Favorism of Gms and other Fun

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Favorism of Gms and other Fun

Post by Pellandria »

Allright, as I'm forbidden to talk in other Topics about this, but its always something that is happening in Illarion..constantly, while the Devs and Gm simply close their eyes and let this happen or they are allright with it as they support their friends, maybe they don't even know about it.

First off I know we are all human and a bit favorism is allright, but on the other hand I can understand how several "english player" talk about Gm favorism and as I'm glad to mainly stand as a neutral person, neither being one of the so called powergamers/rulebreakers, how the Gms and Devs normally kill any critics nor one of the Gm "pushed" people I have no reason to lie about the Game nor support any Gm work as they go and I'm not scared of any harrasment of the Gm's, that would just proove that I'm finally right.

Second: I would like to scrap these "english player are powergamer" argument out of peoples head, simply because its quiete funny how noone ever searches for any people inside the german community for them, as I see it the Silverbrand community is mainly german, several people allready complained about this and all what they got as answer was that they "could" come, but I highly doubt that the "Goldburg" village would be needed, if you could get into there as an english dwarf. What dwarfes do all day there, well I can only guess, but its strange to see a dwarf actually outside of silverbrand, a german dwarf thats it, so it could be incredible powergaming..or the best rp soil on the whole Island, who knows.

Third: Just waiting for some "Ohh you just flame all day" go ahead, send me a pm with a real Argument, mind you ripping one sentence or a few word out of context is no argument but bullshit and in fact has no true intention but to piss off your argumentpartner.

Well now I finally come to the whole point, after I got the first things off my chest.

The main problem or reason I'm recently worried about, is the favorism of Djironnyma, as it seems that he is allowed to do anything, simply because he is the super Djironnyma and we all know he can revers Time, Logic and probaply everything else.

I doubt that many people know what "Darloks/Varshikars/Northerots" castle history is all about so a short history lesson, there is a magical well inside or under the castle, it once layed free in the ruins of another castle, Darlok, "trading" with a demon, blackmailed the Island while draining the Island "lifepower", thus the Island slowly turned into a desert, no tress where growing and the "great drought" might be one of the best quests I ever saw and ever will see in Illarion, it was a special atmosphere..a great bad person, in his huge castle blackmailing the Island and one player alone couldn't do much, the only hope where the few seplings that remained near "falkeners Hain" in the northforest, even if they where constantly attacked.

Anyway I guess telling from it doesn't recreate the atmosphere, just be sure that this quest took a very long time to plan and it runned several weeks in RL, but long story short darlok was attacked by a large group, he "died" inside the cellar of his castle and as long as I recall his might was broken as his helmet, armour and weapon where recovered.

Since then the Castle is a ruin, so allready several years and now a few months ago Djironnyma, who was death and ressurected by a mage in schooling and with the only sacrifice of 4 sheeps, as long as I know, got into the castle, still I'm unsure why he would come back or even want to get into the castle, mind you its more or less a "evil" castle build upon a magic well which could turn people into monster. Now he rebuild the castle with his "magic" and its sealed with a magic door so only a few people can get into it, obviously Dji won't get out of the castle either, as his "ghost" can't maintain himself, atleast this is what I got as a ig reason.

So what we got now is a player who not only got a undeserved Ghostform, where he can cast any Spell, which normally goes against the rules as I doubt a Ghost could speak the words needed to create a spell, as intention of the words is one of the main subject in casting a spell, but he got also a castle, again I think completly undeserved.

Arguments I heard allready and will now be crushed:
-"Dji was a "migthy" mage as he was playing, he made all kinds of rituals"
This is a pretty weak argument, Dji and Damien created the Rules of Magic, playing in your rules is as easy as it could possible get.

-"Dji was resecurred and was on hiding as he played".
Again I will remind you, he was brougth back, even if its only a ghost, by a mage in schooling, not even a fully educated mage nor a sacrifice of a human/elve/lizard/any other race was brought, but a sacrifice of a mere 4 sheeps.

-"If you don't know anything, stop talking"
I always wonder why the Gm's are so afraid of giving out informations, maybe they cover up something, maybe they are afraid to say that there is favorism or some gms made msitakes, heck maybe they are even afraid every gm might tell a different story, well I don't know, but atleast now the Gm's can post here and give us their story.

