Newbie Island

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Misjbar

Newbie Island

Post by Misjbar »

Since I am the assigned mapeditor for Newbie Island, and I have no clue what kinda NPCs we shall be placing on that newbie island, and in turn for me what kinda items I have to place alongside those NPCs, I have decided to start this thread.

If all the people whom offered to help before, or want to help with the newbie-island now could apply in this thread, then great.

What I really need, is some people who know their crafts, whom can write conversations for those NPCs so new people can learn how to do that craft. Basic interaction skills will have a teaching NPC too, so someone whom can write a conversation for that would be great too.
So feel free to apply. I have been thinking of merging some crafts into one NPC, so you might have to coordinate your efforts with other people.

If you can remember the old threat that pharse made, is that for every single craft and thingie, there was one single NPC. I think, that such an approach is very redundant, and will only annoy NPCs. Perhaps I am wrong, but okay.

Just apply here first, will you? So I can really get going on this one.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

You should contact pharse. He is the main person for the newbie island and can give you a overview of what is done and what is pending.

Nitram
pharse

Post by pharse »

He did contact me. But I was busy and then on holiday. I've just sent him some useful information.

(Perhaps Misjbar should really get rights for the internal proposals forum, as PO Lennier has already written)
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

I don't know what kind of information was given to you per PM.
So I will write down here what I need for the farming NPC

- A field nearby to grow stuff
- a river/well not far away
- some free, fertile grassland to grow some apple trees

Furthermore I think it would be useful to make sort of newbie-island meeting in IRC. Alternatively an own topic somewhere would be good to make a baseline to see how things are proceeding etc.

Farming NPC: ~45% done
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Greisling wrote:I don't know what kind of information was given to you per PM.
So I will write down here what I need for the farming NPC

- A field nearby to grow stuff
- a river/well not far away
- some free, fertile grassland to grow some apple trees

Furthermore I think it would be useful to make sort of newbie-island meeting in IRC. Alternatively an own topic somewhere would be good to make a baseline to see how things are proceeding etc.

Farming NPC: ~45% done
Now THIS is useful. And I can work with what pharse has send me per PM too. I need people to give me this kind of info, so I can make room for it. Any other people whom are scripting NPCs, or were planning to do it (I heard the name of some Ardian?).
Ardian

Post by Ardian »

I will send you a PM about the NPCs.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I will be in the Illarion IRC channel this evening from about 21:20 until 22:50 GMT+2.

If there are any questions, suggestions or anything else concerning the newbie island, just meet me there.

#illarion @ quakenet
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

when/if newbie island is implemented will it be possible for new players to get the tools they need there?

I remember asking around for 1 real month before finally finding someone who was able to make a stirring rod and I know several other people who have searched during that time...so just curious
pharse

Post by pharse »

That's not part of the NI. This concerns the starter packs. They were reworked lately I think.

Any other questions please this evening in the IRC channel.