I quit this game

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Meryadeles

I quit this game

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Yes, you heard right, I stop playing illarion, with all my chars. and i wont return.

The reason?

This night martin and vilarion destroyed the seahorse mansion. they tried a new and stupid feature ingame. when my char saw a man knocking at her door, right after a gm char teleported her ,away from some rp i had , infront of the door...by accident, so he said, samantha asked him what he wants. the man said he wishes to sell a fire insurance. samantha had no interest. why should she? just someone new to the isle trying to earn quickmoney. also i wanted to return to the rp from which the gm teleported me away. by accident he said, seems it was not really by accident.
the next moment the seahorse in was burning and i could do nothing against it. it burned down in a few seconds and as good as everything got destroyed in it.

and martin and vilarion told me "shit happens". my own fault that i haven't bought the insurance. my house won't be rebuilt by them, i have to do it myself and pay it myself.

I can't accept this shit. neither had i ever a real chance, nor was this fair. they simply destroyed samanthas house out of a mood. and now I shall repair everything myself. everything for which i worked so hard in this game.

not with me...this is enough. i quit this game. i wont continue playing. not with treatment like that. not with mafia like happenings like that.
I would write to GM_Abuse...but what should that change? nothing...as if that would have any use against two powerful members of the staff like Vilarion and martin.

see ya all, i am sure many will be happy now. i am gone.

Patric

PO:
Samantha Meryadeles
Shandariel el Lysanthrai
Ghorn
Kl'urk

I am sorry for the players of the students of Samantha, but they wont learn magic now. they can thank vilarion and martin for that.

i am sorry for Siltaris and her player, whom i leave back with a ruin that was once her house. but she may aswell thanlk martin and vilarion for this.

i say thank you to all the great players with whom i had roleplay for the last 5 years...it was a great time. but sadly, some idiots from the staff destroyed it for me.

Farewell everyone.
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Wed May 16, 2007 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gildon de Vymont

Post by Gildon de Vymont »

That was very immature of the Vilarion and Martin, by the way. Me and Samantha has had some rough times in the past, but this is just ridiculous. Burning a house because you felt like it? That's clearly immature, and it has a bit of a force RP to it, since she couldn't do anything about it.

Comeon, guys.. you know better. :(
martin

Post by martin »

Magnificent roleplay, Samantha.

Looks like you can just follow those "linear quests" that you moan about frequently. Everything that differs from your favourite scenario is bad, stupid or whatever. Fine.

Don't complain, play it or leave, I don't care. Seems as if you don't like Illarion when your char is not on the winning side, but what I've learnd from you that's probably just roleplaying.

Anyway, this didn't happen "out of a mood", it was largely planned. And no, the feature is not stupid, it is rather nice, and yes, you better take care now when you start a campfire; those have a (very small) chance to start a fire. Usually, in sufficiently empty areas, this should not be a problem, but take good care in areas where burnable things are around (like, for example, in towns or dense forrests).

You had a chance to do something about it (be more friendly to the merchant, buy his insurence, stop the fire (yes, that IS possible, and no, it needs a lot more time than "some seconds"), you have ENOUGH money to repair it (EASILY! I mean, come on, Sam, you could easily have it repaired for, say, 300 silver, maybe even less -- that's 1/5th of the money you own, peanuts!)

So, do whatever you please.

Martin
Samantha Meryadeles

Martin, shut up if you know nothing. your stupid feature is the greatest shit ever made in this game.

i had put the flames already out. there was none left inside the house., the next second 20 flames appeared again around me. i started putting those too out. 3 seconds later 20 more flames appeared. you may ask the player of tanaki and jorokar. there was not the slightest chance for me to do anything.

also the repair will cost much, much more. samantha paid alone 600 silver for the new interior and some changes of the walls. now everything of that is gone. and it would cost all her money, or even more, to repair those damages. damages for whom someone like you is guilty, just because he has fun destroying something for me.

Noone would buy such a stupid insurance...insurance, in a medievil world!, without knowing what may happen next. that was simply no fair chance.

forget it. i am gone
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gildon de Vymont

martin wrote:Magnificent roleplay, Samantha.

Looks like you can just follow those "linear quests" that you moan about frequently. Everything that differs from your favourite scenario is bad, stupid or whatever. Fine.

Don't complain, play it or leave, I don't care. Seems as if you don't like Illarion when your char is not on the winning side, but what I've learnd from you that's probably just roleplaying.

