New system?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

nmaguire

New system?

Post by nmaguire »

This is carrying on from the "good/bad days" topic, because I think it needs some more discussion, because it seems to me that it makes quite a big impact, and some of the stuff needs explanation.
Nitram wrote:The changes are impressive small (a good fighter, stays
a good one and a bad fighter stays bad. Its comparable to a skillchange of 2 or 3 points )
The changes to me seem pretty damn big, considering before this was implemented my char could solo a demon skeleton, no trouble, ending with anything from 40-100% hp. NOW, it seems that ALL THE TIME he has to run from the demon skeletons AT LEAST TWICE. And when you have slashing and parry 80 & 90s, and dodge and tactics 65-70, it seems that building up yours chars skills gradually for a year and a half is a complete waste of time, you may as well just leave your skills at blue and wait for a good day to come along.
Nitram wrote:It puts some more randomness into the game
Is this supposed to be a good thing?
Nitram wrote:It took me less the one minute
Shouldn't take too long to change back then.
Nitram wrote:It is worth it
Elaborate?
Nitram wrote:Its not worth to discuss about it
Why not?
abcfantasy

Re: New system?

Post by abcfantasy »

nmaguire wrote:The changes to me seem pretty damn big, considering before this was implemented my char could solo a demon skeleton, no trouble, ending with anything from 40-100% hp. NOW, it seems that ALL THE TIME he has to run from the demon skeletons AT LEAST TWICE. And when you have slashing and parry 80 & 90s, and dodge and tactics 65-70, it seems that building up yours chars skills gradually for a year and a half is a complete waste of time, you may as well just leave your skills at blue and wait for a good day to come along.
You're exagerating. And you must have been unlucky. I highly doubt it was this particular system that made it so.
nmaguire wrote:
Nitram wrote:It puts some more randomness into the game
Is this supposed to be a good thing?
abcfantasy wrote:It might be good in the sense that there is more randomness, thus someone X who can definitely beat someone Y today, perhaps Y could have a small chance another day.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

abcfantasy wrote:You're exagerating. And you must have been unlucky. I highly doubt it was this particular system that made it so.
No, I'm serious, and unlucky 4 days in a row?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I can no longer solo two demon skeletons at once since a week now.

+ other things.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No you get pwnd my slightly stronger demon skeletons. That was done to avoid that certin characters are able to solo that high end monsters.

Do not mix up the changes. ( and yes, that was done at completly different times )

Nitram
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Stronger demon skeletons.. That explains it all!
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

stronger skeletons should imply a better loot off them ;)
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:stronger skeletons should imply a better loot off them ;)
Yeah, since 20 copper isn't really worth sharing, and you used to be able to get twice that from normal skeletons.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

But we all allready know that figther and mages are the richest chars on illa, this is why we need to keep on making changes to decrease the usefullness of these chars.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Pellandria wrote:But we all allready know that figther and mages are the richest chars on illa, this is why we need to keep on making changes to decrease the usefullness of these chars.
Sorry to disappoint you but there are some real damn rich crafters out there and poorer firghters. It is actually closer than you think, the richest person I know IG is a crafter and he has like 25 gold. So sorry to burst a bubble in your theory.

Also, crafters don't get much money if fighters can't beat the monsters when you make them stronger.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Richard Cypher wrote:
Pellandria wrote:But we all allready know that figther and mages are the richest chars on illa, this is why we need to keep on making changes to decrease the usefullness of these chars.
Sorry to disappoint you but there are some real damn rich crafters out there and poorer firghters. It is actually closer than you think, the richest person I know IG is a crafter and he has like 25 gold. So sorry to burst a bubble in your theory.

Also, crafters don't get much money if fighters can't beat the monsters when you make them stronger.
Actually, I think pella was being sarcastic. :wink:
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Eh I think its pretty lame that dominic is at the point that he boasts about killing such things any way. "Ah Taliss up for a duel? seems that though you have spent your entire life in a militant manner..and endured years of training I have surpassed you in only a month". hurray for roleplaying.
Last edited by Taliss Kazzxs on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:
Richard Cypher wrote:

Actually, I think pella was being sarcastic. :wink:
Not in Will and Dom's case, Crommy :P .

