What do you want?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aegohl

What do you want?

Post by Aegohl »

My current storyline is working towards the end of the current age, culminating with a near-Armageddon event that will leave the storyline open to new directions. I'm already pretty well aware of where this story is going, but I haven't even begun to write or think out what will happen when it's done. Given that this story will end in such a way as to leave many, many options open, and will even require that there be major changes in the direction of the story (given that a new age should *feel* like a new age), I want to know what you'd like to see in it.

Also, I know each and every one of you have at least one friend who doesn't play Illarion anymore for one reason or another. After you answer this thread kindly grab that friend or friends and ask them to answer this thread too (on the condition that they answer the question, and not get into other issues that might have chased them off, such as things that require programming or scripting, the community, rp standards, powergaming, or anything like that. Those topics will be viciously removed from this thread by Arien, and then he will turn you to stone.). Then grab another friend who doesn't play Illarion and tell them to play Illarion and answer this thread two to three weeks from now when they get a feel for the storyline.

Below are some of the questions I'd like to see answered. Feel free to go off-topic and answer questions I didn't ask, with the rule being that it is about storyline and quests and such in the future:

What are some elements you would like to see in the coming storyline?
What sort of villains interest you?
Who or what should be the major villain and/or villains of Illarion?
In the current storyline, I have introduced two villains. One villain is of a political/royal/human nature and the other is of a demonic/magical/empirically evil nature: which would you like to see more of?
In the current storyline I've also introduced many influences from the mainland, with the Gynks, Albars, Saelks and so on showing their presence on the island: do you want to see more of that?
What level of conflict interests you? Should the enemy be hiding in every corner or should there be seasons of peace? What is a good ratio of peace/conflict time for you?
How much action/violence do you like to see?
What can we improve in future storylines?

Thank you for any feedback you can give me.

Mitch
Last edited by Aegohl on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Before I answer the questions, may I ask if this near - apocalyptic event will destroy people's chars? :shock:
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Julius wrote:Before I answer the questions, may I ask if this near - apocalyptic event will destroy people's chars? :shock:
Only Rothmans. =)

No. Never.
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

1) War, new lands, new forces? Not really sure.
2) Not sure
3) Not sure.
4) political/royal/human nature
5) Yes for sure, I'd love to see rival powers from the mainland try to cut up Gobaith among themselves.
6) I like the constant feel of tensions between the rival parties.
7) If its fair, and well done, any is fine.
8) Like i said to 5, seeing a imperialistic attitude to from mainland powers in Gobaith would be interesting. But I'm happy with whatever you do, I think its awesome you've taken so much interest in it. See ya IG :wink:
Valgor Cralner

Post by Valgor Cralner »

1) occupation of the island by the different country's. Non hostile npcs in all the citys and hostile npcs in other areas.

2) Drows...

3)Im thinking the noble would be the more evil one cause i think hes lookin
to be all powerful .

4) Demonic.... hmm actually i think both cause it should be a huge struggle to which end gets to the goal first.

5) Yes i do i like the outside forces trying to force influences.

6) danger behind every corner forcing group rp.

7) now define action i think its best for alot of action but it doesnt mean we need blood either but dont rule it out of course.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

• What are some elements you would like to see in the coming storyline?

Personally, and excuse me for being blunt, I hate quests. In most cases the only thing they promote is elitism and exclusionary rp and/or the same group (usually led by a "quest whore") saving the day. Not to mention the fact that every quest that is isle wide never seems to actually influx a new ideal or something that we haven't seen. It's a dragon attacking the town instead of a drow? Amazing.

The only element I can see that won't be redundant is.. actually, I can't think of an idea. Perhaps it not involving another "OMG, like the isle is going to be destroyed!!!11!!!" kind of war? If not, perhaps you could take the war to a different point of the isle for those of us that actually wish to participate.
  • What sort of villains interest you?

