priests

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

priests

Post by Joxia Doral »

Is there an appointed and active elder or high priest for each of the 5 elder gods ?
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

As far as I know, there is no "legitamate" or organization to priests (or religion for that matter) in Illarion. Everything about the Gods is already available in the "Background" forums and moonsilver.

In Gobaith, there are altars to each in many places and to all 5 (North Woods), however, due to the lack of a "Priest" system, player turnover, and disruptive plot-lines sometimes, any attempts for "Priests" to establish themselves usually comes to nothing.

Exceptions: Priests of Silverbrand (Active) and Vanima (Unsure if still active). Also "Druids of the Forest" is somewhat active.

Personally, I am currently working with a new player to establish a 'priest' at Goldburg and create a temple area. Dunno if it will last.

That's all we can do for now. A Player of a priest really needs to work within the Town or a Guild to become accepted and established. No-one in this game takes anyone seriously when they say "I am the High Priest of ....". A Priest Character needs to be supported by other players.

There is a "Priest" system in the works so be patient. I am sure we will see many priests appear when that starts. When that happens, we may begin to see some 'organization'.