-"People who help to keep the game interresting are rewarded, people who only play with two or tree chars aren't"
I might be mistaken, but I don't think many people ever played with Dji, he is behind a sealed door and unlike the magic academy, where almost everyone gets in, the word for the entrance door might be known ig by..hmm I counted 6 people, where maybe only 3 are even regular at the castle itself, so I wonder how Dji got all these rewards, while he only plays with 3 or 4 people.
Does any town or guildleader get rewards for leading his guild or town?
Just as an example, the "new magic academy" allready builds things, we maybe could get together 10 active mages to build something, but snap we can't, we need to get all the ressources and silver alone, but one ghost can rebuild an almost destroyed castle, while one major part of casting magic is missing, talk about fairness here eh?

Anyway, I'm really interrested in any opinions and or other "facts" people come up with and see how long anyone flames and the gms decide that this must be closed immeadeatly.
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

I neither do have the will nor do have the time to read this through, but there's one important sentence I found right in the first paragraph:
I'm glad to mainly stand as a neutral person
This is simply not true. You felt insulted and thus, trying to strengthen your self-confidence, you have posted this hardly reasonable thread. Well...maybe you should stop picking at people just for your own benefit. Why not just let them have their fun?
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Die Zwerge dürfen Powergamen da sie mir dafür mein Studium finanzieren. DAher ist SB eine offizielle PGing area in den es auch keinen Skillcap gibt. Und Dji schläft mit mir daher hat er all die Sonderrechte.

Warum kommts mir so vor als würde hier wieder ein kleines Kind schreien das jemand anders einen Lolly hat und es selber nicht.
Damien

Post by Damien »

I'd guess envious, not just insulted. Anyhow - it's just another person trying to start a flame war.
This attitude "He has and i don't" is not only exactly what little children do in Kindergarden, but it's also one reason why we have so few GMs. Cause whatever they do, they have to worry about someone complaining and bitching.
We have three GMs at the moment. 3.
So, how do you expect them to do a plot - of ANY kind - without the help of players and NPCs ?

Keep a few things in mind.

1. The staff has the right to do whatever they want.
2. The staff makes, runs, and owns the game. Not you.
3. The staff decides who does what and who gets what.

There are no rules for GMs or staff members. I once tried to make some, but they were not agreed to by staff majority. Therefore, GMs and DEVs can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and with whomever they choose. The GMs try to act fair usually. But even that is their decision, technically.

Your rights concerning staff decisions and choices are : none, none, none, none and, of course, none.
So, either you live with it and agree with it, or you don't, then you are always free to go.
Last edited by Damien on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

Bye Galim...
Ivar Kraftimarm

Post by Ivar Kraftimarm »

@cas: apropo, wann sind die ächsten 500 euro fällig? thorwald hat angefangen seine private "die zwerge" bücher sammlung zu verkaufen um das geld aufzubringen :P
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Cassandra Fjurin wrote:Die Zwerge dürfen Powergamen da sie mir dafür mein Studium finanzieren. DAher ist SB eine offizielle PGing area in den es auch keinen Skillcap gibt.
Ok, ist zwar schade drum, aber jetzt ist es raus. Cassandra Fjurin, wie war noch mal die Nummer von diesem speziellen Bankkonto, wo wir Zwergenspieler das Geld hin überweisen sollen?
Amras Telemnar

Post by Amras Telemnar »

Als der angeblich unmenschlichste PO muss ich sagen wenn ich mir das so durchlese ist das doch nur bullshit.

Es ist doch bekannt das wenn man was machen will und das den GM´s gut verkaufen kann diese einen Unterstützen.
Das man dabei sicherlich einen neuen Spieler noch etwas beäugt ob dies auch nicht mit dem dann total in die Hose geht ist doch klar, zumindestens nach meiner Meinung.
Und Djironnyma zählt nunmal zu den Spielern die schon sehr lange dabei ist und man von ihm weiß das er sowas nicht einfach so ausnutzt.

Wobei im Grund wird es doch so sein wie Cassandra es geschrieben hat, durch solche Boni die sie sich bezahlen lassen machen sie ja Illarion schon fast Hauptberuflich weil sie dadurch sooo viel verdienen.........

*kopfschüttel* und weg

PO Amras
Callith

Post by Callith »

She actually makes a valid point, though not from a neutral stand point.

