I quit this game

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

To be fair, they might also know that Samantha is one of the richest chars ingame, so can handle a loss.
Who knows, maybe they knew that Patric is a reasonable human being, and so thought that he would be not as angry as this about it.
They might also have thought a fire at the Seahorse inn would make a big impact on people.
Although I can see why he thinks it is a little unfair.

Anyway, if you do go, then have a nice life, it's been fun ;)
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hey, in the fundraiser thread we have a happy group of players that wanna try to burn it again.

Can we make it a quest?????

LOL!!! :twisted:

PS Seriously, how come the "Wooden" parquet floors didn't burn??? Are those not on the 'list'?
Last edited by Juniper Onyx on Wed May 16, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Juniper Onyx wrote:Hey, in the fundraiser thread we have a happy group of players that wanna try to burn it again.

Can we make it a quest?????

LOL!!! :twisted:
Dude, not helpful. That's effectively spam. We get the point, you dislike how Samantha is rped. There's no need for the barrage of the same comment repeatedly, phrased a little differently or with a different idea.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Alytys Lamar wrote:
Taeryon Silverlight wrote:Actually, Martin and Vilarion mixed up ooc. and ig., when they burned down Samantha's house because they didn't like Patric, or at least thought, that PATRIC would need to be tought a lesson :wink:

You are willing to start the flame again ? Writing this private presumptions ? What a bullshit....

Only Patric, the staff members and maybe the Char's which was directly involved have the right to clear up this now..

SO.. I beg you shut up !
hy, hy... lolz i begz u stfu, patriz nd dose uder dudes inly gut tu do wit dis, kkz? stfuz 0l0lzrolf
-----------------------------
That's basically the 'bullshit' you are spewing out PO Aly, doesn't do anything.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

I close this now for 24 hours.

If we all slept one night and will be calmed down I will open it again.

Maybe then there will be a serious discussion.

And it's senseless to open a new threat with the same meaning. I will delete it without any further comment.
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

Here are my fist impressions when I have read about yesterday's 'Quest'. However, I will decide how to continue when the Staff has cleared the case internal and will tell people the consequences this affair will have for players and the future behaviour of the Staff.

Imho, the actions and the way done by the involved staff when burning down the house without any warning nor apparently any chance to avoid that, was completely wrong.

It was wrong to do something like that at the current situation ig, since there are so many things and quest currently going on. People just lost most of their items and still try to get known and used to the new situation.

It was wrong to choose Samanthas house, just because you wanted to test it. It is wrong, because you surely knew how the PO would react on something like this. You could have chosen any other house on Gobiath and for sure at a better time. So: time, place and performance of this 'Quest' seem to be more than amateurish.

Consequently, both the ig situation as well as common sense show that the actions were inadequate and wrong.

Moreover, such drastic actions have - as the Staff surely knows - effects on the mood of the players.
Maybe it becomes time that some of the staff should ask themselves what you want: A motivated community?
In the end it is them, who you make the game for, right? Then you shall treat them fair and not do such dubious 'Quests'.

One more word to the argument: Illa is just a game!
True. But people spend their time to play this game. People want fun. Having fun is why the Staff made this game: to have fun developing it and that players can have fun. Aparently, at least for one part (PO Sam), this 'Quest' made no fun at all. Moreover, the 'Quest' itself and the whole flame war afterwards destroyed the fun of other. So, there was simply no need for such 'Quest'. Except you wanted to destroy the fun for many players and even backwards the motivation of the Staff.

Having created a free game such Illarion is indeed a noble action. Spending free time in developing new features etc. takes a lot of time. Players spend a lot of time into this game as well. So, in the end of the day, even when the game is for free, the devs indeed have a certain degree of responsibilty to their players. Use it wise.

A last word to PO Dusty:
Usually, I do not listen to stupid postings nor do i react to them. Usually, I do not react to them. But most of the things you have written down here is complete crap and is the complete opposite of your self-proclaimed worldly wisdom. Please stop posting such postings out of place.

