Recruiting Players

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Recruiting Players

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I have not seen an active 'campaign' to recruit players.

I would like to see some Banners/Flyers made, Notices printed or 'advertisement' that we, the players could use.

Maybe something could be developed by the staff to be posted on the Internet or even printed on paper to hand out telling people about Illa?

It would have to come from the staff because of legal issues of copyright. But why not use the players to try to recruit others?

Can we get some advertisements printed that we could hand out or post?
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

sure, if you pay it
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

hmmm...

i am for more players.

but i am afraid, that advertising will bring us a lot of the wrong types of players.
for my feelings we got allready enough ctrl-click players, who are too dumb for anything above cybering or fighting.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

@Korm: Exactly how I feel.

@Dusty: You really want these pr()n bots back on the off topic board? They came from advertising.

And yes, we don't want to get more runescapers to come to illa frankly.
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Korm Kormsen wrote:cybering or fighting.
Don't insults me pls.

And I liked it with 20 people on during an event.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Wait a moment - advertising does not mean necessarily that only "omfg lolz i pwn liek uber"-players get attracted. Illarion needs more players and you know, the more, the merrier. The key to success is to promote Illa where roleplayers meet and also, players of other games like Tibia might search for a true RPG. Always remember the history of this game and why it was created in the first place.

If you really want to help promoting Illa, contact Alatar. He can supply you with informations.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Wait a moment - advertising does not mean necessarily that only "omfg lolz i pwn liek uber"-players get attracted. Illarion needs more players and you know, the more, the merrier. The key to success is to promote Illa where roleplayers meet and also, players of other games like Tibia might search for a true RPG. Always remember the history of this game and why it was created in the first place.

If you really want to help promoting Illa, contact Alatar. He can supply you with informations.
On roleplay forums.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I fear..the bad thing is that Illarion is not quiete "ready" yet, we still got alot of bugs to fix annd things to change, if we advertise now, we maybe never get a second chance later.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The funny thing is that I read the same argument two years ago. Illarion will never be finished - since we have a good fighting and crafting system now and at least 1/4 of the magic systems is working (even though some parts are not satisfying), I'd say Illarion has reached quite a mature level.

One cannot reach all candidates with one email and millions of gamers won't check out the game at once. Constant promoting is better than no promotion and waiting for a day that will never come.
Theon

Post by Theon »

I'm in tight with the boys at Runescape, want any?
Salhari

Post by Salhari »

There are alot of book stores and hobby places that would be happy to promote a game such as this. I can think of 2 and I live in a very... weird place. Why not have players simply call these places, tell them about the game, and have them make poster or such to hang up at the store. Or make the posters and hang them up yourself. It would only, really, attract players that WANT roleplay, like dnd and cyberpunk 2020 and such, to play the game. What do you think?

might work.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

it depends on the right advertisement. If you hand out such flyers on a Diablo 2 contest you know what players we get. But some flyers in a fantasy/RPG shop can bring us more "right" players
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

theres a great roleplaying community at santharia.com I use to hang around. I'm sure if we told them about illa at least some would be interested and checking it out.
Garen

Post by Garen »

heh, i still have an account tibia and i can make one easy on runescape. i think i'll go around sometime this weekend when i get to a better comeputer and talk to people, lol

and when school starts back up, ill tell people about it. *sighs* if only i had a better computer, :roll: lol
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Garen wrote:heh, i still have an account tibia and i can make one easy on runescape. i think i'll go around sometime this weekend when i get to a better comeputer and talk to people, lol

and when school starts back up, ill tell people about it. *sighs* if only i had a better computer, :roll: lol
DON'T DARE BRING PEOPLE FROM RUNESCAPE
Garen

Post by Garen »

rofl, i realy didnt want to, but i thought, hell, i should probaly ask just in case.
:P

*shrugs*

ok, just tibia then. i can check the guilds for one that role-plays.
Garen

Post by Garen »

the thing wiont let me editmy post...

well, i will if it doesnt take me a long time to download the new crap they've got
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Is it allowed to design banners of illarion and post them in your signature in other forums? That would be some kind of advertisement for free.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

In case those banners are looking good, feel free to share them ;)
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Perhaps people with myspace should try looking for or creating roleplaying communities (or whatever they have, i dont really know) and then just mention Illarion to these people. I mean, myspace has a shed load of people and I know people on here have myspace so that could be utilised. This way you're not really advertising, your seeking out like minded people to be friends with and telling them about this game you like that they might too. Plus more friends means more influence in Illarion.

*hint hint*
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Nitram wrote:In case those banners are looking good, feel free to share them ;)
Is it alright to use some pictures on-site if want to make banners then?
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

I have a comic book store near-by. I could send in a poster. LOTS of DnD nerds down there.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

If we are allowed to use the pictures from the Illarion website and game, I would be more than willing to work on making some banners and such over the summer. Lucky that vacations start tomorrow, eh?
Taeryon Silverlight

Azuros wrote:If we are allowed to use the pictures from the Illarion website and game, I would be more than willing to work on making some banners and such over the summer
same here
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

why need a whole summer?

here it is:
(somebody needs to add the code for a picture link for PHP based forums)

<a href="http://illarion.org/general/de ... .JPG"></a>

Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Code: Select all

[url=http://illarion.org][img]http://kormsen.ko.funpic.de/bilder/illarion1.JPG[/img][/url]

Wont let me type the HTML code.
Theon

Post by Theon »

I wouldn't click that.
Taeryon Silverlight

Same here. I think it makes the game somehow look unreputable.
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Loelz, I ownzor teh internets.

[url=http://illarion.org][img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6484/lolzielownshn7.png[/img][/url]
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

fine, you two, just make something better (in five minutes).