Piano

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

dellakim thornbrae

Piano

Post by dellakim thornbrae »

I dont know if it would ever be possible but i love the idea of maybe having stationary musical instruments like maybe a piano in the tavern. It would be great if you could actually hear music while you play on stationary instruments and it could maybe work the same as the cooking system, like you can select a song depending on your skill level from a pop up menu and you cant spam because if you try to play again before you have finished the song it would say "someone interupts her work" I have no idea about the programming side of things though so sorry if this is a silly idea and not at all possible in the future. Just think it would really add atmosphere to places like the tavern on special occasions if there was real music :) .
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I really love this idea especially in a tavern type setting.. possibly just playing 2-3 songs when clicked... one problem I see is graphic-wise not having a piano graphic, however possibly would not need many views of it if the graphic remains stationary. A good idea for the future though.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Now after a proposal to disable all instruments you come up with a proposal to implement a new one? O.o
dellakim thornbrae

I didnt come up with any proposal to banish instruments, i like instruments.
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

But you realise, that the music can only be midi, right?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Correct me if wrong, but I think the proposal for the ban was related to a few incidents of spamming musical instruments upsetting RP mainly along with the skill not obviously usable as yet?

Hoping this idea wouldn't be abused similarly, the actual music, even midi may be nice to enhance RP of something like a dance, etc., but it is probably similar to the proposal to have the instruments actually play music. The piano could just play "good" music and not be limited to any skill deficit however which would require less tunes I am assuming.
dellakim thornbrae

hmm another idea i just thought of is maybe having a npc musician sat at the piano in the tavern who will play music for say a copper a minute or something. Maybe leave enough space on his bench for a character to sit next to him and roleplay playing a duet? :) I think if there was a piano in the tavern that played real music but it couldnt be heard from outside people could choose to come and listen to it or turn thier volume down when they are in there if they dont like it but it wouldnt be filling up thier screens with "someone plays a horrible tune" so many times they cant speak.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Well after all I do not see why we should implement more unfinished stuff before finishing the old unfinished stuff.

We have instruments. We have scripts behind that are able to trigger real sound effect music. But we have no such music and before this doesn't change I see no reason to implement more instruments.
That does nothing but increasing the amount of needed things to get the instruments working fine.

Nitram