Loggers

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

xBaurusx

Loggers

Post by xBaurusx »

I am pretty pissed right now at loggers.... me and a few others have been creating a bandit gang, we always have our targets on the run with a soon death... but everyone of them logged... in total we chased down to rob 8 loggers... this is not something i want to look forward too when being a bandit.. i think that to solve this you are not allowed to log out if you are targeted as being under ayttack.. to joe cannot log if i have put the red attack circle around him... this makes it only fair to anyone who tries to be a bandit or someone who is just in a fight.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Well, let's say your computer lags with 0 health in a friendly duel? At this point I think logging is okay.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

You cannot prevent someone from closing his/her connection. It would be possible to keep the char passivly ingame for a minute or so after logging if he did not log out in a "safe area" or similar. So you could simply kill him and he would lose pretty much of his skill as a "reward" until he logs back. However it would be sad to have to implement such "educating measures".
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

well how often does that happen? and if that does happen, ina friendly duel, the personw ont run off with your stuff, and its reals tupid to duel away from a cross becuase accidents like that can happen, and if you do lag and your at zero health, logging out isnt possible because of the lag.

Edit: and @ vilarion

Well if thast what it takes to stay ingame after loggout if not ina safe area so that its a bit more fair than thats what i think should happen. otherwise unless your playing with a person who wont log out and will take a little skill loss here or there, you wont be able to get anything. the majority ofm players will log out to avoid death. maybe instead of just dieng, if you log out while under attack maybe a penalty happens.. say they lose a random item in the inventory for doing so. the game is based on roleplay, how do we roleplay this disconnecting to avoid death? and better yet, how do us bandits go on actualy making some money. its very unballanced and unfair.
Last edited by xBaurusx on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Ask Dan. I lagged like hell against a demon skeleton and still could log.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

I'm sorry to sound a little harsh, but bad logs have affected everyone in the past. You must just learn to accept that some people are arses, and to stop complaining about it when it can't be changed.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

The idea of a pasive ingame staying is no good, what if you'd really have to go?

And dude, unbalanced has nothing to do with it, it's a lack of respect towards others, and a lack of respect towards RP.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

How about making logging impossible for some seconds after your character got attacked? Maybe 30 seconds or so.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

So the bandits have someone on the run "with certain death" (no rp option that they can get away if they don't want to be ghosted or possibly give some item to gain their freedom I assume), and the bandits are angry that the char logs off? I know that is not right, to log off, but I thought rp was suppose to have options. Due to the loss of skill and objects, sounds like the victim doesn't have much rp options :(
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

It'd sereously smile up some other stuff, and people would complain about that, and ask to change it back.

We should simply teach the world a bit of respect, get out your bullwhips everyone! :wink:

Achae has a point to, I hate it when things happen like:
Someone wants to attack me, and I want to rp in it still, but while I'd be typing I'd just get killed.

Again, respect eachother and respect rp a bit more.

Why do you think I never have Kevin get in many fights anymore?
Since I know that there'd be a pretty big chance I'd run into some ass who'd cloud me the minuite a sword was raised, leaving no chance to rp.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

xBaurusx wrote:And better yet, how do us bandits go on actualy making some money.
Attack good players, who are rich crafters and non-fighters. Dusty would have been a good example. I think perhaps Thorwald or Gilbert nowadays :wink:
Liles

Post by Liles »

I'm talking to him right now, Sean.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I think making the character stay, like 15 seconds when you log out, should be implemented. It woulnt alter the RP like Achae said..logging out isnt really RP as far as I know, it would only make people understand that logging out in a dangerous situation is pretty crappy.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

exactly, just a simple 15 seconds would be enough to kill the logger if he was running because of low health.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

Achae Eanstray wrote:So the bandits have someone on the run "with certain death" (no rp option that they can get away if they don't want to be ghosted or possibly give some item to gain their freedom I assume), and the bandits are angry that the char logs off? I know that is not right, to log off, but I thought rp was suppose to have options. Due to the loss of skill and objects, sounds like the victim doesn't have much rp options :(
sorry for double post but it does have options it ahs tons
Before i attack my victom i give them 10 seconds to give me what i want, if not i attack. after that about half way through i stop, back off and say that they have one last chance before i finish them, if still not then i attack more... thast enough options for a bandit to give, dont you think? two tiems choices, and even sometimes when they run i give them a last chance while i chase them.
Taeryon Silverlight

xBaurusx wrote:...if he was running because of low health.
So you want to make it impossible to run away from the robbers, too? Sounds somehow unfair, don't you think and also I doubt any of us in the real world would stay with a robber if he could run :wink:
Liles

Post by Liles »

He has a good point, he didn't know it was a rule break. No need to punish him. Sean, we're at Trollsbane shop if you wanna talk with him. Just don't flip out and kill him.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

thast nto what i said, i said that he was running becuase of low health, thast totaly fine, run! trya dn get away! the larger the cahse the better, Byut logging out while running? thast completely unfair!

