RP Regeln ? / RP Lwas?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Isabell

RP Regeln ? / RP Lwas?

Post by Isabell »

Hallo zusammen,

also ich möchte hier an dieser stelle mal etwas zum nachdenken mitteilen

Ich war nun in Greenbriar als die Nachricht kam das ein schiff dort an kommt, als die anwesenden in Green die Invasoren abgewehrt haben tauchten auf einmal lauter englisch sprachige Spieler auf.

Ich finde es an dieser stelle nicht mehr richtig wenn alle die sonst wo sind auf der Insel ein Schiff sehen können das Greenbriar ansteuert und dann hinrennen mit der Hoffnung da gibt es was zum kämpfen.

Also wenn ich in Troll's Bane bin kann ich nicht das Schiff sehen so mal zum beispiel.. Ich finde hier wird das RP ganz schön missachtet, bloß weil der GM der das macht die Nachricht verschickt über den Client.

Ich weiß das jeder diese Nachrichten bekommt und sie lesen kann, aber ich finde es nicht Fair das alles das kämpfen kann dann sofort dort hin eilen egal wo sie gerade sind.

Mich stört das verhalten hier ganz gewaltig, dann stört es mich erst recht wenn diese "kämpfer" kommen und nichts weiter sagen oder aggieren obwohl wir dennoch in englisch so weit es ging geredet haben. Und dann einfach so verschwinden mit der aussage, wir müssen hier und dort bescheid geben..

Woher wussten den die Char's das so was passiert in Green?
Wer hat sie geschickt?
Warum aggiert keiner richtig mit?

Überdenkt Euer RP verhalten.. das gilt an dieser stelle an Alle Kampfgeilen Char Spieler die nur abstauben wollen.. aber auch an die Englische Fraktion.. die leider bei so was sehr negativ auffallen weil sie vor allem die ersten sind die bei so was eintreffen.

ich bitte um übersetzung auf englisch
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Post by Hamlet of Greenbriar »

Da kann ich nur zustimmen. Das wir in Greenbriar das Schiff so gut erkennen ist schon sehr schwer und aus Trolls Bane unmöglich.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats right! That we can see the ship from Greenbriar is very difficult but that the Peoples from Trolls Bane can see the ship is impossible.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Das passiert leider immer wieder, sobald ein Quest irgendwo ist stürmen alle hin.
Saril

Post by Saril »

Isabell wrote:... bloß weil der GM der das macht die Nachricht verschickt über den Client...
Das ist manchmal nicht anders möglich. Solche Nachrichten gehen immer über den Client. Außer der GM ist gerade zufällig zu geben und kann ein einfaches #me setzen.

Allgemein hast du eindeutig recht. Es ist nicht gerade gutes RP das Leute in eine Stadt/Gilde/Richtung stürmen die sie normal nicht einsehen können. Leider wird man das immer haben.
Isabell

Post by Isabell »

Ich weiß ja das die GM's das über den Client schicken müssen das ist auch nicht das prob, so bekommen es auch alle mit.

Mir geht es vor allem darum das die Leute dann hinstürmen obwohl sie noch nicht mal ansatzweiße in der Nähe sind :-( das stört mich
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

Just a quick summary:

The topic is about people spawning in the locations where a quest is announced via global message. The OP complained about the lack of RP, for those people wouldn't originally know if there was something going on or not, for they were not at said location in the first place.

Especially the english speaking players seem to be the first one to spawn there and lack the ability to act properly in those situations.

~~~

Not my opinion. Whatever.

I am always happy to take part in a quest and I do not really see the problem, for people just want to participate. What's the matter with that? They appear, yes - but most of the people are able to react properly and you only attack the english speaking players, for you may not be able to understand them!? Also nobody cared to translate the OP yet.

Bad RP?
Or just the interest of the players in quests. In ROLEPLAYING!!!

Calm down. The more the merrier.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

The more the merrier.
Right.
But they should have a good ig explanation why the know about the event.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

WickedEwok wrote:Just a quick summary:

The topic is about people spawning in the locations where a quest is announced via global message. The OP complained about the lack of RP, for those people wouldn't originally know if there was something going on or not, for they were not at said location in the first place.

Especially the english speaking players seem to be the first one to spawn there and lack the ability to act properly in those situations.

~~~

Not my opinion. Whatever.

I am always happy to take part in a quest and I do not really see the problem, for people just want to participate. What's the matter with that? They appear, yes - but most of the people are able to react properly and you only attack the english speaking players, for you may not be able to understand them!? Also nobody cared to translate the OP yet.

Bad RP?
Or just the interest of the players in quests. In ROLEPLAYING!!!

Calm down. The more the merrier.
I think it would be ironic to complain that they showed up due to global message, because I tried to communicate via a local message and was ignored. =)

(Well, admitted, some of those who were there were already exhibiting signs of confusion due to language barrier, so not all were ignoring me outright, and I can accept that. I also feel like those who did ignore the messages didn't do so out of any sort of cruelty. Rather, I think that lately the questing environment has been stagnant and the players aren't used to be communicated to in this way.)

That's the only reason I opted for a global message.

The only regret I have is that there were a couple people who didn't know enough English to participate or were confused. For that I can only say that I'm only human and can only work within my limited understanding of your language. =(

I disagree with Arien's post and it shouldn't be taken as the point of view of my part of the staff (the questers). We are humble entertainers and we get off on entertaining people and people who show up mid-quest because of global messages are people, really. =)
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

Arien Edhel wrote:
The more the merrier.
Right.
But they should have a good ig explanation why the know about the event.
It's a small Isle and rumours spread fast.
And I am glad that Aegohl thinks this way.