Let us wait for the result of the discussions within the Staff.

PO Sil
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Die Art und Weise wie hier von außen in das Spiel eingegriffen wurde, finde ich völlig unangemessen. Es kann aus meiner Sicht nicht angehen, dass neue, bisher unbekannte Funktionalität, an einem Charakter, zu dessen PO es scheinbar persönliche Differenzen gibt,
getestet wird. Das sieht nach reine Willkür und Machtmissbrauch aus!

PO Rosendil
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

What I am wondering is, if it was a 'test', then why classify it as a 'quest', so that the owner must pay for it themself? If it was only a test, and no other character behind it, then why is it a quest?
Unless there was a true character behind it, the only reason I can think of to classify this as a quest (and so not redo it at the next map update) is spite.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

sure i am not really happy with the whole idea of spreading fires.
there is no guild or town, that is able to guard its buildings 24/7 against arsonists.

but in one point, i want to contradict siltaris:
You could have chosen any other house on Gobiath ...
which one?

any other house in trolls bane would have brought a similar reaction from patrik, because it is "his" town.
so it seems a little bit, that you were thinking, they should have burnt a house in another town.

like the german prayer:

Oh heiliger Sankt Florian, verschon mein Haus, steck andre an!
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Greenbriar just fought back three attempts at Fires earlier. The community came together and extinguished each of them with buckets. A suspect was even caught and interviewed by Mayor Lonsur- Judgement pending.
A positive end to the attempts.

The Arson of Gobiath has already started.

Why are we still discussing this post about Patric?
Seems like whining to me. :roll:

Boo Hoo. :oops:

@ PO Siltaris - I'm ashamed of you, you should know that 'wisdom', 'common sense' and 'Logic' counts for beans around here. As they say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". As long as the players behave like 'children', why not join them? :lol:

PS: Someone please close this stupid post please?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Does anyone else think, that a woodcutter with a few logs, being able to burn a REALLY expensive building down, is wrong?

I mean, buildings cost an arm and a leg, and wood costs, 2 coppers each?
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

well, hadrian, it is very realistic. a guy with some matches and a bottle of combustile liquid can burn a house down.

but really, in this aspect i am not sure, if i like realism all the way...
Theon

Post by Theon »

It's a shame that you're off Patric, bye dude.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Strange implimentation. I mean, if someone was online on their own, would it not be possible for them to burn down every building in Gobaith?
martin

Post by martin »

There was a lot said about this incident and I can't comment on everything since I do not have enough time. However, there are some things that cannot stand as they are.

First off, it was said a dozen times now that this was not a technical "test" of some sort -- in fact we did a LOT of testing on the testserver (otherwise the whole island would have been burning). Everyone who claims that after it was said about 20 times that it was NO test just proved that s/he has not read nor understood anything and is therefore not qualified to make any comment on the incident.

Secondly, it IS possible to put out the flames. It was possible for Samantha, however she was probably too busy with syber cex (or whatever you call it). Bad luck or lack of decent priorities, however you might want to put it.

Thirdly, and this is really important, it was said several times that I lied. I am allergic to that, because I didn't lie and I think it's unfair to claim that. You can consider our action "immature", "unfair", "offending", "insulting" or whatever, we can discuss that. But don't claim that I am a liar. I will now list the points that were mentioned:
* I teleported Samantha by accident at first. When we GMs are in game, we teleport ourself around a lot, and that works by typing in commands like !j or !w or whatever; anyway, I mistakenly typed a wrong letter there and instead of teleporting my char to her, I did it the other way around.
* It was claimed that there was no chance to extinguish the flames; there is, if you're fast enough, either by buckets of water (which, of course, she didn't have) or the corresponding spell. However, once there are too many flames (after about 1:30 or 2 minutes I'd say, maybe even 2:30), this probably won't help much. You have to be fast! If you wait 5 minutes and start then, it'll be impossible of course.
* When I said "largely planned", I didn't mean "planned since weeks". It just wasn't something that we decide within 4 minutes.
* Fields that once burned can't burn again, since all items are deleted from such a field and only items can burn.
* The fire started exactly at 00:46 am, not at 1:30 am.