Anyway, this didn't happen "out of a mood", it was largely planned. And no, the feature is not stupid, it is rather nice, and yes, you better take care now when you start a campfire; those have a (very small) chance to start a fire. Usually, in sufficiently empty areas, this should not be a problem, but take good care in areas where burnable things are around (like, for example, in towns or dense forrests).

You had a chance to do something about it (be more friendly to the merchant, buy his insurence, stop the fire (yes, that IS possible, and no, it needs a lot more time than "some seconds"), you have ENOUGH money to repair it (EASILY! I mean, come on, Sam, you could easily have it repaired for, say, 300 silver, maybe even less -- that's 1/5th of the money you own, peanuts!)

Martin

But, Martin, did you even TELL her you're testing a feature, and that you're going to burn her house down? It's hard to react to a new feature when you don't even know how to stop it..
martin

Post by martin »

Okay, if you can't handle it in game, just leave. It'd be a great chance for roleplay, but that's your decision. Probably you don't like roleplaying games if you're not the winner/ruler/leader/magistrat or whatever it might be.

(BTW: Whatever you say about "some seconds", it's not true; first of all, I know the technical details pretty well and secondly I stood next to you (invisible, of course))

Martin
martin

Post by martin »

Gildon de Vymont wrote:But, Martin, did you even TELL her you're testing a feature, and that you're going to burn her house down? It's hard to react to a new feature when you don't even know how to stop it..
Of course we didn't do that. I mean, that would be rather stupid, don't you think?
It's not hard for a sorcerer to put out flames, I'd say.

Martin
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I think this was rather big.

True, some things can happen. My char got kidnapped, but it happened at my consent. I think such big things (including burning down someone's house) should need the permission from the PO first.

I would accept bad things happening to my char and stuff, but something like that, without knowing or something, I think I wouldn't have reacted much differently then PO Sam.
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Big deal...your house burned down. Build a smaller house that won't cost all of your money. You've got the coins. Get back IG and RP.
Samantha Meryadeles

Then you are simply plain incompetent or stupid. since you saw not what really happened.

i tried to put the flames out, i casted one spell after the other, but i had not even put out half of the flames, then the whole basement was full again of them. and shortly after the whole first level. if you couldnt see that you maybe should use less drugs or whatever.

and i wont roleplay something as unfair like this. i had never a real chance, nor was it in anyway right to do so.
i dont see why i should continue playing her losing her hous and all her money to do some of the repairs just because you destroyed everything, letting me no chance to avoid that. out of nothing.

your stupidity simply costs you one more player.
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

I lost a piece of armor that was worth well over 300 silvers from the "equipment revert" thing. No biggie. Just a game, have some fun. Roll with the punches.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

But, Martin, did you even TELL her you're testing a feature, and that you're going to burn her house down? It's hard to react to a new feature when you don't even know how to stop it..
I think such big things (including burning down someone's house) should need the permission from the PO first.
Agreed.

Will insurance now have to be bought? With no competition for the service, I assume the price is anything goes also? Then we would need fire departments to put the fires out, alarms, plenty of buckets and water handy near establishments?

http://www.thehistoryof.net/the-history ... rance.html

It appears there was insurance then, or quite early, but homeowner's appeared later. I would say though, it is a definite discouragement to owning a house. I assume all the businesses will have to buy it also, and the towns for public buildings?

I may be misunderstanding something, but it is fairly confusing right now.
Tann

Post by Tann »

Its nice to see new features being made and tested, although with each new feature one or two people tend to dislike it and leave from what I see.

Are features tested in unfair ways? I cant really decide that, but it does concern me that if a player 'is' upset, that GMs or staff dont really seem to care if someone that has been a long time member and dedicated player leaves or not.
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

Hey Marting, jetzt mal im ernst...

Jemanden sein Haus ((Wofür ne menge silber hingebrettert wurde )) einfach runterzubrennen muss definitiv abgesprochen sein.. .

Wir alle wissen, wie ihr zu Patric steht, und auch wenn ich in vielen Punkten meine zustimmung gebe, es dennoch vorziehe neutral zu bleiben muss hier einmal laut HALLO?!?!?! schreien..

Ich mein gehts noch? Der Char nutzt das Haus regelmässig, hat dafür geld investiert hat es lange als Hotel vermietet und bevor man dann sowas runterbrennt muss es definitiv abgesprechen sein und das Okay des spielers muss her, wenn es um perfektes RP geht. Und dies ist mieses RP.

