A player is being a jerk

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hysidres

A player is being a jerk

Post by Hysidres »

An orc character, who comes up on my screen as Someone (1987621854) is being, you guessed it, a jerk. The guy, for no rp reason, asks a guy for his name, and when the man declines, he kills him. I try to help, he kills me. He tells my ghost "I never want to see you again" And I res myself. That was a few days ago. Now today, I ran into him in the library. Not knowing it was him, I say Hi. After a while he says "I thought I said I never wanted to see you again!" and since he took a while to respond, I had to check on something. He takes this as ignoring him, and kills me again. I res myself again, then go to a store, in there, he's killing another person. He accuses me of being a bad roleplayer (a grave insult on my part...) and breaking rules, because I'm telling him he can't wantonly kill people in ooc chat. Then he says that I'm not roleplaying right, because right after you are ressed, you're supposed to play your character as being gravely wounded... how he got that notion, I don't know. What should I do? And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I don't know where else to.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

That's what !gm is for ;)

While ingame, type in !gm [your message explaining the offensive player] and hit enter, and it will be sent directly to someone who can help you.

Or find the contact info for a Seer GM (links on the contact page of the main site)
Azuros

Re: A player is being a jerk

Post by Azuros »

Hysidres wrote:you're supposed to play your character as being gravely wounded... how he got that notion, I don't know.
On that point, he is right, one should roleplay wounds after being clouded.

However, his behavior seems to be rather problematic so I suggest the !gm feature, or I also think there is an email link on the main page to submit complaints.
Hysidres

Post by Hysidres »

why play wounds after you die, and then come back? That would be pointless, because then you'd just die of your fatal wounds, again, and again, over and over again. Shouldn't you just play that you're weak, like it says you are?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Your not dieing, but your wounds take time to heal still. Generally avoiding dieing via running and the like is a good idea.
Hysidres

Post by Hysidres »

I see what you're saying, and, just so you know, I didn't have a chance to run away.
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

thats not an excuse for good roleplay or bad.. giving someone no time to react on things is bad RP, you do have a point. but never the less you have to keep roleplaying it after getting "clouded" or "ghosted".

But you said there were a few days between, so i think acusing you of not keeping by the guidelines of good RP, would be senseless to your benefit. A few days, lets say 3 OOC days are 9 IG days, which is sureley enough time to heal a rought, but not fatal wound. Thus, your character acted right.

(P.S. ~ Accusing players of being a jerk is not keeping by the guidelines either, BTW. Better change the topic title.. :wink:
Hysidres

Post by Hysidres »

I don't know how to change the topic, but, he was... for lack of a better pg word, a jerk. He'd break almost all rp rules, then accuse me of being a bad rper.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I think it was the same orc that I had a problem with. I was on my dwarf.. smithing and minding my own business as this orc comes along demanding me to make him something. He wants me to make it now and for free.(I think ok..hes being...hostile but the rp is still decent) So, I tell him, which I tell all my customers who randomly approach me. "It will be a day or two before I can even make your order since I do not have the materials here or time I needed." The orcs says "No now!" or something like this. I said, "I can't" so he attacked me...I ran around until I lost time..(I didn't report him cause I was to lazy to do so...)

No point to the story other than if it was the same guy I agree he was a super-uber-ultimate-JERK!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Lrmy wrote:I think it was the same orc that I had a problem with. I was on my dwarf.. smithing and minding my own business as this orc comes along demanding me to make him something. He wants me to make it now and for free.(I think ok..hes being...hostile but the rp is still decent) So, I tell him, which I tell all my customers who randomly approach me. "It will be a day or two before I can even make your order since I do not have the materials here or time I needed." The orcs says "No now!" or something like this. I said, "I can't" so he attacked me...I ran around until I lost time..(I didn't report him cause I was to lazy to do so...)

No point to the story other than if it was the same guy I agree he was a super-uber-ultimate-JERK!
I know this orc. He attacked someone who wouldn't cook food for him.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I'm already watching him since a while.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

erm.. orc behaviour? They aren't supposed to be nice i guess
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

That's what I want to find out.
Gazkull

Post by Gazkull »

[offtopic]
Actually I think orcs should be much nastier then they all are. But that would just make his life a short one. :wink:
[/offtopic]
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:erm.. orc behaviour? They aren't supposed to be nice i guess
Sure, but that doesn't mean they should just pk people.
Elian

Post by Elian »

I know who that orc is, and he's a better roleplayer than most of you will ever dream of being.

