Minor Proposal: Stackables

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliana D'cheyne

Minor Proposal: Stackables

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

If you pick apples, they stack and if on the top area of your belt they will stack the next time you pick also. Is there any way this can be done for copper also?
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

This would be nice...
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

This is a good idea for stackable smithing items as well.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Stacking pretty much anything in my eyes...
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Alber G wrote:Stacking pretty much anything in my eyes...
It is just not possible to stack item of different quality e.g.
And quality matters with many produced goods.
Stacked items technically are not multiple items any longer, but one item with a number assigned.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

also some things should only be able to be stacked to a max of like...20 or something like that depending on what it is. 3-4 blades in a bundle (sword/dagger/axe) same for most weapons and shields. helmets 2-3 (put inside each other) armor no, boots no. bread rolls 18 -24 per "bag" loaves shouldn't be more then 6 per stack. pie 4 per stack. cabbage 12 ish (being generous there. think about size) onion/apples 3 or 4 dozen. this would be because of the size of the item, how easily they grouped together, bagged up ext. i also think things should take "space" this is seen on some games where you have so many "squares" of usable space and every item takes up so many depending on size. a shield would be 4 in cube shape. a helmet would be 1, sword 3 and something like a staff would be 4 long. that's my two cents.

edit: was writing same time as above and did not yet see this fact. to lazy to change.
Juliana D'cheyne

It is just not possible to stack item of different quality e.g.
And quality matters with many produced goods.
Stacked items technically are not multiple items any longer, but one item with a number assigned
So it is possible to script to stack copper when using the pick-up, at least to the limit of stackable copper 250?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I have also noticed when stacking coins in the belt, if you have 246 coppers for example and you try to pick up 5, it won't let you because it isn't equal to 250. In the bag, you are able to pick up a uneven amount and it will the reminder will be placed in a new stack. Why can't this be done with copper stacks in the bag? :(
Vilarion
Developer

Re: Minor Proposal: Stackables

Post by Vilarion »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:If you pick apples, they stack and if on the top area of your belt they will stack the next time you pick also. Is there any way this can be done for copper also?
Can you please elaborate what you mean here? A more detailed description would be nice, I don't really get what you want, sorry :(
Also you should wrap that into a mantis issue and maybe post a link here. I tend to forget things written on the forum, but browse through mantis occasionally. It might be a server bug.
also some things should only be able to be stacked to a max of like...20 or something like that depending on what it is. 3-4 blades in a bundle
This does not make sense. As I already said: Items with a quality cannot be stackable anyway. For items where quality is not important, stacking is just there to comfort you! If we wanted to be very realistic here, we would not let you carry armor or 100 bricks in a bag anyway, or at your belt. But believe me, that would be ever so annoying.
I have also noticed when stacking coins in the belt, if you have 246 coppers for example and you try to pick up 5, it won't let you because it isn't equal to 250. In the bag, you are able to pick up a uneven amount and it will the reminder will be placed in a new stack. Why can't this be done with copper stacks in the bag?
I wonder if that is what Juliana meant, but I am not sure. At any rate this is a server issue, please write it down in mantis and I will get to it when I find the time :)
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I think what she means, is that coppers should automatically stack when you use the "pick up" command, like other items without quality do (we do realise it cant be done with "quality items" ;) ) That coins dont stack automatically might seem like a small problem, and I suppose it is:P It would save a lot of unnecessary clicking when you are fighting monsters who drop coppers though, cause atm you have to rearrange your coin all the time... If this can easily be done, I think it would be nice cause it would certainly make everything much smoother.
Juliana D'cheyne

coppers should automatically stack when you use the "pick up" command, like other items without quality do
Yes, thank you :)

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=123