What do you think?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

uhmm gorrwinder thereis no discussion needed, he was asked to turn back the item and he has to give it back, end of line, I personally would not want to wait for an item that does not belong to someone, if I say "give it back" he is not playing freaking 20 minutes around untill he decides after ages to give it back to me.

He still can be lucky, you know, somehow I think we would have this topic, sligthly changed, aswell, when the gm punished the Char...hard... how it is supposed to be, so kill all his skills, cripple hm and let him have only minimal attribut points, this seems to be a pretty harsh curse at first, but you see...never mess with gods.

So I guess no matter how the gm decided we would have someone complaining, that he "lost his item".
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Bidukan wrote: Yeah, blame Damien...
Fixed.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I REALLY can't understand the entire thread anyway.... and hope any GM's seeing this is not discouraged.....I LOVE the quests whether my char gets anything or not and have been pleasantly surprised when they did but not disappointed when they didn't either. It just seems like the whole issue is "my char didn't get anything from a quest" that was suppose to be fun for all.
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Pellandria wrote:uhmm gorrwinder thereis no discussion needed, he was asked to turn back the item and he has to give it back, end of line, I personally would not want to wait for an item that does not belong to someone, if I say "give it back" he is not playing freaking 20 minutes around untill he decides after ages to give it back to me.
What's wrong about taking some time to think what to do? Don't normal persons act like that? When the GM gave the item it took like hours, and it was fun. The point is not how long my char to decide, the point is the God/GM could have done something different than take the item from my depot.
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:I REALLY can't understand the entire thread anyway.... and hope any GM's seeing this is not discouraged.....I LOVE the quests whether my char gets anything or not and have been pleasantly surprised when they did but not disappointed when they didn't either. It just seems like the whole issue is "my char didn't get anything from a quest" that was suppose to be fun for all.
No, I don't complain about getting something. I just think it could have ended in a different way, allowing the player to RP some.
pharse

Post by pharse »

All would be reasonable if some Irmorom messenger told Bidukan to bring back the artifact but Bidukan just wanted to make some money.

But in fact a Gamemaster of the Online Role Playing Game Illarion told you, the player, to bring back the artifact.

I hope you get the difference.

Oh and:
What do you think?
I think you might use the edit function.
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

pharse wrote:All would be reasonable if some Irmorom messenger told Bidukan to bring back the artifact but Bidukan just wanted to make some money.

But in fact a Gamemaster of the Online Role Playing Game Illarion told you, the player, to bring back the artifact.

I hope you get the difference.
Wrong, it was under Irmorom's messenger form. There was no OOC talk.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Pellandria wrote:uhmm gorrwinder thereis no discussion needed, he was asked to turn back the item and he has to give it back, end of line, I personally would not want to wait for an item that does not belong to someone, if I say "give it back" he is not playing freaking 20 minutes around untill he decides after ages to give it back to me.

He still can be lucky, you know, somehow I think we would have this topic, sligthly changed, aswell, when the gm punished the Char...hard... how it is supposed to be, so kill all his skills, cripple hm and let him have only minimal attribut points, this seems to be a pretty harsh curse at first, but you see...never mess with gods.

So I guess no matter how the gm decided we would have someone complaining, that he "lost his item".
This is why pretty much everyone, hates you.
pharse

Post by pharse »

it was under Irmorom's messenger form. There was no OOC talk.
I don't think this was necessary as you knew that a GM was involved.

Actually I think it is impertinent to even dare to complain about such a thing, and then in public... I can't believe how you still try to insist on your right.

Whatever. This whole issue seems to be pointless to me. Nothing good can arise here.
Bye then.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

This guy got pissed at me for telling him the gm was right, blocked me and called me a dirty american. I think he just needs to sit back and say to himself, "It's a graphical axe! I'm sure in 20 years I won't even remember it."
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

1. The guy was right.

2. The guy was right.

:)
Bidukan

Post by Bidukan »

Julius wrote:This guy got pissed at me for telling him the gm was right, blocked me and called me a dirty american. I think he just needs to sit back and say to himself, "It's a graphical axe! I'm sure in 20 years I won't even remember it."
I actually got pissed because you kept cybering instead of give me a hand :D
The rest of your post is worthless and has nothing to do here.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

PLEASE CLOSE THIS BULLSCHITT!

is there no mod around?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Korm Kormsen wrote:PLEASE CLOSE THIS BULLSCHITT!

is there no mod around?
This discussion is not over.

