Fairy suggestion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Senjana Sternenkind

Fairy suggestion

Post by Senjana Sternenkind »

I would like if fairies could fly over water.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Almost as much as I would like to see lizards go in water.
Theon

Post by Theon »

Not all water, I hope. "Oh no I'm being chased by a monster, I shall hover out a bit into the sea to heal. There done, now I'll attack again." Obviously that wouldn't be said by the person but you understand.
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

[sarcasm] And I'd like to see Priests going over water, because Jesus could do that too [/sarcasm]

no really...which advantages do you believe to gain through walking/flying over water?
Theon

Post by Theon »

Nerian Finera wrote:[sarcasm] And I'd like to see Priests going over water, because Jesus could do that too [/sarcasm]

no really...which advantages do you believe to gain through walking/flying over water?
Realism?
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

Cawdor wrote:
Nerian Finera wrote:[sarcasm] And I'd like to see Priests going over water, because Jesus could do that too [/sarcasm]

Realism?
pff...who needs realism? but well...fleeing before monsters and such could be somehow unfair
Ganon Harper

Post by Ganon Harper »

If you can fly then I think your entitled to playing a slightly unfair advantage. :?
pharse

Post by pharse »

then I demand that elves are able to camouflage in the wilderness :roll:
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

Darla Nightcast wrote:If you can fly then I think your entitled to playing a slightly unfair advantage. :?
it's not only a slight advantage...you could fly over water and shoot at someone with a bow
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Class system, anyone? :?
Theon

Post by Theon »

There could be a toddy fairy trader who mods nails into weapons and fills the gap of rings to make shields. But then again I don't think fairies are that small.
Llama

Post by Llama »

What about not being able to move (or move REALLY slowly) when its windy? and taking damage when its raining?

Naah... would give too much of an advantage to them...

But #me hides in a flower is acceptable :P
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

By the time the features you all suggested implement, my Solumn already is older as elves.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I like the idea of fairies doing shortcuts. They should also be harder to kill but when you hit them they die.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I think that if fairies fight anything bigger than a pig the animal/monster has a chance to eat the fairy.
Snow should kill fairies, too.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Use the search function.

No characters will be permitted to travel over water because it means they would be able to abuse the feature and reach area's of the map they're not supposed to.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

you could implement some kind of exhaustion
5 tiles flying over water without any chance of landing and the char is clouded :lol:
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I can think of two ideas that 'kindof' implement this...

1) It's already scripted that you can walk over 1 tile of water (very thin streams)... so would it be possible that fairies could 'walk' over 2 or 3 tiles' depth?

2) Make a separate riverwater/seawater tile, and make them able to go over riverwater but not seawater.

Either of these would add a touch more realism for the fairies, but prevent the abuse concerns.
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

Cawdor wrote: Realism?

If that's what you're going for, half of Illarion wouldn't exist. :wink:
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

well for one thing fairies can only carry very few items, so that is already a disadvantage as our max strength is 4. our max contsitution is only 8, so you hit us and we not far from dead. but think, fairies should be able fly on water or something like that because lets face it, that is what the would do to get away. now as for the size of fairies, i think the tallest fairies can get to 2 feet 6 inches, where the smallest is 7 inches i think. but fairies should be able to fly over at least some water. lizards should be able to swim to for the reason that, in every background of lizards they are living in it. their cities are underwater for crying out loud. to prevent abuse, create a seperate tile that looks like see but can't be walked on. then you can make it so that they can only walk where you want.
Markous

Re: Fairy suggestion

Post by Markous »

Senjana Sternenkind wrote:I would like if fairies could fly over water.
Not possible.
Halvdan

Post by Halvdan »

why markous?
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

Silas Farron wrote:I think fairies could fly over water... but be punished with severe other disadvantages, as:
-Not able to mine or smith at all
-Not able to lumberjack or carve
-Only able ot carry VERY few items
-Unable to do any lsashing/concussion or other close combat
sorry for the double post but this one here bugged me and i forgot about it.
NO YOU NUT. if that happened fairies would be able to do almost nothing and noone would play a fairy. fairies would be EXCELENT smiths because the are very fast, very good dexterity and because of there size they would be able to do the FINEST detail. fairies could mine, just not very well or fast because of low strength so they wouldn't. same for lumberjack. fairies so could fight. their slashing weapons would just be alot smaller then ours. however you shouldn't really see any fairy fighters anyway because they are not a violent race. and look at it this way, if i where a fairy and was chased, i would fly a 100 or so feet in the air, which i do rp, but rp doesn't work on monsters and noobs who don't know how to rp. being able to fly over water would just make fairies good messengers and be able to travel the land faster, lizards to but since they would have to swim they wouldn't travel across water as fast as fairies.
Llama

Post by Llama »

NirAntae wrote:I can think of two ideas that 'kindof' implement this...

1) It's already scripted that you can walk over 1 tile of water (very thin streams)... so would it be possible that fairies could 'walk' over 2 or 3 tiles' depth?

2) Make a separate riverwater/seawater tile, and make them able to go over riverwater but not seawater.

Either of these would add a touch more realism for the fairies, but prevent the abuse concerns.
Add the same ability to lizardfolk then....

Number 2 is acceptable IMHO, but make it impossible for them to fight ....
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

We could find alot of features for races to do >.> lizards swim, fairies fly over water, elven clim in trees.... and so on.... I guess that'll be too much to do that all, maybe the devs think about it in a great update/version update.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

NirAntae wrote:1) It's already scripted that you can walk over 1 tile of water (very thin streams)...
Thats wrong.
A river consists of the real river and the transion tiles. You can walk over transion tiles (gras - water). Thin rivers consist only of 2 transion tiles and no real plain water tile. So you can walk over them.
NirAntae wrote:so would it be possible that fairies could 'walk' over 2 or 3 tiles' depth?
I fear this is not possible because the server doesn't know where the closest tile, you can normaly walk on is. Such a calculation would be pretty slow i fear.
NirAntae wrote:2) Make a separate riverwater/seawater tile, and make them able to go over riverwater but not seawater.
This would be the only possibility. Some slightly server changes would be needed and, not to forget, a amazing amount of work for our map editors.

Nitram
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Eh, changing tiles is not so bad Nitram. ;) Especially if I only have to target the rivers. But that aside.
Poots

Post by Poots »

I don't think it would be much work, especially if Misjbar says so. But I don't see a need, other than realism. I can also see alot of arguments on this, on how it would give the race an unfair advantage. Remember the elven teacher? It's the same thing.
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

dude fairies are majorly disadvantaged with the lack of strength. and trust me it does make things harder for a fairy. so this would just make it even.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I have never played a fairy myself, but wouldn't it be suffiecient to "simulate" flying when fairy character ignore the speed modifaction of tiles and always "walk" at full speed?