Extra time and money

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Extra time and money

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

alright this basically came to me while thinking along the lines... ok i have a character that is 1 foot 1 making shirts... wouldn't the quality be better because the "fine" details aren't so fine anymore. this could either be tied in with the limiting of actions depended on size or could be separate.

my main point for this (because i know their are those of you that will complain about race favoritism) i think it would be a good idea to make slightly better quality items then you normally would if you spend a little extra time on it. so if the item you are making uses 1 piece of cloth and two thread (normal shirt) and needs two steps then make it 2 piece of cloth 4 thread and 4 steps but better quality. basically i would like anything where under certain circumstances you can make better items. not even my idea.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

The thing you are looking for is called....practice!
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

It would also take longer because your character is so much smaller.
Tanistian_Kanea

good point vern. as a small character player i'm good with that.
Llama

Post by Llama »

"Tiny races make better items" -> A horrible concept. Sorry.

"Use more stuff to make better items" -> How would you interface that? Currently you have say "Red shirt" "Black Shirt". What are you going to do now?

"Red Shirt" "Better quality red shirt" ?
Tanistian_Kanea

Hadrian_Abela wrote:"Tiny races make better items" -> A horrible concept. Sorry.
thus why i changed it so everyone could make better stuff. this also goes back to that limiting actions to size thing. if they are going to cut out a lot of things like lumber jacking, carpentry ext for small sized races then they should get a bonus in the remaining ones.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:
"Use more stuff to make better items" -> How would you interface that? Currently you have say "Red shirt" "Black Shirt". What are you going to do now?

i don't know...
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

inb4 Alexrose
Llama

Post by Llama »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:
Hadrian_Abela wrote:"Tiny races make better items" -> A horrible concept. Sorry.
thus why i changed it so everyone could make better stuff. this also goes back to that limiting actions to size thing. if they are going to cut out a lot of things like lumber jacking, carpentry ext for small sized races then they should get a bonus in the remaining ones.
You forgot something

Lets take a fairy making a shirt.

She can't carry a lot of cloth, so she needs to grab tiny pieces of cloth. Eventually her 'shirt' will be looking like patchwork, because of this limitation.

So in effect, you're not getting better quality either.

"Everyone can do better stuff" is self-defeating.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:"Use more stuff to make better items" -> How would you interface that? Currently you have say "Red shirt" "Black Shirt". What are you going to do now?

i don't know...
And that's the main problem. Sure it would be nice to have a ton of options, but the interface will go to pieces.
Tanistian_Kanea

small yes... but they would just carry rolls of cloth like a normal person would a small carpet... they could still carry enough full pieces for an article of clothing.

edit: good point with the interface thing...
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

THIS IS ABSURD!!! FAIRIES HAVE MAGICAL POWERS DAMMIT!!!!

sorry for the caps if I ever played a fairy crafter I would use motion magic rp to get my stuff around. :P So no one could argue its bad rp for a fairy to be a crafter. All I would do is #me sprinkles fairy dust on his 100 rolls of cloth and they magically levitate where he directs it. :D

Then if I wanted to make big items I would make a tiny fairy shirt then #me sprinkles some fairy dust on it and it magically grows to fit humans/elves/cows/demons/dragons/ect.

FAIRIES ARE MAGICAL DAMMIT!
Tanistian_Kanea

lol magic fairy dust.... i think if i rped that then someone *cough*alex*cough* would try to have me hanged.
Olive

Post by Olive »

just have Mel stand behind him and watch him lose control of his bodily functions then
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:lol magic fairy dust.... i think if i rped that then someone *cough*alex*cough* would try to have me hanged.
And he'd have good reason too...