Wohooo it's [insert a month]

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jupiter
Developer

Wohooo it's [insert a month]

Post by Jupiter »

My idea is that in every month there is something special fitting to the God of the month. Pretty easy, eh?

My list with ideas:

Elos: It is easier to learn languages and to improve yur libraryskill.
Tanos: Fish, fish! You can catch it easier
Zhas: Robbers (i mean the human/goblin-robbers who steal your money) are easier to kill
Ushos: Trees are easier to plant, more fruits on trees, you find more herbs at one plant.
Siros: ?
Ronas: Robbers are harder to kill
Bras: Campfires burn longer, you can get more ashes from them, there are more and stronger fire elementals
Eldas: ?
Irmas: You can find more and better stuff in mines
Malas: More wolves in the forests
Findos: ?
Olos: Everyone can farm better. Maybe increase the maxium you can get from a seed up to 4
Adras: wine, cider etc. are easier to make, Borgate sells stuff cheaper (?)
Naras: Storms, wohooo!
Chos: Undeads are easier to kill, send them back where they came from!!!
Mas: Muhaha...a lot of cruel things can happen in the days of Mas
Llama

Re: Wohooo it's [insert a month]

Post by Llama »

Jupiter wrote: Elos: It is easier to learn languages and to improve yur libraryskill.
Tanos: Fish, fish! You can catch it easier And rain every day :P
Zhas: Robbers (i mean the human/goblin-robbers who steal your money) are easier to kill
Ushos: Trees are easier to plant, more fruits on trees, you find more herbs at one plant.
Siros: Less spawns? Spread the love
Bras: Campfires burn longer, you can get more ashes from them, there are more and stronger fire elementals and fire spells
Eldas: ?
Findos: Windy weather?
Olos: Everyone can farm better. Maybe increase the maxium you can get from a seed up to 4
Stuff I suggested is in bold.

I like it ;)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

I like it! :D
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I like the weather stuff, but the "improved X abilty" is a little TOO runescape and too little realistic if you ask me :?
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Daelyn wrote:I like the weather stuff, but the "improved X abilty" is a little TOO runescape and too little realistic if you ask me :?

I HEREBY BAN ALL NAMES USED IG BECAUSE THEY ARE USED SOMEWHERE ELSE OR IRL. <- Same logics.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alber G wrote:
Daelyn wrote:I like the weather stuff, but the "improved X abilty" is a little TOO runescape and too little realistic if you ask me :?

I HEREBY BAN ALL NAMES USED IG BECAUSE THEY ARE USED SOMEWHERE ELSE OR IRL. <- Same logics.
Actually he's using the argument

X is in runescape
Everything in runescape is bad
.: X is bad

Which is fallicious.

Either way...

I don't see what's bad about it. The gods give their blessing.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

For Siros, more hp for everyone! Everyone -loves- more health! Joy!

And yes, I am being serious.
Last edited by Vern Kron on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Vern Kron wrote:For Siros, more hp for everyone! Everyone -loves- more health! Joy!
xD Is that a serious proposal? I can't tell it^^
Llama

Post by Llama »

Vern Kron wrote:For Siros, more hp for everyone! Everyone -loves- more health! Joy!
and no chances to catch STDs!
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

There is only one Std and it comes from the Rothmans, luckily enough it can be cured with a dagger to the Face.

Anywy, nice Idea actually.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Pellandria wrote:There is only one Std and it comes from the Rothmans, luckily enough it can be cured with a dagger to the Face.

Then Pella definitely has it in her mouth. :wink:

Love the proposal, Merung dear.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Julius wrote:
Pellandria wrote:There is only one Std and it comes from the Rothmans, luckily enough it can be cured with a dagger to the Face.

Then Pella definitely has it in her mouth. :wink:
Oh shit. He went there.

Either way, that's possibly the best proposal I've heard in ages. You get 2 hug-tickets redeemable within the week to come, creator of this thread!
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Alber G wrote:

Actually he's using the argument

X is in runescape
Everything in runescape is bad
.: X is bad

Which is fallicious.

Either way...

