Gerneral Question about Weapons

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Oranges

Gerneral Question about Weapons

Post by Oranges »

Are there any plans long term or short term to revamp weapons' effectiveness? It seems to me that 90% of the weapons are absolutely worthless. All I have ever seen anyone use is serinjahs and an occasional long-sword. And when I use axes even of the best quality with good strength good agility combo they are obsolete even to an average serinjah. Maces are alright in concussion I guess, I have used them quite often, but rarely have I ever seen them used as a first choice weapon. So is this on the pecking order at all. Seems to me your attributes should play heavily into what weapons you will be best at using and of course race. So will the reign of the serinjah be forever?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

In real life.. not every style of blade is amazing. If every weapon in game was amazing, then the fighting system would be rather dull.
Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

Julius wrote:In real life..
Illarions fighting system have absolute nothing to do with real life/real fights
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Wrong, with the right ax you will win against any serinja sword..
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Sure.. but I've never played a game in my life that didn't have shitty, cheap weapons to start out with and then pwnage weapons you find later as you advance as a warrior.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Julius wrote:Sure.. but I've never played a game in my life that didn't have shitty, cheap weapons to start out with and then pwnage weapons you find later as you advance as a warrior.
Serinjah's are pwnage weapons?
Julius

Post by Julius »

Cliu Beothach wrote:
Julius wrote:Sure.. but I've never played a game in my life that didn't have shitty, cheap weapons to start out with and then pwnage weapons you find later as you advance as a warrior.
Serinjah's are pwnage weapons?
There pwnage because of a bug.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

If you have a proposal which would make things better there is a forum for it :wink:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Answer: Yes.
Oranges

Post by Oranges »

Pellandria wrote:Wrong, with the right ax you will win against any serinja sword..
:roll: pfft this excludes magical dwarven axes or anyone magical weapon. you meet me with whatever ax you think can take two serinjahs or a serinjah and a shield.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Heh, I think it would be amusing to shake things up and remove serinjahs for a while, replace them with apples like ya did with the ice birds XD
Julius

Post by Julius »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Heh, I think it would be amusing to shake things up and remove serinjahs for a while, replace them with apples like ya did with the ice birds XD
Longswords would be the next widely used weapon. After a while, we would even forget how fast the serinjahs were.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Pellandria wrote:Wrong, with the right ax you will win against any serinja sword..
Actually, wrong. Mostly the system depends on stats and skills. Weapons and armor also play a large role. A fight depends on all these factors. The same skilled player with the same armor could use two serinjah swords and cloud some one with dwarven axes.
Julius wrote:
Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Heh, I think it would be amusing to shake things up and remove serinjahs for a while, replace them with apples like ya did with the ice birds XD
Longswords would be the next widely used weapon. After a while, we would even forget how fast the serinjahs were.
Not with the current weapons. I mean, they suck... There is a sword almost exactly like longswords just better. And no, it isn't a serinjah.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Sabres!
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i do agree that weapons seem unbalanced. in good games they always have a selection of top quality items. also the best axe, sword, mace, staff, dagger ext. should be ROUGHLY the same. Axe do more damage but are slower. swords your standard average thing. daggers weaker but faster, and maces normally have some other random thing that makes them a bit better, generally a minor help to heal or defense magics, however this wouldn't work much in illarion so stunning would be cool for all concussion weapons. i mean, your likely to be slightly dazed if ya knock on someones head with a big stick (aka staff). i never liked how there was always one weapon that was "best". and especially since someone mentioned that serinja swords are really good because of a glitch just makes it worse.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Oranges wrote:
:roll: pfft this excludes magical dwarven axes or anyone magical weapon. you meet me with whatever ax you think can take two serinjahs or a serinjah and a shield.
Go propose a revolutionary new weapons idea and stop whining :P
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Julius wrote:
not necessarily. If you took them out i could think of a number useable weapons each equally better in their own way. There would definately be a bit more diversity in weapons

Serinjahs are strong because of a dislexic bug in their speed. Which makes them better than every non magic weapon. I'd very much like to see this fixed >.<. Though as estralis stated, weapons and armors are being revamped, so be patient
The Less

Post by The Less »

Oranges wrote:

If you wish to see some proof, go meet Konrad and Drethek and get them to show you different fighting styles, a certain none magical axe can defeat dual serinjahs quite easilly.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Salathe wrote:Though as estralis stated, weapons and armors are being revamped
You must have misunderstood him.
Oranges wrote:So will the reign of the serinjah be forever?
Estralis wrote:Answer: Yes.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Check your inbox ;-)

There are plans to revamp weapons & armor, but the existance of a plan does not mean anything is done. In other words: Weapons will not stay the way they are forever, but tomorrow, you won't wake up with a brand new fighting system.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

All i can say is, get 100 slashing skill before you make conclusions. Some weapons simply take more skill to get the benefit off.
Meet me some time and i will show you the significance of axes.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Konrad Knox wrote:All i can say is, get 100 slashing skill before you make conclusions. Some weapons simply take more skill to get the benefit off.
It's been done.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

When you have 100 slashing every weapon pwns :P
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

What about concussion weapons?