Personally, I've never been a fan of a enemy or villain (or good char, mind them) that is one sided. The theory of a rped char that can only think one way is redundant in itself. A Knight char that is strictly "I'll smite you, I'm King Arthur" is one of the most overplayed themes in the game today. If anything, in any quest I'd like for it to be more.. hollowed out.

What I mean by that is.. how plausible and predictable is another Warlord from a distant land that worships the blood lord and does everything the wrong one? Forgive me for using my own char, but I consider Julius a villain. However.. he's attacked the town numerous times, done some bad things but at the same time he has a small sense of justice and compassion. How can this be done with a quest? Easy.

All in all, I'd like to see a flawed char with two feet and a firm background.
  • Who or what should be the major villain and/or villains of Illarion?

I'm not sure really. Basically, the dragons in town are very boring for a few reasons. They also promote exclusionary rp. I've noticed that the gms or who ever plays the dragons seem to single out a few certain chars (usually "quest whores") to speak through and make the town see what they're doing is wrong/retrieve some artifact. The other reason would be the fact that they can only speak a certain number of languages (human, elf, and ancient. Some just the lather of the three). The rp gets confusing at about that point and I tend to end up afking in the tavern.

Back to my main point above.. I don't care what race. Drows, orcs, and dragons are all predictable. Surprise us, man. Throw some nifty little gnomes at us with some weird new inventions.. a troupe of Goblins, halflings rebelling against human tallness. We have multiple npcs I've never saw used in any quests. Develop the stories of the Gnolls, trolls, or orges.
  • In the current storyline, I have introduced two villains. One villain is of a political/royal/human nature and the other is of a demonic/magical/empirically evil nature: which would you like to see more of?

Considering the second is in the redundant stage, I'd have to say the very first one. He seems to fit the pattern of the type of villain I'd like to see. However, I'm not sure how well he's rped yet. :wink:
  • In the current storyline I've also introduced many influences from the mainland, with the Gynks, Albars, Saelks and so on showing their presence on the island: do you want to see more of that?

What? You've introduced this? It's rather odd I've just found this out in a OOC post.

Yes. Please show me more of this. Actually show me though.
  • What level of conflict interests you? Should the enemy be hiding in every corner or should there be seasons of peace? What is a good ratio of peace/conflict time for you?

I'm all for the peace part and a massive battle. However, I'm really not into all the things leading up to these things. As I've said, the common quest whore always runs around town screaming "OMG DUDE, I just saved the friken town. Worship me plz." Conflict and peace times should be rather far in between. Surprise the community. "Yeah, 2 months peace." Then after a month move in for occupation.
  • How much action/violence do you like to see?

As little as possible if it's not rped. There are a few reasons I dislike violence that is massive and involves tons of ctrl clicking and #me mumbles a mystical formula. As a person that plays a highly skilled character and a character that has been present at many battles (quest and ig wars) I know first hand of how poor the actual rp is at these events. If I remember correctly, it usually goes like this.

CTRL
    ALT
    GHOST
    TB WINS

I'd rather see rp at these events .. and it's very hard to rp at a large event. So much talking on the screen, poor rpers that are new to the game, and many other factors come into effect. Not too mention the server lags massively. So.. at the very least massive violence events will probably never be good in Illarion and despite my character's position, I'll probably just not log on during these events when 100 people are online.

Secondly, the massive amounts of people getting ghosted is .. opposite of what the main point of a quest is. Is the quest not for the players to have fun? If that statement is true, massive lag, poor rp because of massive amounts of people, elitism, and overpowered npcs that res - killed the hell out of people results in loss of fun for all that are involved.
  • What can we improve in future storylines?

