[GOOD] 'Examine' command.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elian

[GOOD] 'Examine' command.

Post by Elian »

Right-click character > Examine.

Appears in chatbox:

Xxx is wearing:
Head: Storm Helmet
Back: Leather bag
Robe: Black coat
Right hand: Sword x
Left hand: Sword x
Feet: Leather Boots

-or- if no robe/coat equipped:

Xxx is wearing:
Head: Storm Helmet
Back: Leather bag
Robe: None
Chest: Salkamaerian Officer Armor
Legs: Red Gleaves
Right hand: Sword x
Left hand: Sword x
Feet: Leather Boots

Ideas?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You wouldn't see the weapons like daggers or swords under a robe would you..?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Yeah I had thought exactly about this once.

Would be a great feature.
Elian

Post by Elian »

Pellandria wrote:You wouldn't see the weapons like daggers or swords under a robe would you..?
Would be very, very awkward holding swords/axes/staffs/daggers under your robe. Swords, axes and daggers would cut holes into the material, while staff would make it look like you have a .. woody. :oops:
Llama

Post by Llama »

We need this

Hear Hear
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

This was planned allready on the real life meeting and will be implemented sooner or later.

It will work in the same way like you examine items. Just clicking on. ;)

About daggers and swords under the robe:

Its correct. But in case they are under your robe they wouldn't be in your hands. And if you but your weapons onto your belt noone will see them.

Nitram
Elian

Post by Elian »

^^ Also, it could show a small description that could be entered by typing:
!desc A tall, broad-shouldered man stands there, reaching about six feet and four tall, with a menacing aura, bla bla bla.. bla .. bla bla.. bla.

or something like that..
Barz Shufthag

Post by Barz Shufthag »

Yeah, It's a totally awesome idea!

/Signed
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Elian wrote:
Pellandria wrote:You wouldn't see the weapons like daggers or swords under a robe would you..?
Would be very, very awkward holding swords/axes/staffs/daggers under your robe. Swords, axes and daggers would cut holes into the material, while staff would make it look like you have a .. woody. :oops:
I guess you 1. Have no idea how to store a weapon like a sword or dagger or 2. didn't read my post.

You store swords and daggers like this
and with such a thing, I don't know the name, your robe won't get cut, I didn't talked about axes and Staffs.
Elian

Post by Elian »

Ahh, you mean a belt sheath. Yeah, you're right. But not if he's HOLDING them in both hands (Like I've given the example). If they're in his belt, they shouldn't appear. (I didn't put 'belt' on the example now, did I? Nor the contents of bags..)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

if your sword is in a scabbard it isn't in your hand too ;)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Well maybe we need some "aggresiv" and "passiv" mode then, so we automaticly see f weapons are sheated or drawn, I don't think you normally would run around with drawn weapons, even if they "lie" in your hands, but misunderstanding then sorry.
Elian

Post by Elian »

Scabbard are are strapped on belts, aren't they?
Items on belt shouldn't appear with the 'examine' function. I didn't put 'belt' on the example.

I know it's dooable Nitram, come on! Do it! :P
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

This is an interesting feature for PvP and robbers only ... the #me command is sufficent for the rest.
Elian

Post by Elian »

Robbers and thieves are part of roleplay too.
So is PvP.
Though it wasn't thought out simply for such intentions, rather to easify gameplay.. make it more.. erm.. how to say.. trustable? After all, if we trusted all emotes and stuff, we wouldn't have even created the #i command, right?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Pellandria wrote:Well maybe we need some "aggresiv" and "passiv" mode then, so we automaticly see f weapons are sheated or drawn, I don't think you normally would run around with drawn weapons, even if they "lie" in your hands, but misunderstanding then sorry.
Aggressive --> weapons in the hands
Passive --> weapons in the belt

Problem solved ;)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

But but..its..work for you *puppy eyes*
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

The #i command is, in my opinion, useless. But saves some time adding new names to your list. The #i command is something like showing your identity card. Do you show everybody who asks you for your name your passport?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Rosendil wrote:The #i command is, in my opinion, useless. But saves some time adding new names to your list. The #i command is something like showing your identity card. Do you show everybody who asks you for your name your passport?
No, but when you tell someone your name they know it, and if you tell a fake name and they don't believe you for ooc reasons; they're not worth rping with.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

mm... would we see the quality and condition of the armors and weapons just like when we "examine" an item? So that everyone might see the items quality differently according to their skill and stats...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You could tell if someone's noble from a glance.
Elian

Post by Elian »

I really think it'd be a neat feature to add, and I know for a fact it already exists for staff members. (Perhaps it's not exactly the same thing as I've proposed, but they CAN see equipment & inventory of a character), which means it's not hard/impossible to do.

It would really aid in some situation, such as comparing someone's equipment to yours, to see if you can actually fight him or if you'll get your butt whooped, I mean, just general stuff you could deduce by seeing someone's current clothings.
Theon

Post by Theon »

This was suggested before for thieves and bandits, but it's a good idea for all as I find it hard to play with people who roleplay as having 'just leather armour' when really they're kitted out in silversteel, it's lame. On the other hand it might end up being a case of people expecting to be 'examined' rather than writing themselves.

Wouldn't this look better if it were an inventory type screen that players get instead of a text list? And slots you cannot see into have a no entry sign.
maryday

Post by maryday »

AlexRose wrote:You could tell if someone's noble from a glance.
Or nude (this would ruin my most favourite mini-game);
:roll: (ever figured out how much grey cloth, or shoes one can carry..to sell?((i can carry 65, and have no more space for the coins;
don`t ask me if i can still walk with them)) :wink: )
I additionally propose loincloths, the most simple trousers(at a weight of zero);

Is PG in you? :twisted:
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

AlexRose wrote:
Rosendil wrote:The #i command is, in my opinion, useless. But saves some time adding new names to your list. The #i command is something like showing your identity card. Do you show everybody who asks you for your name your passport?
No, but when you tell someone your name they know it, and if you tell a fake name and they don't believe you for ooc reasons; they're not worth rping with.
i absolutely hate it when i introduce myself as Merri and eveyone immediately calls me Merrilyn...
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I'd like to see anyone wear a large warhammer under their robe without it looking dodgy :wink: Perhaps there could be hints suggesting the robe seems to hang un-naturally from the person. There could also be a slight random chance people without weapons under their robes get this message too, and a slight chance people with weapons wont show the message. This way you have a hint there may be a weapon concealed but nothing definate. Obviously this would only count for weapons of a certain side, small weapons like daggers etc. would be easy to hide.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

This idea is just logic, people could see other's character's wearings without asking them to fill the screen with descriptions.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hermie wrote:I'd like to see anyone wear a large warhammer under their robe without it looking dodgy
#me seems to have a large lump under his cloak
#me is talking to meriel
maryday

Post by maryday »

Examine command yes again, but only the appearance(combined from clothing and health), examples;

Char A is dressed in bad, slightly torn black robes and has dark shadows around the eyes.
((No one will see the collection of daggers..))

Char B is dressed in a finely crafted blue cloak and a expensive hat, her/his cheeks show up a good nutrition.
She/He is carrying a staff.

((A tailor could see the quality of the clothings, and a smith could see the quality of the "seen" weaponry or armor;))

To avoid a permanent misuse of this "Examine-Command", a auto-emote could be implied, like:
(someone1234) gazes at (some4321).
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Is that really necessary?
If you want to know what someone wears, make "#me glaces at *person*s clothes and weapons."
Most people have the answer on a F-key.