And now some comments:
* Samantha didn't want to buy the insurence because she claimed that her house is "magically made save against fire" and she knew everything about fire because she can cast it.
* Samantha suspected and claimed that the one wanting to sell that paper to her wants to threaten her. So, obviously she *was* aware that there could be something wrong.
* The fire burned for about 10 minutes.
* I didn't read the bible. I don't need to. I consider writing one myself one day.
* You can of course oppose against me and do not have to fear any actions taken against me. If that were so, probably the whole staff would have been deleted by now.
* I didn't cast any additional flames, all flames were produced by the script. Once again, flames that you put out can't come again.
* How far away I live from PO Samantha is not very important.
* I take several sentences you said about me -- as a person, not as a character -- as rather personal threats.
* One question: When you say "But maybe one day in life we meet again , THEN you can show me if you are really a man with guts. Since i will for sure test it.", do you mean that we should fight or something? Like... well, with our bare hands, beat eachother? Or with swords and guns? Without pulling hair and biting? Please, let me know, I find that so mature. And I want to train.
* Thanks for summarizing my school career, eventually I consider publishing it in my autobiography (if you give me the permission to quote you, that is).
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

It was possible for Samantha, however she was probably too busy with syber cex (or whatever you call it). Bad luck or lack of decent priorities, however you might want to put it.
if you dont wish to be called a lier, then you should stop lieing. as the from me posted log showed very clearly, i reacted with samantha as soon as the first campfire was heard. and she immediately went downstairs putting of the flames when the first one was seen.
Really...it is your own fault when you are called a lier when you DO lie...and that so badly.
Martin,,,you write alot if nonsene here. You try to hide that you did a failure. you try to win others for you with lies and untrue facts, because you see that what you did was wrong and that many many players don't agree with it. you do nothing else then trying to rescue your hide. but the truth, that one you can't post here.
You think you are the boss of this game., you think you are the most important in illarion. but you are just a scripter, never forget that. you are NOT Mister Illarion, owner of that all. I don't even know why two scripter dare to do a quest ingame. two scripter who don't even can use the gm commands properly. you are no gms. you have no right doing "quests". your job is it to script, and not to do such things ingame. you haven't even did a single gm message. you haven't gave any warning, or talked with the player first. you started immediatelly a campfire that spreaded into a wildfire. you cheated. i went immediatelly downstairs when i saw the first flame. and of course no campfire could be seen outside. not even a single one. have you even spoke with other from the staff about what you are trying? or is there a reason that someone who as good as never plays does some gm job in the middle of night with somene he dislikes personally?
it stinks how you try to make others belief what you did was alright, while it was wrong. and that you even lie for that stinks even more. i dont care if you dislike it being called a lier. since it is the truth that you are one. it is not my problem if you can't tell the truth.

i want that someone inspects the logs. someone not biased and not being a friend of martin., a neutral person, who will clearly see that it was wrong what he did. that i never had a chance to do something against it. the logs show very clear what happened, and how fast. and they show everything someone did, even someone using a gm char.
and i want that it is said in public when the logs proof that martin lied. he should not be allowed to do whatever he wants in illarion, without being frownd up for that like anyone other. he has not more rights then anyone other here. i want that this is treated fair, and not in the favour of martin just because he is a scripter of the game.
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Fri May 18, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Ah well.

Maybe i drop in my opinion in here now.

The action including Samanthas house not a test. It was the introducing of a new system the developers created. Every new development have to me introduced, else the player do not know about the new systems.

So if you speak about "Test" you are wrong from the very beginning on.

The fire spreading script was tested and balanced on the testserver. Its easily possible to stop the fire with so a pretty small damage is created.