I've answered that question throughout my post.
Olive

Post by Olive »

i would like to see a few more 'backwards' quests

the ones that strat with an item which then leads to a event instead of an event which leads to an item

a bad exmaple to give a rough ilustration of what i mean

Player A goes into the crypt and finds a shield with somebody's name on it.
well player A shows the shield to player B, player be, having at least 2 useable braincells, as provded by not galavantign in the crypt all day, decides maybe that inscription on the shield means somethign and shows it to player C who beign a mage, can read it.

well player C figures out that the inscription is the name of a previous owner, for fun lets say its Eliza's great grandfather, well taking the shield and inscrption to eliza the players, those who are stil conscious and haven't passed out from al the walkign around and lack of control clicking, are given a task to putthe shield back in her grandfathers grave etc and so forth.

where the Item leads to the quest rather than the quest leading to som reward item. This way people who are interested can take past whiel those who are unwilling or unable aren't grabbed by the scruff of their neck and forced to go along 'ie pig plague'
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I don't even know what you guys are talking about. ;_;
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Aegohl I don't know you that well but I will certainly say that I am encouraged by your initiatives. So far I think you are doing a wonderful job and I the anticipation is definitely building.

My own personal thoughts of what should happen to the island revolves around the happenings that are going on in Troll's Bane. Ever since I have arrived at this game I have been hoping for that feudal feeling. Until now I have seen no such thing. I seriously think once we have parts of Gobaith sectioned off into fiefs some real conflict might arise. If not ... then conflict from the mainland is always an alternative.

Going off of that point I would really like to see quests that "bring" certain districts and boroughs together, same for cities (GB, SB, etc). I think it could help community building and give purpose for those people to be together. Take for instance In Oakwood Shire a group of forest fairies need help with an evil spirit haunting their homes. Or during Adras making a massive festival near the lake. Or in Greenbriar mysterious fish that when eaten make the fur on your toes grow (every halfling should be ig for that one ;) )

Then there are the big quests that bring everyone together... which I think you are doing a fine job nuff said.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

I think it would be great to provide fun for all parties involved. With that I mean a good chunk of RP, some riddle elements, maybe some fetch quests, some non PVM- but! RP-Events and also some PVM elements. You already created some tension that did not fully need your attention and created some great RP for some parties involved.

The villain should be no obvious villain. I always like the mystery that makes him likeable to some parties. Maybe a conflict of morals in this one? The obvious "I'm evil so I'll kill you kk" is none anyone wants to go with here I guess.

In the current storyline, I have introduced two villains. One villain is of a political/royal/human nature and the other is of a demonic/magical/empirically evil nature: which would you like to see more of?

Although I haven't encountered the demonic one, I quite like the baron and think that he's a great villain. His motivations may be contrary to certain morals and I think that albarian morals in general contradict to Gobaiths liberal world view quite well. I would like to see more of him causing conflicts on the island.

In the current storyline I've also introduced many influences from the mainland, with the Gynks, Albars, Saelks and so on showing their presence on the island: do you want to see more of that?

to be honest I always found it quite strange that so many people were interested in this shitty little island of Gobaith. But well, there really must be a motivation for them to settle here!? If it's somehow logical and not some really made up stuff, I would really like to see that. I already mentioned why above.

I think the key is to get the island factions to act. With or against each other. It's sad that it always seems to need an outer influence to get things moving, but when there are conflicts ingame, most people don't really react to them in a proper way. There may be a core of people involved, but mostly things don't go on a larger scale. Even now with the Trolls Bane/Cromwell misery, nobody seems to really care. Which is sad. We would need some outer conflicts to get things moving I suppose - and make it something, that affects everyone so nobody could be standing idly by.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

I love the idea of bringing quests to the game that have long lasting impact and are ongoing. I also like the concept of realistic human characters as the villains.

One thing I'd like to see is for a quest to have events running in several locations simultaneously. Too many people joining a quest in one spot leads to lags, crashes and difficulty in everyone being able to really take part. If a few pieces of the quest were happening in a few places, more players could take part in a more in-depth way.
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Well, i'd like to see a good balance between RP and also for those who rather try to play 'hero', so that every "group" will be satisfied with the result.
Up to now i think you already made a very fine job, some had their fun slaying enemies in Caelum and some had fun to RP because of certain happenings which brought a lot of tension. For the more bigger Armageddon-like thing, well..i'd like to see it somewhere outside where people can attend 'if' they like to.

