Virtual carnal desires - discussion in here

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

The Returner wrote:Then look into the others. Or even try semi-graphical or text based MUDs where you can be assured a good roleplaying experience.
Dude.. are you even playing the game anymore? Im just wondering why your investing so much in this particular topic.

I hope people dont leave specifically over the cyber thing. That would be sad.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Yes I still am playing. Its the only mmo I can get to work under YDL. Besides muds of course.

As for this topic. Its bothered me for sometime now and I'm glad it will be addressed either one way or the other.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

What is the world coming to... I can't use magic in RL while I am having sex. I really depended on Illa to fulfill that basic carnal desire. Nothing like a little undead summoning during the climatic end of my summer sonnet.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

seems, that the reasons, why the newbee island had to be created are forgotten allready.
it had to be created, because of immature, illiterate teenies entering the game without reading the rules and trying to cloud everybody they encounterd.
noobia was made to filter them out, so that only the more mature ones would actually come to our world.

now, a couple of weeks later the game shall be adapted to immature players?

sorry, but i think, that is contradictory.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Korm Kormsen wrote:now, a couple of weeks later the game shall be adapted to immature players?

When I started playing this game I was 15. If it had adult content, I would have been unable to play (legally). I don't think I'm immature... don't know what you think.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Korm Kormsen wrote:now, a couple of weeks later the game shall be adapted to immature players?

When I started playing this game I was 15. If it had adult content, I would have been unable to play (legally). I don't think I'm immature... don't know what you think.
Stop to think what you are saying for a moment. When you started playing, the game did in fact have mature content. Where was the problem now?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I'm slowly asking myself is Returner is simply angry that noone wants to play such kind of rp with him...and thus has some self confidence problems.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

What a daft thing to say.
It is totally logical that sex can be implied in this game. If you dont like it, then forfill your bizarre sexual rp desires elsewhere.
Then everybody is happy.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

Pellandria wrote:I'm slowly asking myself is Returner is simply angry that noone wants to play such kind of rp with him...and thus has some self confidence problems.
This time of the year again?
There seems to be a lot of emotion involved in this topic.

Maybe everyone should take a chill pill, relax and cyber a little to calm down? .)
This does not seem to lead anywhere... right now.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I endorse Wicked's proposal, in fact I'd say you just stop discussing now.
All opinions were posted and there is nothing left to say besides compliments like Pellandria's.
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

some of the "contra-cyber" statements sound to me like such people, who sue a 6 year old for showing is **** to his sister while the same people sell firearms in the supermarket.

But I agree .. all is said .. and we have no solution.

I suggest a poll, with the following options:
  • Yes, I want to play sexual scenes within Illa
    No, I don't want to see anything sexual within Illa
    I don't mind, as long as it is not disturbing any other player
    I don't care about it
So we will see the opinion of the majority.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Can't be bothered to read all, but i think this is not about playing sex scenes, but about what does scenes show.. I mean, no one would mind a good rp'd show, but some just get over the edge with their roleplay. Maybe you'll say... hey, I'm alone in the woods, why shouldn't I play the most disturbing scenes that come into my sick mind, since no one is watching? Well, you may be surprised, but GMs are watching and maybe.. just maybe.. they dont feel like getting sick from reading the product of your twisted immagination.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Pellandria wrote:I'm slowly asking myself is Returner is simply angry that noone wants to play such kind of rp with him...and thus has some self confidence problems.
Fine Reported, sorry.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

A poll is a waste of time. This game is not a democracy.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Arien could realy earn himself some respect now by admonishing Pellandria alone for those verbal low-blows against the Returner instead of just dropping the old "Slipped off into spam and flame. Closed" routine.

The rest of the argument including the non-personal attack posts of Pellandria and the replies to those of Returner seemed fine and mature up to now, and there's certainly still opinions left to voice and arguments to counter.

But for the love of god:

Stop insulting other people participating in a discussion Pellandria.
It does not make your side of the argument get more sympathy or understanding or people agreeing with your views more.

