont have to go logging themselves
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Since you can "unload" an item from a depot to the ground, it would be nice to be able to "move" it from one depot to the other without having to "pick it up" from the ground or carry in your bag. Right now, you can unload up to 250 of an item onto the ground but can only pick up what you can carry rather then slide it to the other depot (let me know if there is a solution I am not aware of). This just takes a lot of resetting your numbers and dragging...... click work in other words....without any benefit I can see at present.