sticks.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Maeglin Telemmaite

sticks.

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

My Idea is that we have these spear-stick things for cooking.Like you take a bough and a set of carpenters tools and you can make a sharpened stick and you can use the stick to like cook fish and ham and stuff over an open fire.Its more for the people who arnt realy near the smoking oven and want a different thing to do.It would beniffet carpentary and cooking as well.I think you shouldnt be able to make these untill you get one swirley at least ,in carpentery.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

The first reasonable thing I've heard from you (no offence), ROFL.. I agree.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Thanks.no offence taken.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Agreed 300%
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

heres what i was thinking to build on this. how about if you dont need a work bench for this? IRL you dont need to be at a bench or anything to put a point on a stick, and if your somewhere far away from an oven, then your probably not so close to a workbench...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Well, if there are graphics for it, its most certainly doable...

Would be good for 'survival' food (stuff which doesn't need plates)
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

yeah, and ive always wanted to rp a guy who just never goes in town... you know, a guy who just tries to survive on what he has, but you almost always need something from town like a work bench
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

bdgdkay wrote:yeah, and ive always wanted to rp a guy who just never goes in town... you know, a guy who just tries to survive on what he has, but you almost always need something from town like a work bench
Maeglin Telemmaite

Well thats true but you would only need to use like the tools themselves and you could use them anywhere.kindof like a chissel
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Alber G wrote:The first reasonable thing I've heard from you (no offence), ROFL.. I agree.
Signed, on both counts. :o
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

agreed. however i bet you a cookie it doesn't get done on some account of "more important things to do first" or "no graphics" or finally (personal favorite) "doesn't really contribute to rp." (which may not be the case here but meh.). don't get your hopes up. even if it is accepted we won't see it for 8 months...
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:agreed. however i bet you a cookie it doesn't get done on some account of "more important things to do first" or "no graphics" or finally (personal favorite) "doesn't really contribute to rp." (which may not be the case here but meh.). don't get your hopes up. even if it is accepted we won't see it for 8 months...
Or the even more likely, we already have a way to cook these foods and it is quite possible we have static tools for a reason. Not to mention, if you play a character that never goes in towns, they likely stay in the graveyard, or they would never RP. We really don't have a player base for loners to work well.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:agreed. however i bet you a cookie it doesn't get done on some account of "more important things to do first" or "no graphics" or finally (personal favorite) "doesn't really contribute to rp." (which may not be the case here but meh.). don't get your hopes up. even if it is accepted we won't see it for 8 months...
Well, there's always a problem of it not contributing to RP, moreoever we have no graphics, and I have more important things to do like scratching my nose.
Kundra

Post by Kundra »

Ah, but it would be better to scratch your nose with the stick, would it not?
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

How would it not contribute to RP realistically you would be able to do that not just making them at the oven?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aldan Vian wrote:How would it not contribute to RP realistically you would be able to do that not just making them at the oven?
The idea behind static tools was this -

If I could cook food in the wilderness, I would have no reason to return to town, and meet with people.

This way, if I want to say, craft something out of wood, I need to go to the workshop, where I can meet with people and roleplay.

Also it gives another thing that towns and guilds can buy.

Now personally, I think that if you're only given SOME simple food that can be made in this manner, there's no harm done, and I support this. However its not me who has to decide.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

limbs and boughs already exist, one of these could work for whats being asked.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

think about it this way... where do you rp more.. around the smoking oven in the tavern or workshop, or at the campfire in the middle of town?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Non of those?

No offense but this idea has no value. Just another "We need graphics," that wastes time proposals.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Just use the graphic of a stick or bough.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*Cue: Tobacco Reference*

*waits for Nitters to pass judgement*
Maeglin Telemmaite

okay so have it so you can cook fish over it and it slightly boost your cooking.Less than a cooking oven and smoking oven but all the same.You use a bough or branch and take it in your hands go next to the fire click use and wella you have roasted fish instead of cooked.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

i guess we're not getting tobacco then.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Failed, Wolf. :P

They even wont make tobacco, I don't think they'll make this.
Maeglin Telemmaite

OMG itll take them a whole 5 minutes of scripting so =p
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

It will take more than just five minutes. My suggestion on this idea:

Use boughs, branches are more uncommon and many lumberjacks have quite a few boughs just sitting there. Maybe it should be moved to the ratio of coal to iron to make an ingot?
Maeglin Telemmaite

well like I said we can use bughs and just have it so u have coal and like ,an uncut stone for example in your hand, and the bough and coal are in your belt with the stone in your hands.Click use with on the stone and bough and vwella you get a "spit"(cant think of a good word to call it,spike and stuff seems to genaric.)