The obvious villain isn't my thing either and makes everything just lame. I just love mystery and intrigues, so i'd rather see to have a snake in the grass.

I'd like to see both sides, for sure. Having some conflicts with the albarian Baron could be very interesting for whole Gobaith and maybe even funny when i just think about the albarian moral there. But i guess we all would miss something if there wouldn't be the demonic villain who's probably just interesting for those who doesn't like the political stuff. So, it's all about the balance. Knowing both sides Baron and evil nature i wouldn't know who i shall prefer now.

Yes. We all knew before that there isn't just Gobaith and for whatever reasons Gobaith becomes interesting for those Gynks, Albars ect. please send them to us. Probably good to unite the power of some cities or even bringing finally some conflicts between them. The cities of Gobaith i mean, like TB, SB ect. I guess that answers your last question as well. I finally want to see some interaction between our cities but we are somehow not able to do so, which is a pitty.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The Gods of Illarion...flesh out the story of each in actual ig RP and quests.

Feudal Kings/Drows/Demons/Dragons/Beholders/Angry Gods

Selfish Kings, Demons, Gods.

political intrigue and war... magic demons.....all equally sounds wonderful

I have been hoping for that feudal feeling. Until now I have seen no such thing. I seriously think once we have parts of Gobaith sectioned off into fiefs some real conflict might arise.
I think the key is to get the island factions to act. With or against each other
I finally want to see some interaction between our cities but we are somehow not able to do so, which is a pitty.
One town attempting to take over another town, Kings battling kings each with their own Knights. I'd like to walk from one city to the other and KNOW my char was in a different territory with different laws/knights to worry about. IMO it would be much more interesting to have conflict between the cities on Gobaith then with the mainland... if that can't be accomplished, the mainland would be next best.

What level of conflict interests you? Should the enemy be hiding in every corner or should there be seasons of peace?

I think it should be a surprise some one way, some the other.

What is a good ratio of peace/conflict time for you?

I would like to see more time with the conflict...taking a few weeks of heavy conflict then a small amount of peace, i.e. couple of weeks or more, to begin again.

I don't like my chars ghosted with skill loss but am fine if ghosted without the skill loss. In game, the planning and discussing of the conflict is just as interesting as the actual "violence" I think too much violence doesn't allow time to simply enjoy a little RP.

I would suggest the greater the storyline... major plots should take longer to accomplish i.e. two weeks or longer. Yet invariably there are some that don't want to get involved and some that do. Possibly a "safe haven" that seems to have "missed" most of the strife yet may still get a little surprise here and there in order for chars not to get too complacent.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Hrmm atm i make a break for several reasons, but i will answer anyway, you asked also for the opinion of people which left. Maybe i played to long but i personally dont like these ~big~ quests. I feel like it is every time the same.

Some soooo evil guy (most time demonic or necromancer) will make some sooo evil thing (destroy TB(hey what is bad on this btw?), kill a virgin, eat Fluffy the sheep or whatever) so our sooooo good heros must stop them - and truly they win - ever.

It is like a never ending action movie. Sure first i liked this movie but sooner our later it goes boring. I ask - why there is needed every time a ~big~ storyline, a danger which will destroy us all. To be serious the result of these many ~big~ quests my char saw is simply one - he doesn't fear any of these "big evil guys" - if there are demons, necromancer, dragons or barons from mainland - anyway in the end they will lose and in one year they are nothing but history.

Illarion - the game not the world - have so much conflicts without evil guys which fall from heaven. We have so much guilds and towns which are in conflicts - why we need ever and ever again a super-evil-guy coming from nowhere? I personally would it more like if these ~big~ "world-destroying" quests be more rarely. Use your time and creative power to make more small quests and mainly to support the IG existing conflicts between the guilds/towns would be in my opinion much better.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Needs a good balance - between RP and fight scenes. Also to see the Gods more involved would be interesting - and I don't think about Moshran :P
But i would really see Drows back IG

Most interesting are the mysterious, insane and/or neutral evil persons. Personally I don't need a uber villain/Necromancer/Demon.

