Immernoch Übersetzer gesucht / translators still needed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Damien

Immernoch Übersetzer gesucht / translators still needed

Post by Damien »

Da ich von den zwei, die sich gemeldet hatten um einige Stadtbeschreibungen zu übersetzen, danach nie wieder etwas gehört habe, hier noch einmal ein Aufruf :

Die Stadt- und Ruinenbeschreibungen existieren bislang nur auf deutsch. Um sie auch unseren englischsprachigen Spielern zugängig zu machen, müssen diese natürlich übersetzt werden.
Da ich selbst derzeit keine Zeit dafür aufwenden kann, muß das jemand anders tun. Freiwillige bitte hier melden.

Übersetzt werden jeweils Textstücke, die maximal eine A4-Seite lang sind.

------

~The above is a request to find people willing to translate german texts into english. I won't repeat that in english cause to do the translations, one would have to understand german ;)
Llama

Post by Llama »

If you wish, I could proof-read the english texts to check for grammar errors and the like...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:If you wish, I could proof-read the english texts to check for grammar errors and the like...
Nay; that is my job.
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

wenn das nicht von zwölf bis Mittag geschehen muß, kannst du mir die Texte schicken, Damien
aber 1-2 Tage brauch ich, weil ich noch Job und Haushalt hab
Amras Telemnar

Post by Amras Telemnar »

hey die beiden texte findest du hier: http://illarion.org/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=41
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

Am Freitag ist Al-Korr übersetzt. Sorry for delay.
War mit anderen Illa-texten beschäftigt.

Grüße,
Greisling
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

Amras Telemnar wrote:hey die beiden texte findest du hier: http://illarion.org/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=41
danke Amras :)
da ich es mir in letzter Zeit abgewöhnt hab, das Forum zu durchgrasen - meine Nerven, du verstehst, bin nicht mehr die Jüngste ;) - hab ich da gar nicht geguckt.
Amras Telemnar

Post by Amras Telemnar »

Dariya wrote:........bin nicht mehr die Jüngste ;) - ........

*hüstel*
ja ja.....
Sicher wieder jemand der knapp über 20 ist und meint das Leben sei vorbei :roll:
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Die Ruinen und Städte stehen auch schon überarbeitet und strukturiert in der Illapedia (die engl. Seiten sind auch schon angelegt), von hier sind alle gut erreichbar.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Nehmt als Quelle für die Übersetzungen das Illapedia.

Unter den Stadtbeschreibungen am Forum steht eine Zusammenfassung, wer was übersetzen will. Bisher sind drei Texte zugeteilt.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Zwei Städte sind fertig übersetzt, von Greisling und Dariya. Zwei weitere werden gerade übersetzt.

Das macht bisher vier. Wir brauchen aber mehr ! ;)

---

Two towns are already translated, by Greisling and Dariya. Two more are in work.

That's already four. But we need more ! ;)
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Altfurten leicht überarbeitet in die Illapedia eingebaut:
http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... tfurten.29

(Am Ende wird plötzlich von Graufurten gesprochen?! Habe es geändert. Und was soll "Gumbler" sein - Rechschreibfehler für Grumbler oder Gambler?)

~ ~ ~

New Oldford needs translation.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Quick! Someone get the thread necro image
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Didn't we recently acquire translators for this kind of stuff Miklorius?
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Don't know. The more important part of my posting was that the text was added to Illapedia (and some smaller questions for Damien).
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I don't think there's any reason to add more than two permanent translators to the internal board. As is INT PRO is far more chaotic than I wish it was.

I can check on the status of our current translators, but I'm not willing to take more in. However, anyone who wants to volunteer their time and do it without my guidance is welcome. Just know that you might be translating something that's already in work.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

I can help with translations (German to English).

I have already translated all the german stories about the Gods from Moonsilver's site, and some books for Falk.

~PO Justin Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

Here's the Old Fords translation in case you need it. 30 minutes of translating online, then editing to make sense of some phrases. That's the quickest I can do this if I have time.
I noticed German uses too many commas, "Neverthelesses", and no pronouns for "IT", so these have to be edited each time, but it's legible, without changing the original meaning.