Here's three things:
1. If you're gonna make demon skeletons pwnz0r, make em drop magical longswords at long last.
2. If you're gonna make demon skeletons pwnz0r the best warriors ig, wtf are the demons like? O_o . Couldn't you have just implemented some of them?
3. The dragon is a joke; it was hard enough to kill already and now it does crits practically every slash and breaks armours extremely quickly, and yet the only things I've seen dragons drop are rings, gold nuggets and gems. Gold nuggets a LOT and they are useless and crap; gems too. The high quality rings are good, I suppose, but considering the amount of better items there are I think it should at least drop something that'd make it worth fighting. If people wanted gems and nuggets they'd fight a rock with a pickaxe, not a dragon with your equipment which will break on contact. If what I saw from Dom is true, I guess mage characters will not take 1 hit from a dragon in armour.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Eh I think its pretty lame that dominic is at the point that he boasts about killing such things any way. "Ah Taliss up for a duel? seems that though you have spent your entire life in a militant manner..and endured years of training I have surpassed you in only a month". hurray for roleplaying.
Oh Taliss, you are a horrible PGer. In less than a month I could beat Dom. :D
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

For openig this topic only I will spawn three demon skeletons directly next to Dominic when he logs in next time.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I think that was Taliss' point. Years ig of training which makes sence rp wise vs one real life month of pging which makes sence... wait... it never made sence rp wise when it comes to a completely new fighter character. Quest characters maybe. But people who suddenly devote their life to the sword... nope.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Dom has been Nathan's main (and active) char for a year and a half. Why should an active and long-term played char not be stronger than others? >_>
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

simple..a month ago he sucked now he dosnt, thats why. In fact if im not mistaken it was only a short time back he didnt fight at all. (ex. Dusty Bottoms was played very often suddenly he became a better swords man than some of the best fighters in the game...)sounds a bit lame yes?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. wtf Dom was always a fighter. To put it simply: There are people who can get higher skills than Dom in a month; you were inactive for a month, Dom continued to train (probably had a better training method than you + mage friends who can heal) and has great equipment..

I guess in a fortnight some people could get higher skills than you so I think Dom is the least of your concerns.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

flame flame
spam spam
question answered question answered
close close
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

... question not answered actually.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

It was.

Cloooooseeeeee!
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:I think that was Taliss' point. Years ig of training which makes sence rp wise vs one real life month of pging which makes sence... wait... it never made sence rp wise when it comes to a completely new fighter character. Quest characters maybe. But people who suddenly devote their life to the sword... nope.
Oh, I've seen 'people' take some fighting training with two shields a few days ago. I wondered why it was at all possible to hold two shields, but I decided to ignore it since this seems to be.. fashion!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

abcfantasy wrote:It was.

Cloooooseeeeee!
No close, because the new subject is: Why are all the better monsters still having crap drops even though they pwn now, and what benefits does this "good day/bad day" thing bring?
pharse

Post by pharse »

avoid detailed planning based on skills and attribs?

Randomness promises a more flexible and intuitive use of roleplay especially when it comes to fighting.

I think it is okay.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I do not mind the fact that it can increase or decrease fighting, spells, gathering of items, list goes on, ect ect. I do NOT like the fact that it DOES effect the making of items. Being more likely to fail an item, especially a difficult to make item, that requires things that need to be made before, (e.g. poisoned serinjah)can end up wasting an item, that you spent a long time getting. I have no issue if it just is not made well, or fails due how it broke before, but if it would break due to an edit, that was not announced, and is somewhat silly, makes me slightly annoyed. But I am just having a bad day.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

AlexRose wrote:.. wtf Dom was always a fighter. To put it simply: There are people who can get higher skills than Dom in a month; you were inactive for a month, Dom continued to train (probably had a better training method than you + mage friends who can heal) and has great equipment..

I guess in a fortnight some people could get higher skills than you so I think Dom is the least of your concerns.
Man.. The more I read your arguments around this forum the more I begin to thing you miss the entire concept of this game we all play. It isn’t ..or shouldn’t be about racing to gain skill just so we can cloud each other. There shouldn’t be a players "training method" to begin with but instead a player should role-play and let his training come from within the encounters he experiences. The fact that I was inactive for three weeks does not tie into this though it may that I did not spend my last three weeks hacking on bones and breathing dust in an inhuman manner. It may be that Im just in a pissy mood today but this is more or less how I see it.

Laid out simply, just for you
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:(ex. Dusty Bottoms was played very often suddenly he became a better swords man than some of the best fighters in the game...)sounds a bit lame yes?
LOL!

Dusty was a better archer than ever a swordsman! I barely could kill a skeleton in the crypt, never a Troll or a demon skeleton, are you kidding?It took me like three months IG, to even become that good with a sword. No, his crafts always came first.

Bad example Taliss, sorry.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

:lol: that was metaphorically speaking .
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Convenient.

Regardless, can we like.. try not to argue so the thread doesn't get closed with unanswered questions as per usual?