It's not a case of he has and I don't as you put it Damien it is a case of one brother getting a gift 5000 euros and the other getting 5, it's not fair and it is always going to cause trouble.
Damien

Post by Damien »

It's, as Cass put it into nicely and precise words, nothing but "He has a Lolly and i don't".

Let me remember : Players have in fact no rights. We don't pay to play, we're allowed to play as long as we follow certain rules. That's all.

GMs have no rules on how they should do stuff or how not. No single one, except for some unspoken ones.

So where's a valid point ?
Last edited by Damien on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Ok aber langsam artet es dennoch im Spam aus.
Zu den Zwergen, PGing würde ich das ganze nicht nennen. Und erstaunlicherweise sind die Zwerge die einzige Gilde die über lange Zeit wirklich aktiv sind und was auf die Beine stellen. Sie spielen sogar, sie Rpen und Trainieren halt mal. Na und? Ich frage mich wann mein Prof kommt und mich aus der Uni wirft weil ich PGing betreibe wenn ich 4 h am Tag lerne.

Und zu Dji:
Er hat einen guten Plot geliefert, Wenn sich keiner für den hintergrund interessiert und niemand wirklich was macht ists doch net seine Schuld. Um ehrlich zu sein war er früher nichtmal ein guter Magier, Aber er wusste wie er sich verkaufen muss.
Er hat keinen wirklichen vorteil von dem ganzen. Und soweit ich weiss nimmt er für ein Item welches er sich durch den Plot erhofft (Welches keinen vorteil bringt ausser das es sein Questitem ist) ziemlich viel Plot in kauf. Wo liegt also das problem?
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

Ich würde einfach gar nichts mehr zu sagen, ausser: Bye Galim!
Callith

Post by Callith »

Despite those rules, or lack of them, if you look at them from a non totalitarian stand point it is a valid point, Dji has had a whole castle repaired from him for free, despite playing a ghost.

Also those well I can't call them rules, that you keep commenting on are stupid because really if you had no players who would you develop the game for, I'm sure development would cease. Also doesn't the society technically own the game?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Dji has had a whole castle repaired from him for free
Untrue afaik.

About the rest:
Lance Thunnigan wrote:tl;dr
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Nobody of you ever asked "Why did he get an entire castle?" "What is he going to do with it?"
All you say is "He got something I didn't get."
Cassy clearly said above (in the German post) that all Dji is getting for his plot is a (in technical terms) useless quest item. No word about a free castle.
Why did Darlok get the castle in the beginning? For a plot. Why could Dji repair it? For a plot maybe? Ever thought about that?

Oh, and I have some shocking news regarding "Silverbrand and excluding English Players". The Grey Rose doesn't accept non german speaking members either. We exclude them from our castle on purpose! It's all an evil conspiracy against english powergamers.

And on another note: Bye, Galim!
Damien

Post by Damien »

The staff owns it, technically and completely. Not the society, and no single player. It's staff decision who can do what and who not, and it's also staff decision who plays what role.

If the staff would do eveything the "society" wants, the game would be pretty fucked up already.

If you have criticism, you should be mature enough to write it in a constructive and at least somewhat friendly way.
A post like the one above just gets laughed at, and just shows that the poster is either too immature or too pissed to write as you expect from a person who is allowed to play something FOR FREE.

Our staff does not get paid. By noone. And they develop the game. For free. For themselves, for developing, or for fun, everyone has his own reasons.

But as a player : It is a kind of "present" to be allowed to play and that the game is continuously kept free. It's not that staff members would NOT pay for the game !
I don't get it how people can be so extraordinary brash to post in a tone like this considering the fact that they are using (or abusing) a gift from those they complain to.

If you get a gift, and you complain about it, i'd suggest to you just not to take it. And if i was still in the staff, Pell would just have gotten a nice ban to calm down, to think and to learn that brashness is NOT a virtue.
Last edited by Damien on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boindil

Post by Boindil »

Thariel Feuersturm wrote:Ich würde einfach gar nichts mehr zu sagen, ausser: Bye Galim!
Müsste aber: "Welcome back, Galim" heißen!
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Why don't we all just dance around what we've already seen. That could work, right?

If you have criticism, you should be mature enough to write it in a constructive and at least somewhat friendly way.
Hi there, friend!
Last edited by Cliu Beothach on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Ein vergilbter Zettel kommt zum Vorschein:

Seine Exzellenz König Thurbert von Silberbrand nimmt die unter König Tialdin eingeleitete Operation "Donnerhammer" wieder auf.