I guess I answered this before

all in balance is nice - and far as I can see you doing a wonderful job atm

Oh yes - of course

What level of conflict interests you? Should the enemy be hiding in every corner or should there be seasons of peace? What is a good ratio of peace/conflict time for you?

I dislike the *treehugging* mentality between the races and towns.
So more conflicts there would be increase some good thrill RP

again - all about balance between action and RP

Involve much players, try to suprise *old*Players like Djironnyma :wink:
pharse

Post by pharse »

LifeWonder wrote:I don't even know what you guys are talking about. ;_;
And we have no friends who tell us what's going on :(
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Tobacco.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

pharse wrote:
LifeWonder wrote:I don't even know what you guys are talking about. ;_;
And we have no friends who tell us what's going on :(
*Shuffles near pharse in a dark corner and watches the big boys play alone and leave us out of it. T_____T*
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

What do you want?
Not get spoiled OOC about quests etc. ;).

A storyline which is not obvious, which starts with smaller/independent/hidden happenings, which fit together in the big end.

No "I AM TEH ULTIMATE EVIL".

I doubt that the big continent needs one central villain.

A more "mortal" villain is always better or the supernatural opponents should be more hidden.

It's a good way to push the players' knowledge about the mainland, but the mainland's interesst for Gobaith should not be too high (it's just a small island, so it's not very common that every second magical uber-artefact is found here ;)).

Hard to say. I don't think Gobaith should always be in state of war and there should be indeed more or less safe places (for Newbies etc.). But a hard separation between e.g. three RL weeks of danger and war during quest X and then peace again is not so good.
As I stated above: Small events, hidden presence of evil would be nice, but that is hard to plan and realize,

Skirmishes for the fighters, other ways for the non-fighters. But if there are obviously dangerous situations, don't hesitate to cloud/punish characters who do not react/behave proberly!

No simple invasions of some villain of the week anymore.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I would love to see a good old fashioned siege war. Nothing like a good war.

And maybe some seasons of relative peace, like snowwy seasons where its tough to have war.

I like a good war.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Personally I would be interested in seeing less linear quests in game. Ssssooo many times will gms come up with a quest and give it a set end or will push the people to follow a certain direction. I'd rather have a set end with many ways to accomplish it, than to practically be told what I am supposed to do to cause the end.

I'd also perfer to see less demonic crazed quests. Politics are sometimes all you need to create an interesting situation. Even then the politics don't have to be war based. A town can be taken over from the inside by making friends and removing enemies (be it by assassination, blackmail, or threading lies).

Smaller quests would also be nice over world quests. With world quests it quite often gets chaotic since everyone and their mom is trying to either trying to solve the quest, or people who don't want to be part of the quest are dragged in anyway due to their character role ig.

I don't know what happened with the little ghost girl quest, but just the thought of there being this ghost girl running around the workshop whispering in people's ear or what ever was interesting. It wasn't even the fact that it was part of a quest that I like, it was the fact that it was random, interesting. It added to the rp and people reacted on it.

I want to see quests or small events (balls, masqurades, flea markets, auctions) that make people react or cause reactions ig. It doesn't have to wars or mass destruction of a town (ie Bane as always). A quest doesn't always need to cause conflict within the game, and anyone who says there is no conflict ig is dead wrong. There are always plenty of conflict in game caused just by politics or individual conflicts. Just because the conflict doesn't involve your character does not mean it isn't there. Some of the best conflicts are the ones that don't involve violence but require you to think, rp, and enjoy.
Vern Kron

Re: What do you want?

Post by Vern Kron »

I have seen some interesting things. I want things to return to normal -in time-, but I want the characters involved have to do something before it happens. Such as pushing the visitors back to where they came, but damage to the area.

I like a balance of the villians. One is more discrete, while the other is smash smash, and then something else that rarely appears but when it does, you -know- it does.

Remember the guy in the background who the Elder Gods are keeping Illarion from? Yeah. Him.