I honestly think that the vast majority of staff who posted here have come off as abrasive pricks with no help offered whatsoever, no logical thought, and no consensus. Just this is our game, and you as the player are always wrong when we do something you don't like.

It seems like I have to play tug of war always defending the staff in critical desicions but having to defend players when staff makes glaringly bad judgement calls and completely takes the fun away from someones experience for no reason.

I'm sick of agreeing with people, then backstabbing them, every other thread. Its pathetic. Either your here to make the game fun and DONATE YOUR TIME to SOMEONE *ELSES* enjoyment, or your here to make some kind of trouble. I personally dont want that kind of outlook controlling this game, lest it end up in the defunct bin like other mmo's and the community just does what it pleases outside of the rules.

The GM broke the rules, why is the GM not at fault for disrupting someones RP and forced RPing them? Why is the argument "We are always right you are always wrong" when the clear incident could have just been solved with "I'm sorry this happened, maybe we can discuss in pm's" or publicly with "I'm sorry this happened, we've decided that maybe the GM should have said OOC something about the damn axe" and then lock.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

I agree 100%.
Llama

Post by Llama »

is there no mod around?
They didn't even implement tobacco. I don't think they'll do this.
Damien

Post by Damien »

The GM didn't break ANY rule. GMs are also allowed to force-RP if necessary.

The player is always free to RP a curse that does not exist technically - what he makes from the situation is his own choice, even though he should talk it through with the GM.

Of course, players don't always act as they're supposed to. I remember the Ogre quest thingy, where everyone ran off with the spoon given / made by the ogre carpenter, because it was rare. How was it solved (cause the spoon was needed somewhere) ? Well. The Carpenter gave out spoons to different players. :lol:
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Damien wrote:The GM didn't break ANY rule. GMs are also allowed to force-RP if necessary.
So what you are indirectly saying is that if I was a GM I would be allowed to force rp the death of a random char without 1. discussing it with other gms, 2. having a ready solid reason + arguments.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Slippery Slope Fallacy!

--

Seriously what is everyone's problem, is GM-bashing season open?

ADDED:

He took an artifact axe back.

He didn't PK him, ban his account and send him an email insulting his family and questioning his sexual orientation.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

is GM-bashing season open?
Fuc­k yeah.

Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Smash 'em lads... :P
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Bidukan wrote:
Julius wrote:This guy got pissed at me for telling him the gm was right, blocked me and called me a dirty american. I think he just needs to sit back and say to himself, "It's a graphical axe! I'm sure in 20 years I won't even remember it."
I actually got pissed because you kept cybering instead of give me a hand :D
The rest of your post is worthless and has nothing to do here.
You got mad because I wouldn't give you hand? :shock: Man.. just because I don't swing a certain way..

As for the actual conversation, as stated above, the gms were right. If they gave you a right, a privilege of joining a quest and you don't continue the quest/deviate from the plan it's very well in their boundaries to take away the axe. It's harsh, I know.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The Returner wrote:

is there no mod around?
This discussion is not over.

I honestly think that the vast majority of staff who posted here have come off as abrasive pricks with no help offered whatsoever, no logical thought, and no consensus. Just this is our game, and you as the player are always wrong when we do something you don't like.

It seems like I have to play tug of war always defending the staff in critical desicions but having to defend players when staff makes glaringly bad judgement calls and completely takes the fun away from someones experience for no reason.

I'm sick of agreeing with people, then backstabbing them, every other thread. Its pathetic. Either your here to make the game fun and DONATE YOUR TIME to SOMEONE *ELSES* enjoyment, or your here to make some kind of trouble. I personally dont want that kind of outlook controlling this game, lest it end up in the defunct bin like other mmo's and the community just does what it pleases outside of the rules.

The GM broke the rules, why is the GM not at fault for disrupting someones RP and forced RPing them? Why is the argument "We are always right you are always wrong" when the clear incident could have just been solved with "I'm sorry this happened, maybe we can discuss in pm's" or publicly with "I'm sorry this happened, we've decided that maybe the GM should have said OOC something about the damn axe" and then lock.
The Returner wrote: This is why pretty much everyone, hates you.
Talk about brash remarks. Returner, calm down for a second. Seriously.

On topic...
So what you are indirectly saying is that if I was a GM I would be allowed to force rp the death of a random char without 1. discussing it with other gms, 2. having a ready solid reason + arguments.
They -did- have a reason. For one, this quest was -way- beyond over. The intended recipient, Goldburg, was long gone by this point. The gods asking for it back was in IC way, to basically say "Give me it, I am giving you an rp excuse." He then took forever to do so, so it was plainly removed. Oocly, I know that -had- this item been delievered, there would have been a -very- large difference then what happens now, basically a silent tomb of what could have been a very good town.