The fire spreads every 30 seconds. And with a possiblity of 25% it starts a fire on another burnable item.
The strength of the fire as pretty strong, but Samantha should be able to put one flame out with two of her putting out spells. Since there is a area variant of that spell, a so called archmage surely knows its not problem for her to put the fire out even if it spreaded allready 4 or 5 times ( would be 2min - 2,5min ).

Furthermore it was said that is was without any warning or preparation. That of cause completly wrong since the character Samantha Meryadeles was warned ingame some time before. By a character who wanted to sell a protection against a burning in the house. The reaction of the character Samantha Meryadeles showed clearly that the character knew that something was wrong with that character from the very beginning on.
So she got warned that something will happen.

Anyway. After the fire launched at 00:46:49 at the 16th of May, it took Samantha about one minute to react on the fire. According to the script the fire spreaded at this time, 2 times so there are in the worest case around 10 flames around that go on spreading every 30 seconds.
So Samantha roamed down to the floor of the building and started to put out flames.
At this point i want to add that it took nearly one minute, to went from the first floor to the ground floor. I sadly can't say why it took that long since there are only a few tiles she has to move.
Anyway, she started casting down there, a moment before the next script cycle started and then of cause she had to comment the happenings OOC first. That took around 30 seconds again and so the next cycle happend.
While this time to fire spreaded up to to the first floor ( i think after the first cycle allready )
So the fire started to get out of controll and the funiture of the building ( let is coast 100 silver ) burned nearly completly down.

The whole session was of cause interruped by random ooc comments.

To say it after all, it was possible to avoid the damage by a variouse possibilities.
1. Pay the Character that offered the protection
2. Be on guard after that clear threat
3. Act a little faster after the launching of the fire ( 1minute to went down there is really alot )
4. Spending time in putting out the fire then typing ooc comments.

Then it was said that Samanthas house was chosen because we wanted to test it.
Wrong in a couple of matters. First of the script was tested on the testserver. We do not have that second server for nothing. And second the house of Samantha was chosen because she was online. She had a chance to reakt on this. It would be more then mad if we burned down the house of Merunes Harbes ( or something like this ;) ) instead, since he was not online at the time the things started and wasn't able to do anything against.
Samantha was online and able to put out the fire pretty fast due her magic. So she had the best chances to put the fire out before it causes to much damages.

Then their was poined out what the staff wants. A motivated community? Sure. But what do the players want? A motivated staff and motivated developers maybe?
The staff offers the community the possibility to play. But how to keep the developers motivated. The Devs motivate themselfs by trying to step over certin boarders of possibilities. That motivates the staff. To write things that require rather less scripts and server code by and lots of thinking and theoretical work. Thats the motivating of the staff. Things like that fire or the cold are such borders. We are checking out the limits of our scripts and thats the fun for a developer. Yes. Fun. Our developers develop Illarion because its fun for them.
We are motivating ourselfs by writing such scripts and show them. Maybe some of the players do not like those things. But since the community is not able to motivate the staff in the way that would be required to go on working, its needed that the staff motivates themselfs. That self motivating results in actions like the cold and the fire.
And be sure. Topics like this will not chance anything at this point.

Then it was poined out that Samantha had no fun at this quest. The character lost the funiture of the building ( something that could be replaced by a small part of the money of the character ). But it seems it was impossible for the player to get along with that situation. The ooc messages showed that. While playing along with the situation without ooc and the try to solve the point with the known creators of the introducing in a exchanging of private messages was just impossible for the player. Something like this could have solved the whole matter much more player friendly.
But as i said that was not possible. PO Samantha already moant while the fire OOC in the game and after she logged out she directly started that post.
Its pretty sad that Patric thinks that he has to complain instandly in the way he did with that post. Without trying to speak with the gms. Sadly. Really.

Nitram
martin

Post by martin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:but you are just a scripter, never forget that.
Erm, of course I am just a scripter.

You've really a good insight into Illarion development, don't you?