I don't see what's bad about it. The gods give their blessing.
Please stop putting words in my mouth Hadrian. What im saying is that this would be unrealistic.. Whats next? If you're a good bard you can tame creatures? The reason why I don't like it is because it's kinda like.. making "events" for the sake of events. Variety is good, but only to a certain extent.. I prefer a slightly more steady atmosphere. I am not saying that everything in runescape is bad, I am saying that Runescape does not care about realism at all, and that they add strange stuff simply to catch the interest of newbs. The passing of the months would affect the game too greatly, and people would soon go like: Ill wait with training til MAS, I bet there'll be overspawn again then. It like.. trying to give the players an illusion of freedom, but what really happens is that you point out the real lack freedom by cathegorising everything... Its hard to explain what I mean, but I'm sure most understand if they're not simply trying to be captious.

Anyways, that just my opinion and 90% seem to disagree, so I supose there's only one thing that remains to be said:

They even won’t make tobacco... why would they do this? xD

And Vidar, do you REALLY want to take the Milamber discussion here? Thats a character from one of the most famous fantasy books written, and I dunno why no one else has complained about the name. YOU certainly knew who it was, and thats why you named your char that.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I don't like the idea that a char who has absolutely no relation to the "current" God of the month receives all the same advantages.

The Gods do not interact directly, they use the priests as their tools. Priests may get advantages in the specific months which they can pass on to their followers.

Therefore #no to any feature (related to the monthly Gods) that pushes all chars automatically.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

pharse wrote:I don't like the idea that a char who has absolutely no relation to the "current" God of the month receives all the same advantages.

The Gods do not interact directly, they use the priests as their tools. Priests may get advantages in the specific months which they can pass on to their followers.

Therefore #no to any feature (related to the monthly Gods) that pushes all chars automatically.
Yes, much better IMO.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

How about the char receives that "bonus" if he is born on that month?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Abc's idea is much better considering most of these things deal with the gods the month represent. An evil lich shouldn't get the benefits in the month of a good god.
Llama

Post by Llama »

abcfantasy wrote:How about the char receives that "bonus" if he is born on that month?
And a greater bonus if he's a priest of that god

And an even greater bonus if he's a priest born that day.

Sounds good.

We can keep the superficial (weather stuff) without any complaints though... I like them.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

pharse wrote:The Gods do not interact directly, they use the priests as their tools. Priests may get advantages in the specific months which they can pass on to their followers.
No, the elder gods do not care much for Illarion anymore. The younger gods does.

Edit: Who says that the gods did this every month? The created that it happens this way baaaaack in time. It happens automatically :P
pharse

Post by pharse »

Jupiter wrote:
pharse wrote:The Gods do not interact directly, they use the priests as their tools. Priests may get advantages in the specific months which they can pass on to their followers.
No, the elder gods do not care much for Illarion anymore. The younger gods does.
My statement is generally valid. Not specifically for the younger or elder gods.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

As the guy who writes the God's speeches: The elder gods care sometimes even more than the younger; it's more a matter of the duties that the elders have keeping them away from humanity, whereas the younger ones have time for petty squabbles, gambles, and flights of fancy. =)
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Right, Aegohl.

That is even written on the HP, the younger gods are more there for the daily war and stuff like this :P
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

abcfantasy wrote:How about the char receives that "bonus" if he is born on that month?
Yey:D This one I'd really like to see implemented, but I hope those of us who have not given our date of birth any thought will be able to change it... hehe
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Thanks Pella. ;)

*Ex-PO Lairia Rothman*

Besides, I really like Jupiter's idea. I think the change in one's abilities is perfectly fitting - gods in Illa exist and so a blessing of them is total realism.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

all these heretic unbelivers Chars. will have it difficult to explain these godly effects. This will be the constant proof of the gods! They are watching you!!

I like this idea!
Joxia Doral

Re: Wohooo it's [insert a month]

Post by Joxia Doral »

Jupiter wrote:My idea is that in every month there is something special fitting to the God of the month. Pretty easy, eh?

My list with ideas:

Elos: It is easier to learn languages and to improve yur libraryskill.
Tanos: Fish, fish! You can catch it easier MAYBE THE THE ONLY TIME TO CATCH A CERTAIN MAP?
Siros: EVERYBODY cyber
Bras: Campfires burn longer, you can get more ashes from them, there are more and stronger fire elementals
Eldas: ? YOGA LESSONS
Findos: DISTANCE WEAPONS WORK BETTER