and Liles, its not only him... its people that ive seen ingame before.. 7 other people have doen the same thing... im not punishing JUST HIM i am punishing every other logger as well... think about it... 8 people... 1 week.. rahz bandited exactl wednesday of last week.. thats when he started.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Uhm, 10 seconds is hardly enough for some people, some people wanna rp a bit to and stuff. And some write more than #me gives the man stuff.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The topic is not about should the bandits give time to people to RP, its about not letting people log out on you, logging out is NOT a way to flee, god damnit.
Taeryon Silverlight

But when the chars stay in the world for some seconds after they're logged out, it would be a good chance for someone to pk them and take their stuff and the logged out person wouldn't even know his/her number. Also, why do you have to use clouding as a threat? I mean my robber robbed out about eight persons now without needing any skill. No one get clouded, because he did threatments ig. Sometimes he tries to hold a dagger to their stomach or what ever. Do some RP to keep them, so that you can rob them. That makes more fun for the robbed one and should be funnier for you, too, since we all love rp :wink:

Ps: I even managed that the robbed ones are so scaried that the rest of the world doesn't even know they got clouded :lol:

Edit: not clouded, but robbed
Last edited by Taeryon Silverlight on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:Uhm, 10 seconds is hardly enough for some people, some people wanna rp a bit to and stuff. And some write more than #me gives the man stuff.
Well 10 seconds is jsut a number, and if they respond, it obviously gives them more time... it does NOT take 10 seconds to right, okay! fin! or... just Fine! here!
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Taeryon Silverlight wrote:But when the chars stay in the world for some seconds after they're logged out, it would be a good chance for someone to pk them and take their stuff and the logged out person wouldn't even know his/her number. Also, why do you have to use clouding as a threat? I mean my robber robbed out about eight persons now without needing any skill. No one get clouded, because he did threatments ig. Sometimes he tries to hold a dagger to their stomach or what ever. Do some RP to keep them, so that you can rob them. That makes more fun for the robbed one and should be funnier for you, too, since we all love rp :wink:

Ps: I even managed that the robbed ones are so scaried that the rest of the world doesn't even know they got clouded :lol:
It would only be around 15 seconds, if you log out at a secluded place (like people should do) you woulnt have problems.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I log out in the shop. Kinda of embarrasing really when I log in...
Liles

Post by Liles »

Somebody put battlelogging in the rules

The reason the Jan logged out was because he didn't think it was wrong.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

xBaurusx wrote:
Kevin Lightdot wrote:Uhm, 10 seconds is hardly enough for some people, some people wanna rp a bit to and stuff. And some write more than #me gives the man stuff.
Well 10 seconds is jsut a number, and if they respond, it obviously gives them more time... it does NOT take 10 seconds to right, okay! fin! or... just Fine! here!
SOme people like #me's to.
Some people may show emotion.

That's all I'll say >_>
Grant

Post by Grant »

It seems that most people don't even read the rules though.
Liles

Post by Liles »

He did, and made an honest mistake, now he knows better, though.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

To make a little summary before you end this discussion with anything, that has nothing to do with the topic.

We have at least 3 points here which should be noticed:

Logouts during fights with the aim so keep the life of the own char. This is forbidden!

Logouts because of lag/Connection closed - Thats very hard for all, but no player can do something against it.

The problem is to can make differences. It is possible to see if a player loged out, because he does not want to play with the others, that he want to save the life of his char? Uhm, my technical knowledge is limited, but i think its not possible to get control about this.... The only thing is to keep an open eye. If single players repeat their behavoir you can see any conditions for this - the wish of the player to logout or not.

The last point here was "RP vz technical engine". The life of a bandit in Illarion and the life of the player behind of a badit charackter is very hard in Illarion.
If he uses the engine and attributes of his char too often everyone would call him a PK without a sense for roleplay.
If the player only roleplay his bandit he never will have sucess, because the most of his victims will use the engine too flee, to kill him or to logout.
Great fun for a player of a bandit!

Sometimes i get the feeling, that we have some players who only want to roleplay, without to use the engine of the game (except of the chat). Very nice, very friendly and very, very fair. But people like them would have more fun in a IRC-chatroom than with playing in Illarion, because using the enginge is allowed and wished...

It needs a way in the mid of both. A bandit must be a charackter with good attributes and skills and he needs his fights, because a bandit/robber/muderer has to use the enginge to get his success. But of course it is no offer for a bandit to kill all his victims. Illarion is a roleplay game with an engine. That means the use of the engine need a sense. A robber or thief does not kill all his vitims. He would be a murderer, no thief. And muderers were executed sooner or later, in Illarions history too. So keep an eye at the consequences of your acting.

And i am no friend of thief-players, which have to ask their victim-players OOC before they can act with each other...
Last edited by Lennier on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

once again liles, its not just him... its a load of other people as well.