It simply shows a lack of real arguments if you have to resort to insulting those people that hold a different opinion than yourself.

-------------------------

Und ich hoffe *WIRKLICH* dass dieser Beitrag nicht einfach geschlossen wird weil mal wieder einer dachte es wäre cool hier seine Hasstriaden vom Stapel zu lassen. Ich sags nochmals auf Deutsch um es klar zu machen:

Arien du könntest hier wirklich professionell agieren wenn du statt einem allgemeinen "Flame und Spam haben mal wieder Überhand genommen. Closed." speziell ein Wort mit dem Spieler redest der dazu geführt hat dass hier das Niveau auf die Ebene von persönlichen Beleidigungen gefallen ist.

Ich bitte um Verständnis, und dass mir das nicht als "Sag mir nicht wie ich meinen Job zu tun habe." ausgelegt wird. Aber ich zitiere hier zum Schluss nochmal einige der neuen Regeln, die vielleicht ein solches Vorgehen rechtfertigen könnten:
Allgemeines

... Wenn ihr euch aber gesittet und vom Gedanken des Rollenspiels getragen verhaltet, könnt ihr eigentlich nie etwas falsch machen.
4. Beleidigungen

Jegliche Beleidigungen von Spielern, also der Person am Monitor, nicht dem Charakter im Spiel, ... oder sexistische Äußerungen... sind nicht erlaubt.
Pellandria wrote:Returner be quiet allready, I think we are all by now bored of the same flawed arguments vomiting from you OVER and OVER and OVER again.
Gesittet? Fallen diese Beleidigungen nicht unter "jegliche Beleidigungen"?
Strafen

* Verübergehende Verbannung des Charakters bzw. Boardaccounts
* Permamente Verbannung des Charakters bzw. Boardaccounts
Da ich selbst in der Vergangenheit schon Bekanntschaft mit der charmanten Art des Argumentationsstils des Spielers von Pellandria gemacht hattee, habe ich die Möglichkeit "klärendes Gespräch mit dem Spieler" hier garnicht extra erwähnt, da das nicht das erste Mal ist, dass hier von seiner Seite Gift verspritzt wurde.

Mfg,
Law-Fal
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Ahh Faladron, you never cease to amuse me, before I explain my "actions", if justified or not let me use a few other examples.
The Returner wrote:No further comments, sorry.
The Returner wrote:well, I for one think there's too many people on this forum who can't seem to stop discussion on something they were ordered to by a GM .....
The Returner wrote:starting to see some yellow names, i hope for a quick decision
3 Spam posts, were the Topic itself was allready discussed, later posts included only the following arguments:
1)Contributs nothing to the community
2)People playing sex scenes are some weird freaks
3)Shouting around

Telling him that he might want to either deliver more arguments, instead of simply one or two sentences or atleast other arguments, than there would have been no need to tell him that, but I believe that returner is not even an active player, he claims so, but someohow I doubt that and that he normally just trolls around in Off topic seems to be proof of such.
That leads me to the conclusion that he is not interrested in the topic at hand but simly wants to ~annoy~ people, if I want to bring arguments, I don't writte a few sentences and thats it.

Furthermore wouldn't a lack of argumentation mean, that I would ~insult~, how you call it, every part of the ones who speak against my opinion, I didn't "insulted"(*cough cough*) someone else did I?

Furthermore, he did not react nor answer any of the other arguments in any way, so you must ask yourself is he really interrested in the topic, keep in mind he said allready he will not further comment it or is he simply trying to troll around here with no real purpose at all?

Not to ask that telling someone to be "quiet", at least a far more polite form than "shut up" and you can't dodge the bullet that returner made no afford what so ever to explain or fortyfie his opinion.
Sure fighting fire with fire might not be the best way, but it might yet lead to something.