Martin
Samantha Meryadeles

It doesn't surprise me that you and martin together tell the same lies now, nitram. you lied before when you told somewhere other samantha would be the richest char ingame.

it took me a few seconds to run downstairs once i saw the first flame. there was never a flame visible BEFORE that moment. so i and neither the char could know about a fire., there were not even gm messages. every gm would have done a gm message in a quest. simply because of roleplay. but that hasn't happened.
the first sign i got was the sound of a burning campfire. on that samantha reacted, but that sound is nothing strange since you can hear it often in town. of course she frowned about it because of the man. but i thought "hey, if that is a flame there will be some more rp first". but it is too much to await rp from martin. i was in the middle of rp. do you await me to jump up from that without rp? run down without rp? shall i leave the other one back, roleplaying nothing out, just because some crazy scripter had to release his monster of destruction?
As soon as the first flame was seen, as soon as i KNEw there was a fire at her house, i ran down and started casting spells against flames. the logs i posted before proof that very well. i casted the best spell to put flames out, but it was useless. once i put the flames out which were there, there was no flame left in the room, they came back. and at that moment they spreaded already on the floor above.
there was no chance. that you two claim there was is sure. you try to hide that you did a failure, and that you did something unfair for a player. something which he couldn't avoid.
and don't tell me about the insurances. noone, NOONE, would buy a fireinsurance from someone she never met knocking at your door. especially not when you just got dragged away from some scripter out of rp. and when you wanted to go back to the rp which got disturbed by that scripter. i as a player werent even informed that your house CAN burn down now. you knew very well that noone would buy the insurance in such a situation.
there is not a single player here who would have bought the fireinsurance. or who wouldnt have wanted going back to the rp instead of talking with someone selling insurances.

it is that injustice and unfair behaviour from you why i quitted this game. not that i have to pay for the repair, which will cost around 250 silver (thats nearly half of her whole money for which i worked hard and long without any crafting skill), no. it was that you did something wrong like that. that two of the staff, and others like nitram, would do something unfair, biased and mean like that. it was simply abuse of your powers. and now you even try to cover your failure with such nonsense. you ar elike politicians. dirty and snake tongued. i have enough of you guys. you are a sickness for this game.

i am out, for once and all. there is no justice left in this game. no fairness. just those dictators doing whatever they want, even if it destroyes fun of players and even if it is simply wrong.
i will miss those great roleplayers, but for sure not someone like martin or nitram, such false snakes.

Cya, illarion.

Patric
martin

Post by martin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:if you dont wish to be called a lier, then you should stop lieing.
Please, this is going to be really ridiculous now. You claimed that I am a liar in a posting where you didn't tell the truth several times:
as the from me posted log showed very clearly, i reacted with samantha as soon as the first campfire was heard.
I am sorry, the logs don't prove that. In fact, you reacted about 1 minute later, as logs clearly show.
but you are just a scripter, never forget that.
Yes, plus graphical artist, plus (part time) server coder plus (former) client coder plus database admin plus mod.
But well. Nevermind.
I don't even know why two scripter dare to do a quest ingame.
Call us scripters again and you shall feel our wrath.
you are no gms. you have no right doing "quests".
We are GMs. And we have every right that we give ourself. You see, it's us who give out rights, so please don't tell us what rights we have.
you haven't even did a single gm message.
Wrong, but unimportant.
you haven't gave any warning, or talked with the player first.
We talked to the character, wanna see the logs?
you started immediatelly a campfire that spreaded into a wildfire. you cheated.
We can't cheat, we created that game and that script. We used a feature that ordinary players can't use (namely give a campfire a 100% chance to start a wildfire).
and of course no campfire could be seen outside. not even a single one.
Then you must be blind, there were campfires outside. If you claim that we don't tell the truth about that, just say it clear and loud.
have you even spoke with other from the staff about what you are trying?
Yes.
it stinks how you try to make others belief what you did was alright,
I don't. All I do is: I try to get facts straight. If you accuse me of not telling the truth, I have to clearify that.
i want that someone inspects the logs. someone not biased and not being a friend of martin., a neutral person, who will clearly see that it was wrong what he did.
Okay, just tell me who should see them, I have no problem with that.
However, I wonder what you want to see there.
and i want that it is said in public when the logs proof that martin lied.
Lied about what?
martin (...) because he is a scripter of the game.
Call me scripter again and...
Well.

