The people

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

HandsbyJewel

The people

Post by HandsbyJewel »

The some of people in Illarion that I met are the worst I have ever seen in any other game.
The people here need to learn manners and not get so wound up on first, second, and third impressions.
What people need to realize is that everyone has good in them, it's just that no body wants to look for it.
In Rachel Scott's Essay: My Ethics, My Codes of Life, She explains that "Look hard enough and you will always find a light, and you can even help it grow, if you don't walk away from those three impressions first."
Last edited by HandsbyJewel on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fayne Bridgewater

Post by Fayne Bridgewater »

What? :shock:
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Well, unless you tell us what happened, not much we can do.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

There are some good people, there are some bad. There are some here who want to have fun, and there are some here who wish to boost their ego. I don't know who made you mad enough to create a new forum name so you could troll a community who has no idea who you are, but it would help if you point out what happened.

Then again if you wish to preach to the chior I'll give you the words of advice the gms will give when they get here. "If you don't like it, leave."
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Well.. you obviously have the ability. Give us some time.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The people in Illarion that I met are the worst I have ever seen in any other game.
I am sorry you had a bad experience in game but hope you realize you didn't meet ANY people ig, you met chars with their own background.....some good, some evil.. you might want to discuss more what happened however instead of making generalities (and there may be a few chars with no "good" in them, that doesn't mean we don't RP with them depending on our own char's background)
Llama

Post by Llama »

*whistles* Tanistian... here boy.... sic em!
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Anyone who makes a insulting post under an alias is going to earn very little respect to be honest.

What are the cool point totals guys?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I must say that I'm a bit disappointed about your opinion.
Yesterday I spent a lot of time to be at your side on Newbie Island and to answer your questions - I tried to make your entrance into Illarion as friendly and helpful as I could.
So tell me please, what do you expect - what could be made better in your opinion?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

i give up posting on general.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Retlak wrote:Anyone who makes a insulting post under an alias is going to earn very little respect to be honest.

I have ALL the cool points!

But on topic:

The Illarion community can seem very unfriendly, especially to outsiders on occasions. Everyone, including this dude, just needs to chill out and realise it's all just a bit of fun.
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

This post is for the people who I met that are using first impressions to make their final decision on first impressions and don't want to look for the good in people.

What happened was:
There were 2 people who turned to me and they asked me my name etc then all of a sudden they got really mad at me. I did do a few stupid things(nothing inappropriate).

Have you ever asked someone their goals in life? What type of a past they come from? People need this type of attention to make not only their lives better, but everyone's lives.
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

LifeWonder wrote:Well, unless you tell us what happened, not much we can do.
What? This message is not only for those 2 people I met, but everyone in the community.
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

Arien Edhel wrote:I must say that I'm a bit disappointed about your opinion.
Yesterday I spent a lot of time to be at your side on Newbie Island and to answer your questions - I tried to make your entrance into Illarion as friendly and helpful as I could.
So tell me please, what do you expect - what could be made better in your opinion?
What I think would make it a better community -
To have this message heard by everyone:
"Look hard enough and you will always find a light, and you can even help it grow, if you don't walk away from those three impressions first."
Also:
Ask people questions about their goals, and what type of a life they come from.
Not only those questions, but as many as you can think of, even "How are you today?".
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Use the edit function, please.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

I fear that you did not quite get the concept of what Roleplaying is supposed to be.
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

Retlak wrote:Anyone who makes a insulting post under an alias is going to earn very little respect to be honest.

This post is not to be made insulting, however informative.
Jupiter wrote:Use the edit function, please.
Sorry about that, I'll use the edit function from now on
Nalzaxx wrote:Are you in a cult or something?

Whats "Look hard enough and you will always find a light, and you can even help it grow, if you don't walk away from those three impressions first." about?

Are you infiltrating our evil organisation of satan worshipping roleplayers?
No i am not a part of a cult, and it is a true statement.
If you will, please read here.
http://www.rachelschallenge.com/LearnMo ... fault.aspx
Lillian wrote:You never even met most of us. You never gave us the chance to prove to you that we aren't "bad people" or "the worst community ever".

You never tried to "look hard and find the light" so why to you pray something you never did?

I think Christianity hit us here.
I didn't get a chance to.
This is not for everyone, but some people.
Last edited by HandsbyJewel on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Are you in a cult or something?

Whats "Look hard enough and you will always find a light, and you can even help it grow, if you don't walk away from those three impressions first." about?

Are you infiltrating our evil organisation of satan worshipping roleplayers?
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

Great to see that Illarion aparently can reach its own goal:

To bring people from all over the world together :-)
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

You never even met most of us. You never gave us the chance to prove to you that we aren't "bad people" or "the worst community ever".

You never tried to "look hard and find the light" so why to you pray something you never did?

I think Christianity hit us here.
Eyda

Post by Eyda »

It also looks like that you mix up behavior of the community and the behavior of the chars chars you met, according to their role, maybe.
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

Eyda wrote:It also looks like that you mix up behavior of the community and the behavior of the chars chars you met, according to their role, maybe.
This message is not for everyone.
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

HandsbyJewel wrote:This message is not only for those 2 people I met, but everyone in the community.
HandsbyJewel wrote: This message is not for everyone.
You should stick with one.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Could you kindly tell us what happened?

As far as I can tell some people got mad at your character? or yourself? there's an important difference.

This is a roleplaying game. My character can get angry at other characters, and its all to roleplay. If i start flaming the player, that's bad.

Otherwise its all legal.

What's the problem?

And speak in your own words, not in others'
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

It seems obvious you don't understand the game, your "helpful" links are for nonexistant people except in the imagination of the player. Illarion is NOT a second life game where you are personified by an avatar and meet someone else's avatar. A couple of helpful links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing

http://www.roleplay.org/articles/rpg-intro/
HandsbyJewel

Post by HandsbyJewel »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:It seems obvious you don't understand the game, your "helpful" links are for nonexistant people except in the imagination of the player. Illarion is NOT a second life game where you are personified by an avatar and meet someone else's avatar. A couple of helpful links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing

http://www.roleplay.org/articles/rpg-intro/
Then maybe I should ignore everyone from now on.

May someone lock this topic and delete it?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Ignoring everybody won't solve anything. Your character or you as a player just need to find some friends you fit in with. Threatening to ignore everybody is not going to make you well liked. why dont you try to make friends without preaching love but spreading hatred?
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Ugh, oh! Harok met him yesterday! He was running around aimlessly and did not say anything, when he then walked into the campfire. Harok said to him, that he should be careful with that campfire before he catches fire himself and starts to burn. He then walked into the campfire again, telling Harok that he likes to burn. Harok mentioned then, that he knew that strange guy was crazy. The Characters name was Alexander Sparter, just another curiosity - and strongly reminded me of that guy running around calling: "this is sparta!". Anyway, Harok decided that he does not want to deal with that mans madness and went off. As he then followed my Character threatened him, that he could end up bleeding in a scary wood.
Alas! The community here indeed is cruel, i belief. Oh wait! Someone mentioned it earlier. Alexander Sparter did not meet any member of the community in Game but Characters! There is a difference man. The player of a character <-> one of the characters he plays. I would suggest you to read about roleplaying first or...ask the community here if you still dare.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

this guy sounds, as if he is a member of the newfounded church of gobaith ...

... and, as if he is taking it serious...
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Harald Hradradr wrote:madness.

THIS. IS. SPARTER.