Das seltsame, explosive und höchst toxische Erz, dass, im neuen Schacht freigelegt wurde, hat sich in den ersten Versuchen an niedrigen Lebensformen (Schafe, Schweine, Nagetiere, Orks) als höchst effektiv und effizient erwiesen.

Die angeheuerten Gnom-Ingenieure bestätigen dass unter den momentanen Verhältnissen in Abbau, Forschung und Fertigung, Silberbrand damit rechnen kann, in 4 bis 5 Jahren genug waffenfähiges Erz zu haben, um präventiv das Orkland und weite Teile der Kumdahwüste auf unbestimmte Zeit unbewohnbar zu machen.

Sollten sich die politischen Verhältnisse in Trollsbane weiter verschlechtern wird über den Einsatz von kleinen Taktischen Sprengkörpern erwogen, zumindest um ein Silberbrandtreues Regime installieren zu können.

Weiters sollten diese Demonstration von Stärke die anderen Fraktionen der Insel dazu bewegen, sich der bald zu gründenden neuen Ordnung Irmoroms freiwillig zu unterwerfen.

Geschrieben und unterzeichnet,
König Thurbert zu Silberbrand den 23. Ronas des 20. Jahres
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

You know, you guys should charge us for the game.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

That would only cause people to complain that others got more for their money then themselves.
Silverwolf

Post by Silverwolf »

Cassandra Fjurin wrote:Die Zwerge dürfen Powergamen da sie mir dafür mein Studium finanzieren. DAher ist SB eine offizielle PGing area in den es auch keinen Skillcap gibt. Und Dji schläft mit mir daher hat er all die Sonderrechte.
Oder willst du lieber, das wir dir ein paar Goldstücke schmieden? :)
Jetzt mal im Ernst
Cassandra Fjurin wrote:Warum kommts mir so vor als würde hier wieder ein kleines Kind schreien das jemand anders einen Lolly hat und es selber nicht.
Weil es so ist?
Callith

Post by Callith »

I think we can all be glad you are not on the staff any more.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Adano Eles wrote:That would only cause people to complain that others got more for their money then themselves.
So, you'd still be generating funds.
Nitram
Developer

Re: Favorism of Gms and other Fun

Post by Nitram »