I have seen the human. I have yet to see the demon. Perhaps more demon, and then equality between the two.

I like the idea of mainland influences slowly gathering on the island. Some of them are at war. Having them war with each other would be entertaining, even if its on our humble island. More so, everyone has their personal favorite civilization. I think some of them would like to be able to 'report' to this place and as this happens, draw more attention to Gobiath. It is doubtful that they would care, but should something dynamic happen they -may- jump in.

I remember when we had zombie attacks almost every day, for a week straight due to.. things. It was annoying. People hated it. Newbies left the game. A -constant- conflict is just uncomfortable like that. More so, people do have obligations that they must attend to, and may miss a critcal momment. I think that battle rp should happen occasionally, but it should be somewhat 'planned'. Some people may not want to leave the town but don't want to be in a plot. Personally I feel they should tough it out, but if they don't want to be involved they can't really be forced and that should be respected.

I like action.. violence can get to be just really tiring though. If every time you log in and see an attack, a fight, and you are a peaceful person, or a peaceful character, it becomes tough for you/your char to react correctly.

I feel that the job is being done very well. Some interesting things I have noticed is that some people resent the fact that quests slowly become closed around a certain group. Sometimes quests should be more 'open'. Sometimes the exclusion is neccasary. German gm's won't want 10-20 some english players running around spamming them with emotes and trying to figure out what is going on and talk and attacks, so they choose to move the people away. A balance there is key.

More so, I like the thought of 'small' things leading up, or giving clues to 'big things'. Maybe a rumor spreads of some sort of conflict.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Aegohl wrote:My current storyline is working towards the end of the current age, culminating with a near-Armageddon event that will leave the storyline open to new directions. I'm already pretty well aware of where this story is going, but I haven't even begun to write or think out what will happen when it's done. Given that this story will end in such a way as to leave many, many options open, and will even require that there be major changes in the direction of the story (given that a new age should *feel* like a new age), I want to know what you'd like to see in it.

Unfortunately, I’ve not been IG often enough to get a good feel of the current quests going on. However, I think I would like to see the new age go towards the direction that Trollsbane is going politically right now. Several baronies with strong leaders would be great, and could promote growth for the town. Since you would like to involve some mainland cultures in this, I think it would be great if different baronies could be influenced by different cultures from the mainland. (Things like china town, little italy, etc would be in big cities in the US)

I really like villains that are more human. An ambitious lord who lusts for power, a king who does not pay attention to his subjects. This is much more fun than a demon who loves to slaughter for no reason other than “I’m evil!”.

I’d like to see more of the human villain, he’d be much more fun than a pure evil one.

Absolutely, see above about what I think about them

I think that what would be fun should be a cold war-esque type thing. There’s always the danger and threat looming over, but for the most part, there is peace. There are small conflicts scattered throughout, but they are not too life changing. Additionally, there will be the rare (but present) big conflicts.

I don’t really mind if there is a lot of it, but I think there should be violence only in those rare big conflicts. The smaller conflicts should be things more like “a group of thieves raid the home of a lord”, “a group of peasants/commoners riot when there is a shortage of food”.

I like riddle things, but they should be well thought out, and with a solution that can be found without the GM being present. I don’t really enjoy big bad demons trying to conquer.

Now this is the answers ex-Illarionite Lori (PO Emily Xahep) gave me:

oh gosh…I have no idea what’s even going on to answer that

My favorite villains would have to have been Dravish and the executioner. I want a villain that really scares people – one that doesn’t just come into town, kill a bunch of people and then leaves. Another element I think is important for the villain is for it to know about the people it’s up against. Nothing scares someone more than to be confronted with someone or something that knows everything about them. Obviously I don’t expect them to be telepathic, but a villain who brings himself close enough to the people to know what gets under their skin is obviously a good villain, and a sneaky one.

I would say an undead of some sort. The inability to kill them would probably scare everyone to death.

I think it depends on the extent of the evil from the political/royal/human nature one. If the evil is basically just behind the scenes, government conspiracy type of evil I think it is good, but it will be less likely to catch someone’s attention. I think people would be more terrified of something demonic.