Martin
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

It's funny that recently it has been your perogative to flame anyone who has any complaints about the staff at all. You've failed in that the part of the staff that you conflict with is the part of the staff that actually builds the game and improves it. You rather prefer the part of the staff that cheats you and does nothing. Fine.

Goodbye, Patric
Samantha Meryadeles

You ask for it. Those i trust who won't be biased and will be honest about this are Lianis, Damien and Lennier. those three would be some i would like to have a look at the logs and decide if it was right or not to do so by you. and of course the person behind gm_abuse.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

What you fail to realize is that there is no Illarion without Martin. Those two Gm's you named are GM's because Martin made them GM's. There is a GM abuse line because there is a Martin. And Lennier is a mapper..... why waste his time?

This is retarded. I thought you were leaving.
martin

Post by martin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:not that i have to pay for the repair, which will cost around 250 silver (thats nearly half of her whole money for which i worked hard and long without any crafting skill), no.
As for not telling the truth, that's about 1/6th of her money.

Just to be correct. Samantha owns about 1500 silver, which can easily be proven by just having a look at the database.

Martin
martin

Post by martin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:You ask for it. Those i trust who won't be biased and will be honest about this are Lianis, Damien and Lennier. those three would be some i would like to have a look at the logs and decide if it was right or not to do so by you. and of course the person behind gm_abuse.
The four persons named already know the logs since yesterday because I posted them where they can see them.

Anything else you want me to do? Post an excerpt of a database querry to find out how much money your character has or something?

Martin
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:It doesn't surprise me that you and martin together tell the same lies now, nitram. you lied before when you told somewhere other samantha would be the richest char ingame.
Its rather impressive how you lie yourself to make martin, vilarion and now myself looking bad. But in the opposite to you I can offer some proofs.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:it took me a few seconds to run downstairs once i saw the first flame. there was never a flame visible BEFORE that moment. so i and neither the char could know about a fire., there were not even gm messages. every gm would have done a gm message in a quest. simply because of roleplay. but that hasn't happened.
the first sign i got was the sound of a burning campfire.
The mighty server logs wrote:Wed May 16 00:47:32 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) whispers: *she frowns as she hears the sound of a fire*
Wed May 16 00:48:01 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) says: #me sniffs carefully and sighs
Wed May 16 00:48:04 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) whispers: Please excuseme
Wed May 16 00:48:11 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) says: that idiot...i warned him
Wed May 16 00:48:22 2007: Tanaki Kai(718303509) whispers: Who is it?
Wed May 16 00:48:37 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) says: #me looks at the flames and raises her hand
Wed May 16 00:48:40 2007: Tanaki Kai(718303509) says: #me blinks
Wed May 16 00:48:45 2007: Samantha Meryadeles(232534793) says: RA TAH DUN
1 minute and 13 seconds to took you to went down and start putting of the fire. Nothing more to say.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:on that samantha reacted, but that sound is nothing strange since you can hear it often in town. of course she frowned about it because of the man.
Sorry, but in that case your character deserves that the house burns down.
A man offers a protection against fire. A very strange man who was not planning anything good ( as your character said IG ). And then directly next to your house a fire started.
I wonder what should force your character to be on guard except that. The sound of the fire was not even caused by the small fire ( i think you did not hear that ). But there was the sound of the fire cased directly next to your character to make sure your character really hears it an can reakt instandly on the upcomming situation.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:but i thought "hey, if that is a flame there will be some more rp first". but it is too much to await rp from martin.
More then let you know for sure ( in case you think even slightly ) that this fire is meant to burn down your house? Dunno but they warned you by a Quest character and by a fire sound next to your character? That are allready a lot of hints to make you acting.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:i was in the middle of rp. do you await me to jump up from that without rp?
At least at this point i completly agree with you. "jump of" is indeed a really good formulation. At this point i really have to force myself not to post some server logs. But i'm a nice one so i won't do this.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:run down without rp? shall i leave the other one back, roleplaying nothing out, just because some crazy scripter had to release his monster of destruction?
I think the own house on fire is a pretty good RP description to interrupt the roleplay. If you are not able to put that upcomming situation into your roleplay, you are nothing but a bad roleplayer.
But according to the server log you were able to do this. I still wonder what took you so long to went down there.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:As soon as the first flame was seen, as soon as i KNEw there was a fire at her house, i ran down and started casting flames. the logs i posted before proof that very well.
Its sadly since that shows that I interpreted the roleplay of your character completly different. I allways thougth that your character is all in all pretty intelligent. It seems I was wrong. If the sound of the fire and the warning before was not enougth to warn your character that a fire eats the funiture of your building until your dress burns, your character is played rather... dumb.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:i casted the best spell to put flames out, but it was useless. once i put the flames out which were there, there was no flame left in the house, they came back. and at that moment they spreaded already on the floor above.
As i said in my last post, the point is that the flames started to spread upstairs for sure, while you were putting out the flames down stairs.
Then the next cycle made the fire by bad luck spreading the fire downstairs again.
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:there was no chance. that you two claim there was is sure.
There was a chance if you would have reakted as fast as expected. That the fire spreaded partly pretty unluckily for you is not yours and not our fault. In further reference you should read Murphy's Laws.