Basically, the Gm's could have handled this in a different manner but they tried to rp it to the end. Unfortunately, they ran out of time due to the other person not being direct and prompt, so this is the course they took.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

alright as some of you know i'm to lazy to read everything most of the time and now is well.. no diferent so i am just going to comment on the origional post. Force rp = bad. done by anyone. gm should have come up with some rp reason that forces the character to give it back, wrath of the gods or something equally cliched. my two cents. peace.
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

I think about the sun and the stars
ponder over jupiter and even mars
how can one so deliquet be torn
Travelling through darkness - has worn your soul -
Perhaps the offer one can repeat?
After such, and such defeat
demand, the one you planned was erratic - my boy -
Ectsatic choice, but your requiem was merely tactic - my boy -
Salathe

Re: What do you think?

Post by Salathe »

Bidukan wrote: he suddenly, out of all RP, snaped his fingers and stolen the artefact out of Bidukan's depot.
after a while, you get used to GMs going into your depot and taking items without ever telling you. GMs have gone in my depot on maybe 6 or 7 accounts (not including the time when everyone lost icebirds/armor/weapons) and taken items away without telling me. Sometimes i understand why they did, sometimes they have had no reason, or completely wrong reasons and still take them. I mostly stopped trying to find out the who and why about my missing items.

i suggest make the best of it. For any who know salathe or "Behemoth", his entire story line for the past 3 real life years is direct cause of a GM snatching my malachin dagger from my depot without ever telling me. Even though the GM that took them had very wrong reasons, which i could have given a long detailed explanation of the what and why... but i found over the years that you just deal with what the staff gives you, and you dont try and go against or find a middle ground. But i prefer Salathe's storyline 1000x more with what happened in unfairly losing the item, than if i had kept it and nothing changed.

And on another note. I fucking love divine GM intervention. i fucking love quests like "day of storms" and "Lich wars" or that quest where the town got overrun by plants, then also everything with ashkatuul and drahken. My favorite time ingame was when trollsbane was taken over by undead for over 2 months. I love divine GM intervention, and i blame sam (stephen rothman) for bitching like a little prick about how he never gets his way in quests, for why we have no fun island wide quests anymore.

Best RP i have ever seen came from the high tension/climax events from the quests like, "Gerard the pirate" or "Nightmare the demon" Or tense encounters with a quest char from "the lich wars".

The first battle in the lich wars was amazing. Half the town was englufed in those god forsaken blue flames. PvP enemies were watching eachothers backs - amazing roleplay was coming from the people me and 3 other warriors were protecting in the tavern from 20 minutes straight of flame skeletons - amazing roleplay was coming from all non warrior characters that were barricaded in the library/shop/inn as they were protected by 2 or 3 warrios at the doorway of the building. Immediate defense tactics were made up to protect the town, people were sent to each gate and certain points of interest. That goddam battle took an hour and a half of high tension RP and fighting. I fucking loved it. And the fact that we lost and trollsbane was taken over made it 1000x better. The aftermath of the battle was even better. People were scattered all throughout the island, roleplaying injuries, and people having to carry them to a safe haven. All of the camp fires, scout groups, raid groups that spawned from this quest were great too.

Bring back those quests
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Everyone be nice though, including the GMs.. The axe hes asking to keep is really just a large fireaxe or something technically... Its not like it's a psuhed artefact.

I dunno the story really, but I think there have been a lot of unnecessary threats etc. in this thread. Tell him nicely! The way he complains is surely wrong, but perhaps he didnt know how to complain? Its hard for our newer players to understand how things are done in this community. People really gotta stop being so harsh... 90% of the people here would be tempted by a large fireaxe, but luckily the same 90% know that there would be no use complaining...

Be nice people:) Make love not war:P
Pellandria wrote: He still can be lucky, you know, somehow I think we would have this topic, sligthly changed, aswell, when the gm punished the Char...hard... how it is supposed to be, so kill all his skills, cripple hm and let him have only minimal attribut points, this seems to be a pretty harsh curse at first, but you see...never mess with gods.
AKA: Loosing another player.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Why has this thread been necroed?

Someone lock it and toss it into the depths of the abyss.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Strolls to a dark corner of the thread, drops his pants, leaves his mark and leaves.

AKA: inb4 lock