Not really. I think I’d prefer to see less of it. I think that the more background we add to the island, the less individual people’s storylines become, and then next thing you know everyone’s from albar or gynk, and I just want to throw a tire at their head. I prefer hearing about everyone’s individual ideas.

I think that the idea of fighting all the time is ridiculous. The only reason that even feels needed is because the villains have become dull and people aren’t scared of them anymore. If a more bone chilling, know all, type of villain would appear than there could be a big long time of fear or some sort of confrontation followed by a time of peace which people would enjoy after all the commotion.

Action and violence is much more boring than the anticipation of it. Threats and fear inciting moments would stir people up more in the roleplaying element of it all, making people want to go out and discuss things with those they know rather than off to power game so they can be a hero. I’m not saying people wont still power game, but they’ll also be considering the fact of communicating more with those who are close to them and staying by them to keep them safe.

not really sure, I guess it depends on the story line. Maybe it would be good to post notes around town to rile people up before they really know what’s going on. Man…I miss illa :P

Now, this is from PO Aeridor (unsure of why he wanted me to post this for him <.< I think he still plays, but oh well *monopolizes*)

Hmm.. I'd like more public triald, perhaps some executions.. Id like some GM controlled wats, perhaps some outside threat threatening Gobaith

I find evil mages itneresting, but preferably someone who thinks out evil schemes, not one who just goes: KEL RA QWAN

The temple, with some GM help and maybe controll... Ava's the current leader but I think itll change soon as Avas looking for a new leader
Action/violence: Some, both large battles and smaller groups fighting

Both.. Hardly heard of the human, and the other one.. well.. NEVER heard of

Yes, more foreign people plz xD

Err tough one.. It would be nice with some peaceful periods every now and then, but always kind of like a "Cold war" going on

Action/violence: Some, both large battles and smaller groups fighting

Dunno
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Err.. well id at least want you to clear my typos Azuros!:P

Anyways, for the last question... Id like some more riddle kind of quests, or "psychological" ones. I have a few ideas that I might propose for some GM, when I've given it some more thought. Kinda like.. "Mystery Novel inspired"
Ssar'ney

Post by Ssar'ney »

A bit too late, but i took the effort to translate all that for myself.
Here the answers from me:

First of all, i don´t rally take part at the "big" quests, due they are limited for those with good english skills.
My char has not heared anything resulting out of the actual storyline. Even as the player I just briefly know what it is about.

Something where the players need to use their brain, not yellow skills.
Like the Chinese remainder theorem (for mages) or easier things (maybe something like the little competition between Bilbo and Gollum in the little hobbit or "Speak friend and step in.") that are found lots of in singleplayergames and fantasybooks.

Those who are not really villians, not Disney-like pure evils, more like the ones that one would be able to meet in real live. Pirates for example, or treasurehunters, nobles or whatever, that step over corpses to get what they want. Or maybe just someone seeking revenge.

Something ordinary, but creative. Here i would prefer a group of persons who are sent to get something from somewhere (maybe to steal something out of a temple, hidden somwhere on gobaith). Theese can be everything, but please no undead, deamons or drows. Humans would be best.

I have seen neither the first or the last, i would prefer the political/royal/human nature. Drows ec. seeking to destroy the world is a bit too "epic" in my opinion.

As long it is in german, too, yes. In the other cases it excludes quite some players and characters that would be concerned.

If there really would be a conflict it should be made so, that everyone really notices it. There were so many quests where "the world was safed" and no one, exept a hand full of players did really know.
As an example you coud make the troops of someone besiege Bane. Seasons of peace would make one think that it is no real danger. Something that goes away anyway.

Just some. Not so much that it would make it impossible for a bard or priest to survive without being guarded when taking part at the storyline.

To see more german or maybe even german-and-english-in-one ones ingame is what would make me (and those who´s english is even worse than mine) paticipate in some.
If there really would be a great change it should be possible for all players to react and interact to/with that