Potions and Parkinson's

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Faladron

Post by Faladron »

AlexRose wrote:Yeah some people just don't have a clue :P .
I don't think that I should take that as an offence as it implies that I know nothing about powergaming and you lot, Retlak and you, do ...

Be excited about it all you want then.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Faladron wrote:Thing is... if potions work with an instant heal I can go and skill tactics and dodge upon mummies naked... or if not naked at least with crappy equipment and no weapon so I can pg and then rp a real martial arts expert, aight?
Even if you have a million potions... and PG the char constantly for 20 years.... your char will still be sucks...

Not to mention... matt will only need 1 week to beat your hardwork over the 20 years.... ^.^
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Pfft, I know about powergaming, I'm friends with Matt, but I don't do it because it's boring and I can't be arsed and I see no reason to :P .
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

There is a huge difference between knowing how to do something and being able to do something. :wink:
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Faladron wrote:
AlexRose wrote:Yeah some people just don't have a clue :P .
I don't think that I should take that as an offence as it implies that I know nothing about powergaming and you lot, Retlak and you, do ...

Be excited about it all you want then.
Actually, I think you generally just don't have a clue.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*waits for ariens' lock of locking*
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Before this gets locked, I suggest a "spell" that does 1 damage that doesn't use any mana...

Throwing a tiny rock.

I'm serious, that'd be useful...somehow...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You could wait for someone to walk on two traps then throw two rocks at them and they'd die.
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Yeah, but it'd only be available if you didn't have mana.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. You always have mana. The chances of you casting to exactly 0/10,000 mp are extremely low, and even then within quarter of a second you'll make back 1mp easy.

Oh and not to mention it's stupid and completely useless and won't help at all.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

SOLH KEL? ; )

There should be another stun spell beside the paralyse spell...maybe the stone hits your head and knocks your over.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Why should there be? :/

We already have lightning and paralyse so.. yeah, we don't need another stun really.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Alex you missed the "How to get a joke" Lesson in school hu?
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

3 second thing on strong healing pots needs to be removed. Theyre simply not worth buying, and i never do anymore.

"Mages are overpowered" is a different topic entirely. And yeah, they are overpowered, but the only thing that overpowers them currently is the paralyze spell, which is recastable, and doesnt drop once target is hit.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

But gets falls back alot or fails if you don't have the right skill. Please a archer could kill a mages with a few shoots, a figther can kill a mage as soon as he stands near him, does that make them not overpowered?

A Mage only gets two runes per week + learning ancient for weeks before hand than you need to train for weeks and need constant supply of food as orl kah will likely do nothing when you are just learning, so stop that "ohh they are overpowered because they need half a year of training" some figthers can learn everything they need in a few months.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Sure, then why arent you playing a fighter?
Coz in Mage vs Fighter combat, Mage always wins.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Yes they win, because they are freaking mages geez, they can create portals and travel over far distances in a short time, playing an powerfull mage takes months of sensless casting around, but I'm sick of these people talking crap about the magic system while they have absolutly no clue, like we all get our Chars with instant kill runes or can use RA KEL QWAN as soon as we get it.
Archers kills Mages kills Warriors kills Archers, it was always like this if you want to kill a mage get your bow out, why don't you play an archer then hmm?
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Mages are overpowered.
Irania

Post by Irania »

Mages are overrated.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

And they are a bunch of disruptive, spell casting, skill obsessed powergamers.
Irania

Post by Irania »

They really are.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Pellandria wrote:Yes they win, because they are freaking mages geez, they can create portals and travel over far distances in a short time, playing an powerfull mage takes months of sensless casting around, but I'm sick of these people talking crap about the magic system while they have absolutly no clue, like we all get our Chars with instant kill runes or can use RA KEL QWAN as soon as we get it.
Archers kills Mages kills Warriors kills Archers, it was always like this if you want to kill a mage get your bow out, why don't you play an archer then hmm?
Archers can't touch mages and you know it.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Serinja rider bow + wndarrows = death mages, if you try to kill a mage with little stones that go like 4 meter and without any skill then you die..thats normal hu.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

dude..seriously. WTF does hu mean? There is no reason to end every single freaking sentence/paragraph with hu. Wtf is with that?

Are you epileptic?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Nice little strategy, instead of paying attention to the main issue here and probly after seeing how you were wrong, you jsut change it completlly...hu...
Julius

Post by Julius »

Pellandria wrote:Serinja rider bow + wndarrows = death mages, if you try to kill a mage with little stones that go like 4 meter and without any skill then you die..thats normal hu.
No one uses Archery. It sucks. There I answered.

Wtf does HU even mean? Seriously.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Well its not the "mages" problem that archery is hard to pg, might try the sling as the costs of the ammunition is almost nothing.

How about you try to translate the "hu" with an "or?" next time.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Pellandria wrote:Serinja rider bow + wndarrows = death mages, if you try to kill a mage with little stones that go like 4 meter and without any skill then you die..thats normal or.
Pellandria wrote:Nice little strategy, instead of paying attention to the main issue here and probly after seeing how you were wrong, you jsut change it completlly...or...
doesn't make any sense.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

you forgot the "?" and the oth hu was jsut to piss you off.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

is Pellandria really Galim?