Nitram
Samantha Meryadeles

Just to be correct. Samantha owns about 1500 silver, which can easily be proven by just having a look at the database.

Samantha has nearly 600 silver. 500 in silvercoins, and 100 as 1 goldcoin. Goldcoins are worth 100 silver, not 1000. as the mighty god of illarion you should know that. there are several chars, even alot compared to the amount of money, who have more. 100 of that she got through the item wipe. means she got it for items worth a few hundreds silver which she lost and have to buy again.

1 minute and 13 seconds to took you to went down and start putting of the fire. Nothing more to say.
i am no worldmaster in writing on a keyboard. to be exact, i can't use ten finger system. i write with two fingers. ever concidered that it takes TIME to write sentences? to do roleplay? it took me 1 minute, 13 seconds to go downstairs from the moment i noticed firen (means she heard the first campfire started. i heard just one, not more. one single campfire). that includes also the time needed to write for the purpose of roleplay, to open my magic book, to chose the runes, to click on the targeted flames, and to cast the spell. even the time to think about the current situation and to chose the next steps.. after all it was 1:30 AM for me. don't await that i will be that quick at 1:30 am.
is it so hard for you to understand that all that needs time? or do you really want to tell me that i should do NO roleplay, NO #mes but simply run down and start casting the spells? is that your idea of good roleplay?

Also why should i avoid roleplay and running immediatelly down?for me as a player that was a quest. that were normal flames, set by a gm. so i wanted to do some roleplay thinkling the gm will give me the time to do that roleplay. i couldn''t know that you have not even 30 seconds before the whole house is at flames and not anymore to be rescued.

that i mean. i had never a real chance. that insurance was no real chance. no player would have bought it. also it took me 63 seconds to notice the fire, to write some roleplay,to think about the next step, to run downstairs, to realize the scene, to open the mage book, to chose three runes from there, to target the flames, and to cast the spell. 63 seconds. that is not much. 63 seconds are quick over concidering what i had to do in that time. and all that happened without me knowing that it is not a quest with flames put by a gm but a feature spreading on its own. without me knowing what will happen if i put the flames not out under 1 minute. EVERY of the 20 or more flames created since the 60 seconds ago when i heard the sound of a campfire.
it takes me 6 seconds, or even more, to open the magebook, click three runes, target a few flames, and cast the spell. the spell costs 50 % of my mana. that means after two spells, enough to put out 4 flames (not more since you cant target BEHIND a flame, so you can just target infront of it or on it, which will hit a maximum of 5 or 6 flames flames, not more. and that just when you hit the flames perfectly), i have to drink a mana potion. filling my mana aswell in 5 or 6 seconds. so to put 4 or even 5 flames off, i need good 18 or 20 seconds. and there were 15-20 in and around the house! and every 30 seconds 20 more came.
anyone who has learned the basics of calculating sees that i had NO time to do really something with success.
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Fri May 18, 2007 2:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
martin

