town attacks

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

ThisGuy

town attacks

Post by ThisGuy »

I'm not sure why towns are attacked by monsters, but since they are could there be monsters that can be killed when the attacks are made instead of the mummies that spawn 2 more when they're killed? Maybe normal mummies, or skeletons or some other creature that isn't immortal.

Or have the 'seiges' removed all together, Trollsbane is a well defended town, large thick stone walls guards patrolling, and no hostile monsters around to provoke into attacking. Theres not really a way for the monsters to invade the town, but they always do...

Also I'm no just requesting this because I'm not a fighter, but because there are usually weaker players in town or players that don't know the mummies shouldn't be killed and it always makes the problem worse. Imagine from a new player's perspective you log into the game for the first time and as soon as you do you're dead. Even from a merchants perspective you log in inside the workshop with 5 mummies around you and the door is blocked, nothing in your hands but a needle and nothing on your back except clothes...it sort of makes the game unplayable and its horrible for RP
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Yeah, can't be removed. Its a player doing it normally, a gm wouldn't just go and do that without a message, a character is dragging them into town.
If played well it can be fun, at other times not...
Just wait it out.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

This mummies comes, among others, from treasure hunting by night inside or near the town ;)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I would agree, from a new player perspective this can be disconcerting... especially if the mummies are virtually unkillable. For some that know... it woud be easy to get around. Until Newbie Island is begun, it would make sense to suspend IMO.... at least the part that makes two more on killing one.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

As someine said the town attacks are mainly because older players think its such an awesome rp to lure them in kill a bunc and then shout "for moshran", the bad thing is thatthere is absolutly no way to kill them, Iwouldsay get atleast a mage or if the priest systemfinally gets made a chance to kill them, what do I know..a few mespen should kill them off.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Actually the complaint is about those mummies which split into 2. I wasn't aware there are spawns of them, except in the temple...
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

It will be a lot easier to take this feature away than to try and get the players to all behave themselves. It was a nice monster idea, but rather than trying to find an in game solution maybe it's time to rethink its place entirely?
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I like them. Its a bit harsh on noobs, but i think they add something to the game in that they cant be killed. Most of the time gameplay is too simple, they at least make things different.

Plus i can pretend im in Shawn of the dead :D
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Pellandria wrote:As someine said the town attacks are mainly because older players think its such an awesome rp to lure them in kill a bunc and then shout "for moshran"
Psh, things like that don't happen here
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Town guard npc's please? :(
Llama

Post by Llama »

Colin Smalls wrote:I like them. Its a bit harsh on noobs, but i think they add something to the game in that they cant be killed.
Yes it does add something to the game if you're in a team. But if you're a new player, you see a mummy, you kill it, it turns into 2, you kill it again and get beaten up to shreds by a hoard of mummies, I doubt you'll be playing again.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I do believe that there was once a proposal about 'effective town guards' that involved teleporting and monsters to kill people and things but i thiink it was denied because of how many changes would need to be changed and that mages could abuse