Ich will euch nichts unterstellen aber der zeitpunkt, an dem sowas passierte, nach dem so ziemlich jeder im Staff n Problem mit Patric hatte lässt das ganze ein wenig so aussehen als ob das ei nversuch ist ihn rauszumobben. Patric tut mir ziemlich leid im moment, wobei er sicher viel dazubeigetragen hat das es jetzt so kommen wird das keine des staffs sich auf seine seite stellen wird und ein GM-Abuse hier wircklich gar nichts bringt...

Dennoch appeliere ich an des Staffs gerechtigkeit und vernunft wenn ich euch sage das dies hier eine dermaßen unfaire Spielerei geworden ist und zumindest eine Entschuldigung an stelle von "shit happens" angebracht wäre.

Ihr könnt jetzt sagen: " Scheisse soll er abhauen, mir egal. " Vielen von den SPielern aber nicht. Es mag sein dass Sams auftreten oft störend bei Quests ist weil ihr Char einfach eine Dominante Persönlichkeit ist bei denen es für viele andere Spieler schwer wird dagegen durchzukommen bei solch massenaufläufen.. Allerdings wissen alle Quester damit umzugehn und untergehende SPieler zu fördern. Das dannach solch Flameposts auftauchen.. Hmm gut.. dafür gibt es erstens dots anstelle von brennenden Häusern und zweitens sind wir alle hier daran gewöhnt.

Woran ich persönlich nciht gewöhnt bin ist ein SPiel ohne unsere Magistratin von Trolls Bane, ohne den wohl am besten ausgespielten magier char und lehrer losen schüler-spielern die hart für die stelle gekämpft haben...

Also bitte Martin, ich weiss du bist ein verdammter Dickkopf aber wenn dir jetzt vielleicht doch in den Kopf kommt das du hier unfair gehandelt haben könntest, dann halt einfach den Rand bevor du dich verzweifelt versuchst zu verteidigen und probier lieber das was du gemacht hast irgendwie zu entschuldigen anstelle jetzt wieder gegenzuflamen mit übercoolen antworten..

das ist etwas was mich noch viel mehr stört als rumgemecker von samantha.. punchlines als antworten statt produktiven antworten..

Danke das wars von mir, mein riesen appell an den gesamten rest des staffs der dies hier bitte mal wircklich genau unter die lupe nehmen sollte und im internal proposals intensiv besprechen sollte der fairness alleine wegen.

Hey Martinm seriously,

Burning someones House ((which the char paid a huge amount of silver for it)) down like it was nothing definatly has to be permited by the player.

WE all know, how you think about Patric, and in much points i might think "yes they are right", even though i prefer to stay neutral, i have to scream loudly HELLOOO?!?!?!

I mean, are you feeling well? The char uses the house constantly, has invested money in it, has hired it as a INN for long but before burning something like this down, is has to be permited by the player if we are talking about correct RP right here. An this is CRAP RP.

I dont want to acuse you of something here (in this following alinea) but the time where this happened, after nearly everybody had some kinda problem with Patric, lets the whole thing appear as this is a try to force out Patric. I really feel pity for Patric right now, even though he has added his part that it now be as follows: no one of the staff will stand on his side and GM-Abuse really wont solve shit.

But i apply to the staffs feeling for justice and common sense if i say that this an absolutly unfair game you play hereand there has to be at least an excuse and a "sorry" instead of a "shit happens".

You can say now: "Shit, let him leave, i dont care."But lots of players do care. Smas acting at quests may appear disturbing, because the char just is a dominant personality and that it gets hard for player to get them chars involved at those massgatherings- BUt all questers know how to handle this and to involve those players. That there are apprearing flameposts afterwars.. hmm well.. therefor we have
1. the doting rules instead of burning houses and
2. we are used to it.

But hwat i am personaly not used to is a game without our magister, the probably best magical char yet and several magic students without their teacher which have fought hard for their place as a student.

So please, Martin, i know you are a fricking dickhead but if you realize now that you could've acted unfair right here, then please just keep your mouth shut before you desperatly try to defend yourself amd try to excuse what you messed up somehow instead reflame with ubercool answeres.

That is something that disturbs me much more than the complaing of samantha... punchline-responding instead of productive responding..