Post by martin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Samantha has nearly 600 silver. 500 in silvercoins, and 100 as 1 goldcoin.
I stand corrected, sorry.

Martin
Manron

Post by Manron »

Ich hab mir das ganze zwar nicht durchgelesen, aber: Bye Patric 8) Anstatt das du hier immer hin und her flamest und aufregst wegen einem SPIEL, das Spass machen sollte, ist es glaube ich für dich besser wenn du mal Pause machst! Ich bin lang genug dabei um zu wissen, das Sam nichtmal die hälfte für das Haus gezahlt hat, als damals Fedaykin und Fienchen und was weiß ich noch wer. Ich weiß nicht wie das ganze mit dem Inn abgelaufen is und will mich da auch nicht einmischen, aber es hat null sinn hier weiter zu schreiben, der Staff hat die möglichkeit das Haus abzubrennen, er hat es getan und fertig, ich denke eher das ihr hier OOC und IG vermischt! Vielleicht hatten alle Gm´s einen Grund das Haus abzufackeln IG und ihr alle interpretiert das hier als OOC verschwörung. Für einen Spieler der sich permanent beschwert das etwas nicht passt, wegen dem und dem, ist es sicher besser zu pausieren! Über die Art und Weise wie die GMs das gehandhabt haben, lässt sich diskutieren, aber fakt ist, es ist passiert und man kann es RP technisch nichtmehr rückgängig machen!
Und jetzt hört doch mal alle auf hier rumzuheulen! Patric hat auch in der Spielergemeinschaft seine Feinde und ich werds sicher nicht schön reden, ich mochte Patrics art und weise nie wirklich.

ENDE!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:ever concidered that it takes TIME to write sentences?
Sure. But according to the length of your sentences not that much time was needed ;)
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:it took me 1 minute, 13 seconds to go downstairs from the moment i noticed firen (means she heard the first campfire started. i heard just one, not more. one single campfire). that includes also the time needed to write for the purpose of roleplay, to open my magic book, to chose the runes, to click on the targeted flames, and to cast the spell. even the time to think about the current situation and to chose the next steps.. after all it was 1:30 AM for me. don't await that i will be that quick at 1:30 am.
Didn't you said in your last post that your character ignored the sound of fire and didn't do anything about this till the fire reached the first floor. ( that would fit to the server logs by the way ).

Anyway it was 0:47am not 1:30am ;)
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:is it so hard for you to understand that all that needs time? or do you really want to tell me that i should do NO roleplay, NO #mes but simply run down and start casting the spells? is that your idea of good roleplay?
I saw your roleplay and your emotes written in less then one minute. And those where longer then the emotes used here ;)
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Also why should i avoid roleplay and running immediatelly down?for me as a player that was a quest. that were normal flames, set by a gm. so i wanted to do some roleplay thinkling the gm will give me the time to do that roleplay. i couldn''t know that you have not even 30 seconds before the whole house is at flames and not anymore to be rescued.
You had much more then 30 seconds as i pointed out some posts ago. Anyway you should react on the quest of a gm and do not ignore it if it influence your character directly.
You said in a other topic that you only take part in quest your character is directly affected. So if your characters house is burned down it should be directly enougth, don't you think so?
Why did your tried to stay out of the quest that directly effected your character, this time? I hardly get this, sorry.

Nitram