programer i found

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Garen

programer i found

Post by Garen »

hey, iv got a friend who knows a bit about programming and he's willing to help. soon he's going to check the site out an dprobaly make an account and all that, then post on here. :)
i guess itsw up the who knows how to do that stuff now,
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

A bit?

:roll:

I know a bit, and it's just enough to be dangerous!
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

You should ask him what language he knows first. I think for Illa we need Lua and erm...Java? Not too sure
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

C++ - Server
Java - Client
Lua - Scripts

The scripts handle fighting, magic, crafting and such. The server basically handles everything, the client displays the results and plays some sounds.

Lua is easy to learn for it has much in common with other object-oriented languages. A real programmer won't have any problems learning it, but he has to do it on his own. The necessary ressources are available.
Haniel Raynn

Post by Haniel Raynn »

I might be able to help some. I work a lot and live in the US, but I'll try to take on Lua. Could I get some resources? If the devs need me of course...
Grant

Post by Grant »

Is it Lua 5.12 or what? Cause I can do dat stuff.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

They need everyone they can get to help :P. Ive been so busy prepping for college and stuff or id be helping, actaully. Anyone who wants to message me via msn or aim i can send the stuff they sent me about lua, along with one of my npc's i made that was going to be a quest but never got implemented. But he's simple enough to give a good idea how they'd work.