Pellandria wrote:Allright, as I'm forbidden to talk in other Topics about this,
Yes. The reason is: Topics are, as the name says about a topic. If you speak about something else its spam. Thats the reason we don't want you to speak of cheese while we discuss about exploding ham.
Pellandria wrote:but its always something that is happening in Illarion..constantly,
Yeah... and?
Pellandria wrote:while the Devs and Gm simply close their eyes and let this happen or they are allright with it as they support their friends, maybe they don't even know about it.
Only because you were not supported, it does not mean that only "our" friends are supported.
Pellandria wrote:First off I know we are all human and a bit favorism is allright,
Yep.
Pellandria wrote:but on the other hand I can understand how several "english player" talk about Gm favorism
Yeah, they speak about GM favorism. Okay. Thats up to themselfs.
Pellandria wrote:and as I'm glad to mainly stand as a neutral person,
You are not seen as a neural person. You are seen as a annoying person.
Pellandria wrote:neither being one of the so called powergamers/rulebreakers,
And thats good. Should stay this way.
Pellandria wrote:how the Gms and Devs normally kill any critics
We kill critics that stands without proposals to change it and without any real content. Those "critics" as yours. With the only intension to start a new flame war.
Pellandria wrote:nor one of the Gm "pushed" people
"pushed" or supported by a quest that was proposed by the player. Name is as you like.
Pellandria wrote:I have no reason to lie about the Game nor support any Gm work as they go
good. But I guess that statement will be proofed as invalid in the following part of your nice little post.
Pellandria wrote:and I'm not scared of any harrasment of the Gm's,
Thats bad. Since that means that you have the intension to cause trouble. And players who cause trouble spoil the fun in the game. And players who spoil the fun in the game are banned.
Think about if you have some respect in front of the GMs and the desicions of the staff or not.
Pellandria wrote:that would just proove that I'm finally right.
Well. If one is banned for breaking rules and trying to destroy the game, he is proofed that the things he did was good when he is banned... thats really strange.
Pellandria wrote:I would like to scrap these "english player are powergamer" argument out of peoples head,
It would be nice if that would work. But I guess you are not able to change the mind of a huge part of the community instandly. If you made to do this, I would like to know how. Since the Staff members try this a long time already without any success.
Pellandria wrote:simply because its quiete funny how noone ever searches for any people inside the german community for them,
Thats a community sided problem. Be sure that the staff knows that the germans powergame as much as the english ones. Sure the count of english powergamers is higher then the number of the german powergamers. But in the same ratio as we have more english players then german ones.
Pellandria wrote:as I see it the Silverbrand community is mainly german,
Your powers of observation serve you well...
Pellandria wrote:several people allready complained about this
Yeah, they complained without a good proposal to change it. Guess how much the german ones would moan if the gms roam into Silverbrand and force change it into a english city. There are places that are focused on the german language and places that are focused on the english language. Depending who is around there. The german players could complain in the same way that the main language in Trollsbane is english. Same thing.
Pellandria wrote:and all what they got as answer was that they "could" come, but I highly doubt that the "Goldburg" village would be needed, if you could get into there as an english dwarf.
They can get in there, but of cause its hightly demotivating if the most dwarfs in there goone speaking german even if a english one is around. Thats caused by the point that some players in SB can speak only german and don't speak any english. So you can't communicate with those players in english. And so you can't switch the language, even if a english one is around, if you want to speak to the german one.
Pellandria wrote:What dwarfes do all day there, well I can only guess,
Better don't do this...
Pellandria wrote:but its strange to see a dwarf actually outside of silverbrand,
Thats good. Fits to the roleplay pretty good.
Pellandria wrote:so it could be incredible powergaming..or the best rp soil on the whole Island, who knows.
You don't. So don't do any statement. Thougth I can't see in your statement how you "proofed" that the germans powergame as well, you are right of cause.
Pellandria wrote:Third: Just waiting for some "Ohh you just flame all day" go ahead,
You said this :P
Pellandria wrote:send me a pm with a real Argument,
Why? I can throw in my arguments in public. You could have send your "arguments" to one of the GMs in private as well.

Pellandria wrote:mind you ripping one sentence or a few word out of context is no argument
*ripps*
Pellandria wrote:but bullshit and in fact has no true intention but to piss off your argumentpartner.
You did this already with that pointless post. Except of the point that you start another flamewar.
Pellandria wrote:Well now I finally come to the whole point, after I got the first things off my chest.
Great... Half done.
Pellandria wrote:The main problem or reason I'm recently worried about, is the favorism of Djironnyma,
Ah..yeah. Sure. The favorism of Djironnyma. He asked us. He proposed that quest. Staff said okay. Quest is performed. Thats the way it goes.
Now it would be favorism if we would in general reject the posts of everyone else. But honestly I fail to find a single proposal for a quest you would like to perform with slightly support of the GMs. I can't find any. Neigther good nor bad. So how do you dare to speak of favorism, if you did not even try to get support?
Pellandria wrote:as it seems that he is allowed to do anything,
anything that was planned in the quest planning...
Pellandria wrote:simply because he is the super Djironnyma
Impressive argmument...
Pellandria wrote:and we all know he can revers Time, Logic and probaply everything else.
Good that everyone knows that. I do not... am I a Newbie now?
Pellandria wrote:I doubt that many people know what[...]armour and weapon where recovered.
Very well. Now he all know that can be easily find out ingame as well. But fine...
Pellandria wrote:Since then the Castle is a ruin, so allready several years
And I guess that means for you that noone is allowed to even think about changing this?
Pellandria wrote:and now a few months ago Djironnyma, who was death and ressurected by a mage in schooling
There we go the false arguments. You heared that it was a mage in schooling. And that mage maybe ressurected Djironnyma. But your awesome logical skills should tell you that a mage in schooling is not able to do something like this and now the conclusion is that is went in a different way as someone told you. Noone is forced to tell you the truth about everything. So if you are not sure about something and have no proofs that something happend in the way you claim, you better exclude that argument.
Pellandria wrote:and with the only sacrifice of 4 sheeps, as long as I know,
But you are wrong. Sorry. Guess someone tricked you. I can understand that someone.
Pellandria wrote:got into the castle,
Thats true!
Pellandria wrote:still I'm unsure why he would come back or even want to get into the castle,
Yeah, but thats not the point. The ones who have to know know it and all others can try to find it out. In the game. (the most of you will fail.)
Pellandria wrote:mind you its more or less a "evil" castle
Evil stones... yeah.
Pellandria wrote:build upon a magic well which could turn people into monster.
Partly correct but it shows that you lack a little of the background informations about that well. Guess you should try to find that out. In game. Old characters could know it.
Pellandria wrote:Now he rebuild the castle with his "magic"
Yeah. With his magic, the building man and a shit load of ressources.
Pellandria wrote:and its sealed with a magic door so only a few people can get into it,
Yeah. The door... I guess its the same with every lockable door on the whole map. Only a few can get into it. Because they have the key. Its nothing different with the door in Varshikar or the door in the academy of magic.
Pellandria wrote:obviously Dji won't get out of the castle either, as his "ghost" can't maintain himself, atleast this is what I got as a ig reason.
And thats a good and valid explaination.
Pellandria wrote:So what we got now is a player who not only got a undeserved Ghostform,
wow. Thats what I call envy. Djironnyma is a quest character. He proposed the quest he plays it with GM help. What now is undeserved?
Pellandria wrote:where he can cast any Spell,
Wrong.