4.5 Oldford (Old fords)

4.5.1 The City
From the town Kang-Arr a little bit to the south a gurgling smaller river winds in the splinter sea. This is the Andrin, a branch of the Erenin which seems to detour in more northern fields without big haste, before it flows into the sea. It is just big enough to obstruct the way to travelers, so that wading the old ford here, shortens trips to the sea by a few days. As the trade route between Kang-Arr and the other Albarian metropolises won in meaning, a smaller settlement here before which was called old ford was set up. In the course of the time originated first a caravan depot and ferry services. Bit by bit a small place and the caravan depot developed became a fine hostel.
Today the houses are built from bricks, so that old fords may be called a provincial town. A greasy stone bridge stretches over the Andrin and instead of the hostel, an infamous inn “The Gumbler's Head” whose name should still be from his time as a caravan depot heartily stands.
A specific feature is that the small town has spread out only on the southern side of the river. Thus it comes when one stands directly in the main square of old fords the grubby bridge and points to the north and the houses crowd in the semicircle around the bridge. Typically for the small town are the gray-red clay bricks with which all houses were built and even the lanes were laid out. The tone comes from the area and does above all a rather dirty impression when it rains. The lanes look winding and more shady than it to quite a lot of is dear. Merely one bigger street writhes through the town and leads, in the end, to the south.

4.5.2 The Land and the People
Old fords is a principality of the Albarian empire. The direct environs as well as the town belong to the Old Fords principality to which the first lord of the manor (prince) projects. Since the first Ferry was furnished, ruled Albarian lord of the manor over the land in the Andrin. As the small town which was developed merely on the trade route from the south the political possibilities of the princes limit themselves mostly to praising flattery of the big and important towns of Albar.
In the land around old fords some smaller fields economize where one holds sheep primarily. However, quite a lot of the noble lord of the manor has if he holds something on himself, a court stable where horses are bred. The complete Albar knows ford horses have a strong build, and have penetrated, robust and weatherproof builds. However, one also says that they fall ill in especially warm-humid areas easily.
Present prince is Cadogan Kehl, commander of the Old Fords awake regiment and lord of the manor above big surface land in the south. This awake regiment is rather one on surrounding Landscape and houses a vast town guard than one standing army. However, the men of the regiment are trained conscientiously and are supplied with right equipment and corrupted guards and customs officers keep to a certain extent.

4.5.3 Specific features
In old fords one seems to find partly fallen Norodaj names which are interfered then with the family names of Albar. Further non-noble unities of the awake regiment with horses are also trained to be able to protect the environs. Light cavalry from old fords is pulled on occasion in the war service and it means, these men would connect norodaj talent with Albarian discipline and are determined fighters.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Could you wikify that, dear? =)
Tuatha De Oldrann

I'm not good at that wiki stuff. It's been a year and half since I tried.

Can someone else do that?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Wish Granted. I put it on the wiki, changed a word, made it similar to the other ones, and it should be good to go.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Added the translation to the Illapedia with only very minor changes.

EDIT: Damn, I started "wikifying" the same time. I will incorporate now Vern's changes.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Great, thanks guys. I'll work on some other translations then.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Miklorius wrote:Altfurten leicht überarbeitet in die Illapedia eingebaut:
http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... tfurten.29

(Am Ende wird plötzlich von Graufurten gesprochen?! Habe es geändert. Und was soll "Gumbler" sein - Rechschreibfehler für Grumbler oder Gambler?)

~ ~ ~

New Oldford needs translation.
"Gumbler" ist wirklich ein rechtschreibfehler und soll Grumbler heißen. Das habe ich nun in Illa ausgebessert.
Danke das du das "Graufurten" gefunden hast, wenn man über den eigenen Text liest übersieht man sowas. Schließlich solls doch bei Altfruten bleiben. :wink:

Grüße
Rincewind