An Apology to the Illarionites

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gilthas

An Apology to the Illarionites

Post by Gilthas »

I am writing this apology to everyone who plays Illarion. A little while ago I broke two severe rules while playing Illarion. I did not know at the time I was breaking rules but ignorance is no excuse. The two rules I broke were having two accounts simultaneously, and character crossing. So everyone knows you can only have one account. I had some characters on one and a few random ones on another. Also, I let one of my characters into Silverbrand which is highly illegal. I used a dwarf to unlock the gates and allow my human character to enter there. I also broke those same two rules simultaneously because my dwarf was on one account and my human on the other and I was character crossing. I am writing to say I am sorry to everyone for my wrong doings and I hope you will accept my apology. What I did was wrong in several aspects especially in the fact of those who follow these rules. I am terribly sorry. I hope you can all forgive me and anyone who has broken these two rules or is breaking any other ones will learn from my foolish mistakes. I really enjoy Illarion and have since I started playing more than a year ago. It is a great game and when you break the rules you ruin it for everyone. I once more offer my sincerest apologies to the GM's, the Seers, the Devs, the rest of the Illarion team, and my fellow players. Please consider all that I have said.

Deepest Regrets,
Chris, PO Richard Martins, PO Gilthas, and PO Foraker
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Forgiven in my eyes. I once accidently did something like this in my first week of illarion, though it was more item crossing :S

I still have like three accounts AAAAH *runs*
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

Dont worry I have broken a rule I was unaware of last time I played illarion in the older client. Needless to say my account was banned but a few words with some gms got me back on the right track.
Mistakes are good, it means we can learn from them
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

For me is forgiven too. I hope, the staff will see it so.

I know many of your chars, for good and for bad *G*

You played Gilthas well and with him a noble charakter.

It was the fault of many players, too, not tell you, when seeing it, like i saw, that you was mixing knowlegde and not teaching you the rules. I though, that you knew it. Now it seems, that i have had a good chance to help and not used it. Sorry from my part.

Miguel
PO Thariel, Po Thorgrimm, PO Caldrion etc..
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Well, I guess by posting this you've decided it was wrong, and learned, ect ect.
I forgive ya.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

tisk tisk what fun is it to even be in sliverbrand..........I will get in one day, just wait and see you dwarfs

you really shouldn't worry about the stats and item part of illarion though. It can also be lots of fun getting the crap beat out of you or just trying to get character to turn on each other for the characters own reason. Try out its lots of fun and the people that RP dont really care if its their own character being ruined as long there some good RP to be found.

I guess I can forgive you, eventhough It proablly didnt effect me a lot
Llama

Post by Llama »

Well

Very noble of you to apologise publically

*bows in front of him symbolically*
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Not at all.
The staff suggested him to do so, to show us that he has learned his lesson. Otherwise his char wouldn't be unbanned.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Well

Very noble of you to apologise publically

Agreed

curtsies and gives a forgiving smile
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Arien Edhel wrote:Not at all.
The staff suggested him to do so, to show us that he has learned his lesson. Otherwise his char wouldn't be unbanned.
Duh...

..Why else would somebody publically post an apologly like this?

Also, the bold text is annoying
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

Alkuurg wrote:
Arien Edhel wrote:Not at all.
Duh...

..Why else would somebody publically post an apologly like this?

Also, the bold text is annoying
Whatever.

He has to have "cojones" to write here and apologize - and it doesnt matter if the staff suggested him to do this.

they didnt forced him
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Well, it was either apologise or lose the ability to play. Nothing like putting the fear of the staff into the proles, eh Arien?
Gilthas

Post by Gilthas »

*fingers crossed* lol yeah it was suggested but i did not have to i just have real good rp withese characters that i have built over the time they have been in illarion one is a very high alderman been for a while gilthas is a priest in training and richy well richy is richy Yeah achae i want to rp as co mayors thatlll be fun
Grant

Post by Grant »

Man, if you break a rule your not supposed to tell the entire community you did it. How stupid are you?

And let me get this straight, you play Achae too?! And isn't Mark going with her ig? :shock:
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Grant wrote:Man, if you break a rule your not supposed to tell the entire community you did it. How stupid are you?

And let me get this straight, you play Achae too?! And isn't Mark going with her ig? :shock:
looks at the note and giggles

((That is such an honor, thank you! But sorry, I'm the PO of Achae. ))

politely curtsies, brushes the hair from her eyes and turns to leave with a little chuckle
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I am glad to know how po achae reacts to varying situations.

I will never forgive.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I'm glad the policy of maintaining the anonymity of rule breakers has been replaced with extorting public confessions out of them.

I hope no one means to imply that this would have resulted in a permanent ban had he not agreed to this?
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

no just an open stoning of him

.... and I dont mean get togther and get high.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Korwin wrote:I hope no one means to imply that this would have resulted in a permanent ban had he not agreed to this?
Japheth wrote:Well, it was either apologise or lose the ability to play. Nothing like putting the fear of the staff into the proles, eh Arien?
He only lost the ability to play certain characters. He could have gone on playing with his others.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

I unbanned the account in question.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Well spoken, Chris.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Don't fret over it lad. We all make mistakes... and the gms can testify that i have made my fare share over the years i have played Illarion (which is..5-6 years). You will learn from your mistake, as we all have to. Do i forgive you? For this mistake yes, your roleplaying is good, and i sense you are a good lad, just so long as you do not make a habit of this :wink:

Mike,
PO: Revlen, Willum Wildthorn, Conner Rapthar, Dran Rapthar (this list goes on and on and on.)
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

Korwin wrote:I'm glad the policy of maintaining the anonymity of rule breakers has been replaced with extorting public confessions out of them.

I hope no one means to imply that this would have resulted in a permanent ban had he not agreed to this?
I totally agree with that.

I'm friendly with most GMs/Staff members, but I really think it's low to threaten someone for an appology.
What use is an appology if it's not sincere?

I'm not saying Chris' isn't sincere, but in general, an apology who's forced is actually stated for the only reason to obtain, in this situation an unban.
Llama

Post by Llama »

He wants to play so much that he's even ready to humiliate himself....

Seems forgiving to me :P
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Ereaes wrote:Don't fret over it lad. We all make mistakes... and the gms can testify that i have made my fare share over the years i have played Illarion (which is..5-6 years). You will learn from your mistake, as we all have to. Do i forgive you? For this mistake yes, your roleplaying is good, and i sense you are a good lad, just so long as you do not make a habit of this :wink:

Mike,
PO: Revlen, Willum Wildthorn, Conner Rapthar, Dran Rapthar (this list goes on and on and on.)
You're the PO of Connor the bandit? O_o
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

No, he is not.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Hum... I thought it was odd ^_^
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Conner****** Not Connor. Two different chars.