New system?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Lol, He's already made like 10 since he got banned.

- Matt
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Yeah, you can't block some one from playing... They can change their IP and MAC address, they can RP with different people, they can make different characters. All of this can be done in about 5 minutes.

I'll quote my self since only one person could think of a logical response (Tyrone's was far from logical....he has no idea what he speaks of :P).

Code: Select all

I think the fact that we (now) have 3 general monster ranges is a problem.

Easy(1-20 levels in fighting can beat):
Flies/Swarms
Scorpions
Mummies/Zombies
Skeletons
Wolves
Panthers
Bandits

Medium monsters(20-60 skills can beat):
Gnolls
Spiders
Ogers
Trolls

Impossible monsters(No one???):
Demon Skeletons
Liches
Dragons
Golems
Drow

I might have missed out on a few monsters. That is basically all though. What is a fighter supposed to do from the levels 60 on? It is boring for them when they have no one to rp with or when they want coins to buy something larger or perhaps a "decent" armor. I'm sure the new system will be balanced better, but we still have no high-mid leveled monsters.
This part is on topic ;)
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

is this new system "good/bad days" effecting my carpenter/char to not be able to craft half of what he used to? I mean common...my carpenter used to be able to craft several types of shields and bows and now he can make a wooden shield and arrows...no bows. Also i could craft many handles and staves...now there are no staves and my axe and sword handles are gone too. IF this is the idea of only a few skill points lost then so be it but to loose that much? seems really unfair what one day you can craft at least 1`0 things and the next you suddenly forget? if thats what this game is coming to is you have to PG to get to be able to create the things you need but theres no guarantee that if you do gain the needed skill that what you wanted to make will be there or not? ITS A FREEKING GAME STOP TAKING ALL THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING WHO CARES IF PEOPLE CAN COME RIGHT IN AND 2 WEEKS LATER THEY ARE MASTERS? EVERYONE WHO ENJOYS RPING WILL STAY AROUND AND THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO RAISE THEIR SKILLS CAN DO IT THEN LEAVE BECAUSE THEY WONT BE ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL HAVE MAXED SKILLS AND THEN THERE CAN BE FUN WARS AGAINST TOWNS AND QUESTS THAT CAN BE FUN (not saying some arnt now but this could add so much more) WHERE IS THE FUN ANYMORE??
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

questions:
1. what is your char's dexterity?
2. mm.. did you ever check when the new crafting system (which is months ago) came around?
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Gabon Corad wrote:ITS A FREEKING GAME STOP TAKING ALL THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING WHO CARES IF PEOPLE CAN COME RIGHT IN AND 2 WEEKS LATER THEY ARE MASTERS? EVERYONE WHO ENJOYS RPING WILL STAY AROUND AND THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO RAISE THEIR SKILLS CAN DO IT THEN LEAVE BECAUSE THEY WONT BE ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL HAVE MAXED SKILLS AND THEN THERE CAN BE FUN WARS AGAINST TOWNS AND QUESTS THAT CAN BE FUN (not saying some arnt now but this could add so much more) WHERE IS THE FUN ANYMORE??
/signed
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I made a fighter.. Went to the zombies caves. cleared out the zombies the skeletons. and a mage
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A little off topic, mainly on topic:
By raising red skeletons, whose drops suck horribly as it is. Now the only monster that higher level fighters can actually fight to train on and get something to sell, they can not even beat. So now you have to go there and for each red skeleton split 15 coppers two ways, and a needle or some scissors? Yeah okay very realistic.
Agreed
What is a fighter supposed to do from the levels 60 on
I realize the goal is groups, but what is the point of groups to split such low drops? Also, this being a RP game, what if your char is RP'd as not a "groupie" which some are? Is this simply to discourage increasing skills?

I am fine with groups, but the number, and drops should be reasonable. If the group takes 3 good fighters and a mage, the drop should be enough that all can split and worth their time and the extra copper it will take for potions/armor and weapon loss etc.

(the good bad days makes this even worse, now you may need to plan an extra char for the higher end and even less of a split)
WHO CARES IF PEOPLE CAN COME RIGHT IN AND 2 WEEKS LATER THEY ARE MASTERS
Agreed, I know it may bother some who have been ig and spent a lot of time building their skills, but it has never bothered me. The time RPing the training was fun, however after a certain level, the system as it is now actually discourages small groups. It takes more then 2-3 on most of the higher end, and the drops are too small on the middle end for 2-3 chars to split.. therefore, you find your char either RPing, or if need copper for potions/armor etc. going alone.
But a demon skeleton should not necessarily be one just because they are from hell doesnt mean they should be unbeatable by a human
Agreed

I realize the goal is to encourage groups, RP, and discourage chars from being either uber strong, or uber rich.. IMO this is not possible totally, there will always be some that by PG or/and knowledge will be this higher end. Unless there is a serious RP problem, this shouldn't bother anyone else, if a RP problem, then instead of constantly trying to change the game to suit one or two chars, address the issue with the PO.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Being the one with the unpopular opinions, I will venture to say that I like the good day/bad day idea. I like the little bit of randomness that it adds, taking away the pre-determined outcome. I experienced a "bad day" with my fighter character and only noticed the difference when I had her cook sausages. I had a "good day" with my crafter character and was able to make an item not usually on her list. Both were fine. It's been ages since I got a new item for my crafter, so that was nice... and there was no harm done to my fighter. I think this is such a small change that we should wait and see how it really affects us before complaining about it.

Thumbs up!

(( I ran this idea past a player from another game who said he scripted something similar once where married characters would get a minor skill gain when they were within sight of their marriage partners. It's not that new an idea apparently. ))
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Fianna Heneghan wrote:Being the one with the unpopular opinions, I will venture to say that I like the good day/bad day idea. I like the little bit of randomness that it adds, taking away the pre-determined outcome. I experienced a "bad day" with my fighter character and only noticed the difference when I had her cook sausages. I had a "good day" with my crafter character and was able to make an item not usually on her list. Both were fine. It's been ages since I got a new item for my crafter, so that was nice... and there was no harm done to my fighter. I think this is such a small change that we should wait and see how it really affects us before complaining about it.

Thumbs up!

(( I ran this idea past a player from another game who said he scripted something similar once where married characters would get a minor skill gain when they were within sight of their marriage partners. It's not that new an idea apparently. ))
We did see how it affected us, witch is why we complained. Some of us disliked the idea that you forget how to do something the next day that you have been doing weeks. How does one explain randomly knowing how to make an armor today and just forgetting the next day when they even have that item in their depot to look at? You can't. The fighting aspect is also annoying to some of us. True, it is not a huge change, but it does make things less stable and gives you a chance to go fight something one day and kill it, and the next day get clouded by it.

Also look at the little point that my post above is not about this change, it is about the change in the demon skeletons and the fact the monster differences are not quite what we need. I posted this based on Nitram's post about the demon skeletons and a long annoyance of the monsters/drops (Witch I know are being changed soon).