Artifacts

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gilthas

Artifacts

Post by Gilthas »

Now I had an idea about implementing artifacts into Illarion before. I never posted it because I forgot about it. Today I was rummaging through my Microsoft Word Files and found my idea again. So here it is:

As Illarion is a fantasy game, I think it would be really fun to add Artifacts to the game. Artifacts would be items that benefit the character who owns one in one way or another. Some artifacts would be more "common" while others would be extraordinarily rare.

If a player chooses to "use" an artifact they are stuck with that artifact for life. Players can only use the abilities of one artifact for the rest of their time unless by certain rare occurences the artifact is removed or broken. ((GM Intervention))

Artifacts would be obtained by quests, finding one IG somehow,((digging a certain spot, mining a certain rock, maybe cutting down a certain tree in the forest, etc.)) Artifacts would be fused with characters though and so would be a non-loseable item once it is activated. So say someone has an active Artifact but are killed. That item will not be lost.

Artifacts could be anything. A sword. A magic robe. Maybe a hatchet. A general concept of abilities artifacts might have could be as such.

The Eye of Dremoth

To use it: A ritual or ceremony of some kind involving removing one of your own eyes and placing the Artifact as your new eye. ((RP))

Abilties: You can see the life force of living things. ((A sort of health bar for characters and npcs))

or:

Ushara's Hand

To use it: Place the necklace around your neck and go pray at an altar to Ushara for her blessing.

Abilities: Makes you slightly better at farming.((A small skill boost, makes it easier to gain exp from farming, or when you harvest crops/seeds you get more from it. Something like that.))

Now anyone who had an Artifact would have to let a GM know A) to activate it B) So GM's can keep track of them and C) To prevent people from possibly abusing them. Artifacts would also be meant for the user's benefit only. Of course as with any new thing people would try to abuse them. I mean that is common knowledge in any game. I believe though with work that this could become a fun idea for the game and present new RP to it.

If the staff likes this idea I think it should mainly be players who do most of the work. A team would need to be assembled of people who create designs or ideas for artifacts. ((other players could PM these people if they had ideas also)) There would need to be 2 or 3 people with a graphic design program of sorts to actualy make the artifact. One person((this would probably need to be a staff member)) would need to code these items into the game. Before any of this though once the Artifacts were imagined those ideas would need to be run through the whole staff so they could pick what artifacts can/should be implemented into the game and what ones can not/shouldn't be implemented.

I think this could be a fun idea and people would really enjoy it. Plus, some Artifacts may need to go through a group of people. So to add to the RP before you can use the Artifact((mostly for rarer ones)) you might need to find a good smith to hammer it and add a special blend of gem dust or something to imbue it with power, and then maybe a mage to actually activate it. Something along those lines. Well that is my idea for the most part. I am sure I left some things out of it because I have though of this idea for a long time now and the longer you think fo something without writing it down the more you forget it.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

I like the general concept but I doubt the gm's are willing to put in the work that it would take.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I think it would be better if they could be taken if killed but they would be extreamly rare. Whole wars could be started over such powerful items excpecially weapons.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Erm, no offense, but why did you decide to post in a topic that was started.. 1 year ago?