Pellandria wrote:which normally goes against the rules as I doubt a Ghost could speak the words needed to create a spell,
Wrong again. A ghost of the kind Djironnyma is, can speak.
Pellandria wrote:as intention of the words is one of the main subject in casting a spell,
What is no problem if you can speak. Its about speaking the words in the ancient language. If you voice is light or dark is unimportaint.
Pellandria wrote:but he got also a castle, again I think completly undeserved.
Envy... anyway. He got the castle for a quest as a quest location. Now what is the undeserved part?
Pellandria wrote:Arguments I heard allready and will now be crushed:
Okay... lets compare.
Pellandria wrote:-"Dji was a "migthy" mage as he was playing, he made all kinds of rituals"
Sorry, not found.
Pellandria wrote:This is a pretty weak argument, Dji and Damien created the Rules of Magic, playing in your rules is as easy as it could possible get.
Yeah. They did that work. What did you do, but complaining?
Pellandria wrote:-"Dji was resecurred and was on hiding as he played".
Thats pretty true, isn't it.
Pellandria wrote:Again I will remind you, he was brougth back, even if its only a ghost, by a mage in schooling, not even a fully educated mage nor a sacrifice of a human/elve/lizard/any other race was brought, but a sacrifice of a mere 4 sheeps.
Again a remind you on the stuff I wrote before. I'm too lazy to repeat the same thing again.
Pellandria wrote:-"If you don't know anything, stop talking"
Hey if you found that out yourself, why don't you do it?
Pellandria wrote:I always wonder why the Gm's are so afraid of giving out informations,
Because you do not need the informations for your roleplay? Did that come up in your mind. Thats not your part.
Pellandria wrote:maybe they cover up something,
And even if we do. We are allowed do, aren't we?
Pellandria wrote:maybe they are afraid to say that there is favorism
There is. And? That was not too hard for me. Everyone (excluding the very new players) know that. The players are not threaten equal. They are threaten in the way they act. If a player causes nothing but trouble, he does not get any support. If a player helps the game, he gets more support. You choose yourself how you want to get handled by the staff. Its the own desicion of everyone. You can play with or against us. We do the same.
Pellandria wrote:or some gms made msitakes,
What do you expect now? The GMs are humans you know? Humans do misstakes. Sure ALL gms made misstakes.
Pellandria wrote:heck maybe they are even afraid every gm might tell a different story,
As I said we are all humans. No borgs. We all have own different minds. The core idea is the same.
Pellandria wrote:well I don't know,
Finally some insight...
Pellandria wrote:but atleast now the Gm's can post here and give us their story.
Guess thats what I did.
Pellandria wrote:"People who help to keep the game interresting are rewarded, people who only play with two or tree chars aren't"
Good statement. Could be mine.
Pellandria wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't think many people ever played with Dji,
You are misstaken.
Pellandria wrote:he is behind a sealed door
Did I remind you that this is a part of that quest? It has to be that way.
Pellandria wrote:and unlike the magic academy, where almost everyone gets in,
Yeah... I fail the see the point of doing the same thing again.
Pellandria wrote:the word for the entrance door might be known ig by..hmm I counted 6 people,
Hard to say. But I wonder were you got those numbers.
Pellandria wrote:where maybe only 3 are even regular at the castle itself, so I wonder how Dji got all these rewards, while he only plays with 3 or 4 people.
Now you watch those 6 characters, 24h a day, 7 days a week to know exactly when they do what. Because only then I would exept that statement.
I don't know if that comes up in your mind. But there are times, some characters, interact with less characters and at some times with more. Maybe the general values count and the expected ability to interact with many characters if needed.
Pellandria wrote:Does any town or guildleader get rewards for leading his guild or town?
Yep. Those are called taxes.
And guilds are allowed to build where ever they want. And they do not have to be a part of a quest to get anything. And they do not get many restrictions from the GM side. And they are not constantly controlled by GMs.
Pellandria wrote:Just as an example, the "new magic academy" allready builds things,
What is not forbidden.
Pellandria wrote:we maybe could get together 10 active mages to build something, but snap we can't, we need to get all the ressources and silver alone,
Well thats your problem. If your 10 men are not able to get ressources because they never collect anything, its a clear thing that you can't build anything.
Pellandria wrote:but one ghost can rebuild an almost destroyed castle,
With his old homies and their ressources and money.
Pellandria wrote:while one major part of casting magic is missing, talk about fairness here eh?
I fail to get the point of that part. Sorry.
Pellandria wrote:Anyway, I'm really interrested in any opinions
You are interessted in making yourself in some way inportaint. Nothing else. That whole post had no point. It serves nothing. Nothing will change by it and the only thing that will happen is that the community is going to cut each others heads off. That by the way happens after many thing you post. Mind thinking about your style?
Pellandria wrote:and or other "facts" people come up
Those facts would be the first one. Your post contained none.
Pellandria wrote:with and see how long anyone flames and the gms decide that this must be closed immeadeatly.
You started already. But for now I leave it open.