To the second quote, I don't see how there is any insult at all, assuming that one might have a low self confidence and thus uses such topics to "cover" up his true intentions might not be that far away form the true, again lets take a look at what he did.
1) He did never before writte "I'm annoyed by cybersex in Illa", seeing as he constantly writte some "Omgozors this and this player is hot" stuff all over the board, I don't know why he shouldn't have written it before, but now at the end he suddendly states that this has annoyed him for some time, that immedeatly leads us too.
2) Whats his motivation posting here, obviously its not for the sake of a solution, else he would have stated more details instead of the mere few spam posts, taking the human itself, its not to uncommon that those destroy something, even for other people, if they itself can not enjoy it.
Another proof of the theory is that he is not even a Gm nor especially ever cared for the community or the Gm's, but at the same time shows us some drama how the gm's suffer, if they read sex logs.

Maybe next time you could spend your time with more important things than constantly try to find a way how I ~could~ have broken some rules.
Faladron

Re: Virtual carnal desires - discussion in here

Post by Faladron »

Faladron wrote:As I know 4-5 people will be completely dull and neglecting about what Zak pointed out, as NOT to discuss any further about rule 9 first case, in the other thread, you can do so here.
I didn't bother reading more than the first line realy, Pellandria.

Have a nice day.
Zak

Post by Zak »

This topic ended up as all the other discussions and is hereby locked (due to missing mod-rights you can still post but I am sure Arien agrees with me and will take care of those not listening)
Last edited by Zak on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Schalalalalala, der die Betroffene/n habens sowieso auch als PM und schon beantwortet und überhaupt~

editiert vom Verfasser.
Last edited by Faladron on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Lucian wrote something while I "locked" the thread, therefore I post that last argument as he tried to discuss properly (others did as well, I noticed that, no worries).
Lucian wrote:
Caecilianus Cathari wrote:
It's actually not about the CS or about the violence. It's about these freedoms being unnecessarily regulated, limited, curtailed and removed by the staff. It's about destroying the things that I love about the game. Restricting the freedom of expression, banning non-distruptive (as in, being courteus and respectful towards your fellow players is not enough anymore) behaviour and having to worry about violating some arbitrary, subjective "moral code" which is very vaguely expressed. And that, for what gain? NOTHING.
NOTHING.
NOTHING.

I don't remember this much outrage when rape and torture was banned.
I personally know for a fact that even gamemaster-played characters have been participating in torture at least once during the past year. Torture is not in it self banned from the game, just search for the current game rules for a mention of it. Why should it be?

As for rape, it is not even the same league as the matters at hand. Firstly, banning rape is not a subjective matter. It's something which can be objectively measured on a simple yes/no scale. There's no opinion or taste which varies from individual to individual involved. Secondly, rape has been banned since the beginning, as far as I can tell. It's not a recent out of the blue change on the status quo. Thirdly and most importantly, there is a very solid, understandable and reasonable grounds on banning the said act. It is banned because there may be players around who have had the misfortune of experiencing it, and thus will feel incredibly uncomfortable when presented with such events in the game. I understand this.

Furthermore, this same logic is applicable directly to violence, but not really to sex. Consentual sex seldom is something deeply scarring as rape or assault would be. Especially if it is done discretely and out of sight.
Last edited by Zak on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hank Sorgenfrei

Post by Hank Sorgenfrei »

@ ZAK: bittesehr
Last edited by Hank Sorgenfrei on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Isnt the recommended age limit of Illarion 16? Well... I know a lot of movies with recommended age limit of 16 with pretty heavy violence and sex scenes. Obviously minors can easily watch this material, both in Illarion and in movies, but if it's good enough for the international movie industry, isnt it good enough for Illa? Perhaps the GM's could have a look at other games with age limit 16, and see what they contain?

Personally I dont have a problem with the whole "no sex policy", as that can easily be done on msn anyways, but limiting the violence and PvP possibilities like this is really negative for the game and it's atmosphere I think.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Zak wrote:This topic ended up as all the other discussions and is hereby locked.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think one topic for this is enougth.

A small explanations for the main point of this topic is readable here:
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 245#541245

Nitram