He plays an ORC, and plays his ORC like ORCs should be. He's rough, he's brutal and mean. He roleplays PERFECTLY fine, and roleplay with him is VERY enjoyable. I doubt he's attacked anyone without a valid roleplay before it. Sure, he might be attacking a lot, being rough, but that's what most orcs should be like. And he surely assumes the consequences of doing so (He gets beat up by mercenaries quite often, along with humiliated.) yet he carries on playing his orc like he should, and sticking to his character.

Of course, there should always be 'moderated' orcs, who are still rough, but not bloodthirsty, and I think we already have enough of those. I think that orc is perfectly well played, and we needed some of those. The PO KNOWS what happens when his orc goes into town, he knows that the orc will be kicked out by force, yet he carries on playing, because that adds fun to the game.

When your character, a small dwarf, halfling, or human, that can't fight for shit, sees an angry orc growl, they should at least have SOME kind of fear, turn around, and GTFO to alert authorities.

Don't whine when players are roleplaying their race correctly.
Moonsilver.de is the 'official' illarion informational source. Go read about orcs, and come back.
Elian

Post by Elian »

Wait, if we're not speaking about Gazkull, then ignore that reply of mine up there. (Sorry for double-post, my connection won't allow me to edit =_=)
Gazkull

Post by Gazkull »

William Elderberry wrote:I know this orc. He attacked someone who wouldn't cook food for him.
I'm not the orc mentioned by the first poster, nor the one Lrmy mentioned. But my orc did attack someone who didn't cook the meat, but obviously it was all rped.

@Elian: Erm...Thanks. :oops:
Damien

Post by Damien »

Anyhow, we do have a description for illarion orcs and orcish religions and such stuff on the Background Info forum. :wink:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Well if it is Gazkull, the char is rped very well, how an orc should be, but nowadays less ctrl clicking and more rp fighting would be nice. Giving the opponent the chance to escape.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

AlexRose wrote:Well if it is Gazkull, the char is rped very well, how an orc should be, but nowadays less ctrl clicking and more rp fighting would be nice. Giving the opponent the chance to escape.
*cough* dusty bottoms *cough*
pharse

Post by pharse »

Pellandria wrote:
AlexRose wrote:Well if it is Gazkull, the char is rped very well, how an orc should be, but nowadays less ctrl clicking and more rp fighting would be nice. Giving the opponent the chance to escape.
*cough* dusty bottoms *cough*
superfluously.
Gazkull

Post by Gazkull »

AlexRose wrote:...but nowadays less ctrl clicking and more rp fighting would be nice. Giving the opponent the chance to escape.
Yes, I really would like that. I'm trying to rp all my fights in fact hehe.

Problem is, I think people may find it bugging that they spend hours training, then someone who trained less comes with an rp fight, like making their training useless.
Theon

Post by Theon »

Ctrl + clicking is for noobs.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

alt clicking is for gods :P
Tann

Post by Tann »

Ive been attacked by such an orc before, I was asked for my trade and when I said "I have no trade" he shouted "HOW DARE YOU" then attacked me without any #me's of attack. I managed to escape out of the town then he shouted "And dont come back!"
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Tann wrote:Ive been attacked by such an orc before, I was asked for my trade and when I said "I have no trade" he shouted "HOW DARE YOU" then attacked me without any #me's of attack. I managed to escape out of the town then he shouted "And dont come back!"
I prefer

"YEAH YOU'D BETTER RUN!"
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Gazkull wrote:[offtopic]
Actually I think orcs should be much nastier then they all are. But that would just make his life a short one. :wink:
[/offtopic]
Considering the nature of the attacks the orc has made, speaking about orc's behaviors is not an off-topic discussion. I do play an orc I've had for the better part of two years. I can also say, not one person has played an orc exactly to Damien's description(actively). At least not in the time I have been around all these orcs. Many people do play closely to this description. It is the same with all races. Look at all of those race description and think, "Who matches this exactly?" Anyways, I know you can play a mean, nasty, trouble causing orc without breaking any rules or making people mad OOC. I also would like to add two side notes. (orcs are not 6ft tall huge monsters, they are supposed to be shorter than humans. I do enjoy RPing the orc being discussed in this thread with my orc, he just needs some time around other orcs in the game...all three of us that play them should do so more. )
Parod

Post by Parod »

It could also be up to interpretation, how an orc is played "If a human insults an orc, the orc wouldn't immediatly strike him with a weapon, instead he would make a fierce, suiting answer, trying to make the other one look stupid. But since the orcish humor appears a little rough compared to a human's, it takes a lot for a human to insult an orc", but I agree, orc's should be ig more. Usually there are only one or two, rarely more. A possibility for this orc
he just needs some time around other orcs in the game
Barz Shufthag

Post by Barz Shufthag »

I don't believe I've ran into this orc ig, but I agree with all other orc players, we need to hang out ig more! Leb's Go Bruddahs and Sisdahs! :D