When it comes to Quests, I think the Questers want the people to participate - when they announce it via global. I they don't, then they won't. Amirite?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I think the main problem is the "Omg a quest lets rush!" mentality of some Ilalrion players and I personally try tostay out of quests exactly because of that ideology, if I play a quest, or get dragged in, I like to play in a smaller group.

Now people might ask why, its easy, because the more peopleyou get, the more complicate it gets, you need to read more stuff, not to mention all things thatcan destroy the mood, simply because people don't take it "serious".

I understand the gm viewpoint as they want to entertain as many people as possible, but(!) there is also a failure there, the more people you want to "please" the harder it actually gets, rp simply sinks down to zero the more people are there, not to mention the bloodlust crtl player, who just drag every quest down.

Call me elitist for this opinion, but I prefer a smaller "group" to start a quest and ~those~ people bring in more people instead of just accepting quest and reward crazy player.
Nerwin Weidenwind

Post by Nerwin Weidenwind »

Aegohl wrote:I think it would be ironic to complain that they showed up due to global message, because I tried to communicate via a local message and was ignored. =)

(Well, admitted, some of those who were there were already exhibiting signs of confusion due to language barrier, so not all were ignoring me outright, and I can accept that. I also feel like those who did ignore the messages didn't do so out of any sort of cruelty. Rather, I think that lately the questing environment has been stagnant and the players aren't used to be communicated to in this way.)

That's the only reason I opted for a global message.

The only regret I have is that there were a couple people who didn't know enough English to participate or were confused. For that I can only say that I'm only human and can only work within my limited understanding of your language. =(

I disagree with Arien's post and it shouldn't be taken as the point of view of my part of the staff (the questers). We are humble entertainers and we get off on entertaining people and people who show up mid-quest because of global messages are people, really. =)

Thats wrong, we don't ignore the messages
When I read the first message from the ship we were on the market place in Greenbriar. So the most of the chars can't see any ship!
Then you said something with Todd Baggins.
But on my question to Todd I get no answer.

Then some of the people see the ship an we go all to the coast. Ok then came the Lizard Fighter and when the fight ends the people from Bane came. They know all and after some time and no new attackt they leave Greenbriar....

So and the people they was in Greenbriar since your first post had make rp and send then also some doves. talk about the ship and so on.

So I can say Thank you very much Aegohl.

Ah und I don't see the language problem.
Ther was enough people to translate the english stuff and we wrote also something in english. Only ONE person aggrieved that she can only german.

And Aegohl its no problem that you can only english, I can say you that we spoke the hole evening from the ship ;)

Thanks again
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The last ship quest I heard about, (not this one) involved a global message saying that sailors have passed through mentioning a ghost ship, as they went through town from the harbour. This provided lots of information in a way that everyone would agree with. Certainly, some situations would not call for -that- particular method. Perhaps there could have been some (race) that sees it, and sends out a warning, or a large fire to draw attention. Smoke signals. Heck, maybe Gobiath should set up a magical radar of danger, should we need an excuse.

Also, some people may be able to see the area from Troll's Bane, if they know where to look from. Sure, they might all go rushing, or they may force their character to go up to the spot, look, see it, -then- go. But either way.. it doesn't make much of a difference. If people want to participate, let them. If they don't then they can just slide off.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

A MASSIVE "R" in the sky when there is danger!
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

In which dimension are local messages possibel? Is Gobaith divided into some "sectors"?
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

There are a few ways to provide local messages. I usually just try to make things easy and stand invisible and say "*The people here at x see/hear/smell y*"
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Pellandria wrote:I think the main problem is the "Omg a quest lets rush!" mentality of some Ilalrion players and I personally try tostay out of quests exactly because of that ideology, if I play a quest, or get dragged in, I like to play in a smaller group.

Now people might ask why, its easy, because the more peopleyou get, the more complicate it gets, you need to read more stuff, not to mention all things thatcan destroy the mood, simply because people don't take it "serious".

I understand the gm viewpoint as they want to entertain as many people as possible, but(!) there is also a failure there, the more people you want to "please" the harder it actually gets, rp simply sinks down to zero the more people are there, not to mention the bloodlust crtl player, who just drag every quest down.

Call me elitist for this opinion, but I prefer a smaller "group" to start a quest and ~those~ people bring in more people instead of just accepting quest and reward crazy player.
I agree with you fully. Smaller groups are more fun for quests. The issue why this hasn't been happening is the lack of questers, I suppose. The questers don't always have the time to do quests, so when they do, they try to let as many people as possible participate.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

If my char is far North and I see a global message about Trolls Bane, it is ignored unless I had planned to go to TB anyway. I would like to go, but have no RP reason. If I saw a global message that all gobaith may be able to "see the flames" or somethings similar, that is my RP reason to go. As far as quests... I have been in small four person or less and very large ones such as the plague. I loved them all and can't say which I preferred. The large interesting due to the story line and being able to relax and watch without so much RP. The small interesting due to the nice RP and being more directly involved. Any and all quests IMO are great! :D

(whoever did the first quest I was on where achae and three others got sucked into hellbriar with the demon there........thank you!!! I still remember that one fondly)