Nitram
Elsi

Post by Elsi »

According to the statements on the web page, there is an item in Illarion's charter prohibiting them from charging players, so that's a no-go. I believe everyone is welcome to contribute, however.

As far as the power game issue... The question is what makes for the most fun game. If it's ALWAYS fair is that more fun than if it's USUALLY fair? Is Dji under rules which don't apply to the rest of the characters (like... he can't leave the castle)... Is he more of a PC or an NPC?

From what I've seen, he's a player controlled NPC, and other players have limited access to the castle (afaict from the 'Free University' thread). I think having *occasional* evil ghosts running around adds to the game.

Your mileage may vary.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I know I shouldn't but:

What dwarves do in Silberbrand:

Ivar Kraftimarm hat was Heißes in der Esse.
Highpriest Thorgrimm grinst und nickt anerkennend "Ein Prachtexemplar hast du da Ivar, darf ich es dann einmal fühlen wenn es hart ist?"
Ivar Kraftimarm nickt.
Ivar Kraftimarm: Aber nur wenn du dich heute beim Duschen nach der Seife bückst *zwinker*
Chancellor Thurbert grinst in seinen Bart "Aber heute war doch ich dran..."
Salfalur schleppt einen großen Sack in die Werkstatt und knall ihn auf den Tisch.
Highpriest Thorgrimm grinst und nickt anerkennend "Ein Prachtexemplar hast du da Salfalur, darf ich es dann einmal fühlen?"
Salfalur nickt "Ja, sind zwei ganz schön große Brocken, was?"
Chancellor Thurbert: Jungs, das Wasser ist warm, wer will duschen?
Ivar Kraftimarm: Ich! Ich!
Highpriest Thorgrimm: Ich!
Salfalur: Ich ich ich zuerst! Gibts eigentlich noch das Sprudelbier?
Ivar Kraftimarm: Au ja, und nachher schauen wir wer die größere Axt hat, *kichert*
Llama

Post by Llama »

*stares at nitram's post*

Is there a particular reason, why in a thread complaining that [english speakers complain about gm-favourism and being treated unfairly], umm... half of it is in german?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Callith wrote:I think we can all be glad you are not on the staff any more.
You talking about me?
Ivar Kraftimarm

Post by Ivar Kraftimarm »

zur zeit versuch ich eigentlich eher den anderen einen zu blasen... einen bierkrug mein ich!