Thanks for the attention, that were my 2 cents, my big application to the rest of the staff, who should really take a closer look to this and in the internal proposals intsevly discussed further, just to react with certain fairness....
Last edited by Enwell van Illdoran on Wed May 16, 2007 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

That sucks, but I have to admit, it's pretty awesome for RP.
Anywho, later Patrick, maybe you'll come back again.

They all do.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Anyone ever played Stronghold? You gotta watch those fires, and have plenty of firemen (the guys with water next to wells) to stop them. Seems to me it would take alot for 1 person in a mansion to put out a fire that has engulfed the whole building. Too bad there aren't other people there to help you, the SEAHORSE INN would have had more than one person living there. Personal houses I guess don't have that.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

It sounds like the 'Nemesis' of owning Buildings has finally been implemented! Fire was the Great 'Fear' for the wooden buildings of the middle ages (And Plague).

Way to Go Martin and Vilarion!!!

I think this will create some fun RP and dangers for towns and homeowners. They will now need a "Fire Brigade" and respond quickly to fires in the forests, lest they approach towns! Fairies, druids and rangers may be needed now to repair forests that have been burned.

It sounds interesting.

Thanks!
Athian

Post by Athian »

I think you missed the point. none the less I can understand why Patric would be upset. They could have set any building on fire after all. Frankly any of us would be pissed for a good long awhile if this happened to our character.

None the less, very cool. Can you give the same quality to all fire? (magic ones included)

((typos everywhere!))
Last edited by Athian on Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

My respect towards some of the GMs just plummeted. This was highly uncalled for and really unfair in my opinion.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

As for RP patric, didn't I read that some thieves broke in a little while ago?

Sounds to me like they returned with a vengence.

It's a trick I would have used with the thieve's guild. A decoy at the door, while the others sneak around back and set the place on fire.

PS: Wish I thought of it.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Azuros wrote:My respect towards some of the GMs just plummeted. This was highly uncalled for and really unfair in my opinion.
Whats unfair is someone getting a Inn handed to them and turning it into their personal house.
Gildon de Vymont

And you guys have a Testserver for a reason. :roll:
Athian

Post by Athian »

Gro'bul wrote:
Azuros wrote:My respect towards some of the GMs just plummeted. This was highly uncalled for and really unfair in my opinion.
Whats unfair is someone getting a Inn handed to them and turning it into their personal house.
Gonna have to say that hardly holds weight, it's been a danmed long time since that happened, and to do something underhanded about it now, that excuse isnt' gonna fly.

Ive attempted to destory that manison many a time (( <_< ... >_> )) and plenty of people have complained about the giving of the inn to an individual. didn't get us anywhere then so why now?
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

besides, she paid to owned it and if you find the announcement of the selling you will read that the new owner can do whatever the **** he wants to with it..
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

This is bullshit. It doesn't surprise me that Martin is behind this, he's been picking on people for the past week when they disagree with him. Sure, fine, great idea, make it possible for things to burn down, but this was an f***ing trick! You have test servers and you have the ability to place any building you want on the map and use it to test, why did you have to pick there? Shit happens yes, but this seriously was out of line.

Martin, do us a favor and go to hell. That is what happens to little boys who like to play with fire.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

The behavior of some of you is just plain childish. At least Martin is acting responsibly. I seriously would consider thinking things through before cursing, and by the way...

writing F*** is no better than writing smile. :P

*Also, ready my location, it may help..
Last edited by Lrmy on Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Grow up. People use cuss words, get over it.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Lrmy wrote:At least Martin is acting responsibly.
Could you explain that please?
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Magnificent roleplay, Samantha.

Martin
Okay, if you can't handle it in game, just leave. It'd be a great chance for roleplay, but that's your decision. Probably you don't like roleplaying games if you're not the winner/ruler/leader/magistrat or whatever it might be.

(BTW: Whatever you say about "some seconds", it's not true; first of all, I know the technical details pretty well and secondly I stood next to you (invisible, of course))

Martin
Of course we didn't do that. I mean, that would be rather stupid, don't you think?
It's not hard for a sorcerer to put out flames, I'd say.

Martin
Where is the belligerence? I won't bother quoting Patric and Dantagon's posts, witch are clearly belligerent.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hey, I can be belligerant, how about....

I'll get some halfling friends together and we'll sing,
"Ding Dong the witch is dead......Ding dong the wicked witch is dead...."

hahahaha!!!!!! :twisted:

PS: I want them Ruby slippers!