Oldra blessings

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

geniios

Oldra blessings

Post by geniios »

I propose an item..child.. that can be kept in bag and taken out to play with..affect would create a mini me circling the person. this would be a RP benefit for those who like RP and are truly not in it for the slash and grab aspects which are not supposed to be the aim of this game.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

There is no point to this. You can already RP a child...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You know a children is not a pet nor an "item" that can be simply put away and get out whenever you need some entertaining...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Pellandria wrote:You know a children is not a pet nor an "item" that can be simply put away and get out whenever you need some entertaining...
What!?

Anyway, this would be awesome.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

i hate pedophiles.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Julius wrote:i hate pedophiles.
We hate you to.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

and i care why?
Irania

Post by Irania »

Shut up, this is the proposals board.

I don't care for the idea of children you can have run about. RPing it is fine enough.
Faladron

Re: Oldra blessings

Post by Faladron »

There's not much point in this, sorry that I have to tell you.
You can simply have the same effect = show others your character has a baby by using some eloquent #me's.

The game does not need an item or script for everything one might come up with, instead you got the #me command and the hope that other peoples imagination will go along with your #me's, and they usually do, so there's not much need having to have an item for that.

Besides what about the item "Baby" dropped to the floor and rot away without intent? Where to get a new one? Will the baby develop anyway or will it stay the item you suggested eternally?

You had a good idea but well... didn't express it that well, too much details about it remain unclear and I think proposals like that don't help the dev's much (as everyone of us might have an idea like that regarding the game thought about it in no time).

Browse the proposal board a little, read the proposals titled [GOOD], and compare them to your proposal. Look for what they wrote and thought about regarding the topic they wanted to improve, all the details they took into consideration and try to think about what you try to suggest in a similar way next time you do, so you write a proposal that shows you have thought about your idea other than thinking "Well, that would be cool..." so it has a chance to be discussed and approved even.

And @the spam floating above my head:
geniios

PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS IDEA!!

Post by geniios »

Cliu Beothach wrote:
Pellandria wrote:You know a children is not a pet nor an "item" that can be simply put away and get out whenever you need some entertaining...
What!?

Anyway, this would be awesome.
...a pet would be another good possible with this item.
I only want to enhance game play and seeing the child/pet would improve game play... tell me, if you only could RP flame, is that as fun as seeing it? ...this would be a "like that" benefit for non magicals.
...the persons radius may increase slightly and the item if dropped might indeed rot as would occur with a child abandoned carelessly by a parent
...activation would require laying it on ground or use of a magish command, only in common not in any magic language, as well as achieving a level of cook/farm/craft skill
..there should be an NPC or priest that sends one on a quest for birth mushroom or such to recieve item...the ability to recieve could be restricted to higher skill in cooking/farming/crafting
...these skill currently have less benefit... it would be nice for the developers to do something for other than fighter/magicals in this game tho and even they could use it too
...the item could disintegrate after a long time to simulate that child grows up and goes away[ie driven by number of times activated or skill on player listed as "caregiver", even returning it to the NPC or priest might be possible]. Some may not see potential but many in this game (older players and pet lovers) would see great potential and would love it.

PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS IDEA!!
Estralis Seborian wrote: Estralis Seborian said on thread: [RECONSIDER] Thief System

...the less fancy and the more "computable" the features are you have in

mind, the higher the probability that one can implement it.