Treasure Maps

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Werner von Mintraching

Post by Werner von Mintraching »

Rosendil wrote:To get rid of the ridiculous amount of fishermen/women in game, I propose to increase the chance to find maps significantly AND to set up a time interval when the next map can be found (e.g. 1 real life week).
Du machst mir spaß noch weniger?

Ich hab über 500 Fische im Depot aber keine einzige Karte! ;o)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Could you focus on the proposal? The current chance for finding a map is very high, but on the other hand, it doesn't make sense to implement a feature that is only used once a week by players.

The proposal suggests to lower the chance of finding a map by fishing and at the same time, introducing new ways to find a map. This is a very positive approach, just as the approach of Kadiya to split maps into serveral parts. Fishing is not about maps. This game is not about maps. But maps are fun. And this game is about fun.

To stress what "random" means: A character of mine found two maps. Within one minute. Others find none in their entire life. Who cares?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Splitting the maps into pieces would make it more frustrating.

You find one piece, and you're GOING to end up fishing repeatadly until you find the next bit.

Moreover then you'll have to buy the other parts of the map, or share the treasure with the 3 other people, not to mention the people you take to dig up the map itself.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Splitting the maps into pieces would make it more frustrating.

You find one piece, and you're GOING to end up fishing repeatadly until you find the next bit.

Moreover then you'll have to buy the other parts of the map, or share the treasure with the 3 other people, not to mention the people you take to dig up the map itself.
Estralis said it's a BAD IDEA NOT A GOOD IDEA, FFS!! NAAAGH!

And if you want to debate THIS topic, go to Kadiya's proposal thread a few pages back which got rejected and debate in futility.

Have you become illiterate recently or something?
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:Estralis said it's a BAD IDEA NOT A GOOD IDEA, FFS!! NAAAGH!
. This is a very positive approach, just as the approach of Kadiya to split maps into serveral parts.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Fishing is not about maps. This game is not about maps. But maps are fun. And this game is about fun.
Rhianna Morgan

Re: Treasure Maps

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:While cutting trees[You notice a scrap of paper hidden in a hole in the tree]
While mining [You notice a piece of parchment under a small rock]
While herb collecting [You find a piece of paper half-covered by soil]
While collecting sand [You dig up a small piece of parchment]
This is a very good proposal, I think. People can do what they do in their everyday ig life and still there are chances to find maps, and there are less people standing around and fishing for maps... and also less fish laying around because no one needed them...

this game is about fun, and if there are more possibilities where you get a treasure map (without a bigger chance ig, but a fair chance for everyone not referring to what they do usually) *surprise, surprise* it is even more fun.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Djironnyma wrote:Lizard wrote water prof treasure maps and put them into the rivers to raise the the fishing rate.... more fisher, more fish, more happy lizards... you know, so simple, treasure maps in the water are nothing more as a lizard-complot to have more to eat, ask fooser
if thats the case why can't Lizards get maps when diving for fish? seems it would be easier for them to find a map that way...and did they bury the treasures also? seems like alot of work when they could have just fished themselves
Llama

Post by Llama »

Because if lizards could catch them, they'd be less for the landlings to find, and the plan would fail
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Why did the lizards draw maps and plant treasure and somehow get guardians just so they could buy fish, when they could already easily catch them for free when diving?
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Jupiter wrote:
Daelyn wrote:People throw away the fish because they are simply fishing for maps...
To the whole "Don't fish for maps":

Why? Wouldn't you go fishing when you know you would find a map to a treasure in RL? I think I would fish all day long.

There must be thousand of maps on the ground of the sea and rivers, so it logical that the chars try to get these map.
Thats kinda my point... doh. There are way to many maps (or were) they ruin the economy. To make it more realisitic maps should at least be found while fighting etc. too., so that everyone wont just be fishing.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

the economy is not ruined by maps, its more those people who work all day and litter the market with cheap ass stuff.

I wonder wwhat people think would be in these Treasures.. its not even that much not to forget that you need to beat the guards and someone who digs out that stuff and that the treasure will "rot" if you aren't fast enough, means if you run away and wait for health, then come back to kill one guard and run away again your treasure will most likely vanished by the time you beat all guards.
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

I thought the treasure appeared after you have killed the last guardian? As far as i can remember that was how it was before, though I might be wrong. What im sure about is that the good treasures contain a LOT of treasure.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Daelyn wrote:I thought the treasure appeared after you have killed the last guardian? As far as i can remember that was how it was before, though I might be wrong. What im sure about is that the good treasures contain a LOT of treasure.
And take a lot of people to do them.

And what Pella refers to is a time limit. If you haven't complete it by that time or the digger logs out, the treasure won't appear.
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Werner von Mintraching wrote:
Rosendil wrote:To get rid of the ridiculous amount of fishermen/women in game, I propose to increase the chance to find maps significantly AND to set up a time interval when the next map can be found (e.g. 1 real life week).

War wohl nicht klar genug ausgedrückt:

Ich meinte, dass es gut wäre, die Wahrscheinlichkeit eine Karte zu finden signifikant zu erhöhen, damit man seine Zeit IG nicht mit schwachsinnigem Fischen verbringen muss. Z.B. 1 Karte bei durchschnittlich 10 Minuten Fischen. Damit es dann nicht zu viele Karten gibt, kann die nächste Karte erst wieder 1 Woche später (oder 1 Tag später oder wie auch immer) gefunden werden.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Rosendil wrote:
Werner von Mintraching wrote:

War wohl nicht klar genug ausgedrückt:

Ich meinte, dass es gut wäre, die Wahrscheinlichkeit eine Karte zu finden signifikant zu erhöhen, damit man seine Zeit IG nicht mit schwachsinnigem Fischen verbringen muss. Z.B. 1 Karte bei durchschnittlich 10 Minuten Fischen. Damit es dann nicht zu viele Karten gibt, kann die nächste Karte erst wieder 1 Woche später (oder 1 Tag später oder wie auch immer) gefunden werden.
Die Idee finde ich gut. Setzt die Chance auf 1% rauf und sobald man ne Karte hat brauchts mindestens 24 Stunden bis man wieder eine finden kann. Dann ist denke ich allen gedient.
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

Jau mag ich auch.. ich würde es aber auf min. 48 stunden raufsetzen