Inappropriate Storylines

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Quinnalin Puideraline

Inappropriate Storylines

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

I have noticed a number of inapropriate storylines popping up as of late.

The intent of this board is to be a sister board to the "Another name to kill" board, in bringing the rule-breaking plots to the groups attention and to find an appropriate way to play them.

Specifically, there are several players RP-ing a vampire plot right now (though at the time I cannot specifically recall their tags). I do not belive the creators indended this in their game. If you happen to over hear anyone speak of this storyline please report it here. :D
Last edited by Quinnalin Puideraline on Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Vampires are a myth. They don't exist in Illarion. That's been decided by the staff years ago. Period.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

you mean something like this?:
Lady Samantha Meryadeles: Du machst eine magische Reise.
Du hörst: i have to log off ill see you later
Du hörst: He and one Zalun'din.. Went to Hellbriar..
Du hörst: take care friend
Du hörst: how do you add pepoles names
Jemand (XXXXXXX): ((not))
Lady Samantha Meryadeles: ((please dont speak the ooc loud. tell him to whisper it))
Jemand (XXXXXXXXX) nods. "I hear rumors that she is a vampire"
Jemand (XXXXXXXXX): bye
Lady Samantha Meryadeles: ((and there are no vampires ig, so dont rp them. thank you))
i think they have ignored me. since they havent responsed.
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

Adano Eles wrote:Vampires are a myth. They don't exist in Illarion. That's been decided by the staff years ago. Period.

But as Samantha Pointed out, There are still people playing into it. People who are calling themselves vampires.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

no thats not what that noobie dood waswsaying, he was making fun of samantha, 'i hear that she is a vampire' doesnt say they are playing one but only that Samantha is a complete bitch..... or she sucks blood.... i cant much tell. basicly shes really mean or strict or something maybe a vampire would be, personality wise.
Samantha Meryadeles

He hasnt meant samantha. because he doesnt know her *rolls eyes*. i just passed by when he was telling that. they were talking with each other about someone other.

And whoever plays a demon, half demon, drow, halfdrow or vampire. tell it a gm. it is not allowed to play such roles, and if, than just with gm allowness
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:He hasnt meant samantha. because he doesnt know her *rolls eyes*. i just passed by when he was telling that. they were talking with each other about someone other.

And whoever plays a demon, half demon, drow, halfdrow or vampire. tell it a gm. it is not allowed to play such roles, and if, than just with gm allowness
Why? Outside in the RL are much people running around and saying they are Napoleon or the devil or a vampire and belive what they say. Only they say they are Demons doesn't make them demons.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Isn't this all kind of contradicting the rumours thread?..
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

the problem is, that when people start to #me their appearance and such...
this would go for halfdrow and stuff - but of course - why would a half drow mix with the normal townsfolk and someone attacking you is attacking you, wether it's a drow or not

arrrr
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Most poeple do not consider the whole Human vs every other race (except the obvious ones) So when someone thinks "I know! lets make a half drow!"

They do not consider the thing that the Drow would have ripped apart a human that even tried to mate with it.

The one i heard once was "my mother got raped by a drow"....

Samantha Meryadeles

a drow would kill either himself than raping a human woman...or anything else thats not drow
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Vampires should be playable, with gm approval. That's my oppionion, so there. :wink:
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Adano Eles wrote:Vampires are a myth. They don't exist in Illarion. That's been decided by the staff years ago. Period.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I was just stating my thoughts.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

When somebody seriously is playing a creature not supported by our character creation, e.g.: demons, vampires, drows, half-dragons, half-breeds, ect,
you can kindly inform the player that this is not allowed.
(Rule of thumb: 'Everything you can not pick at creation, you can not play.')

If the player is not listening to your friendly words you can report him to either a seer, or any other authority at hand.

But keep in mind, if the character of the player is just "saying" that he or she is a vampire, posessed by a demon, a werewolf, alergic to firnis, there is still the possibility that the character is simply lieing.

A #me however is stating a fact.
(e.g.: #me has vampire teeth and the aura of undead.)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

"Rule of thumb: 'Everything you can not pick at creation, you can not play"

Thank you for bringing this topic up, I wasn't aware of this issue and have RP with some claiming to be a vampire (but their char may be lying, I haven't seen a description). If they don't see this topic, I will inform in ooc when my char sees them just to make sure all are aware.

(sort of a shame, it was fun)
Last edited by Achae Eanstray on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

So you are saying half elfs are not allowed?
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

So no Vampires in the world of Illarion. What about were-creatures?
And where to find those infos (again: the availbale world background is unfortunately not very accessable)?
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Skaalib, it is only a rule of thumb, I will not start to ban Half-Elves.
However, technicaly a Half-Elf is different to a Human or an Elf, they are an own race.

If I would be in the position of a player in said situation I would simply pick a "dominant side" and drop the other side of my characters heritage.

Miklorius, I coverd "were-creatures" in my post. They are not aviable for players.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I don't really care if it is allowed or not, to be honest my paladin has a vampire woman he had to kill earlier in his life that crushed his religion. I feel it is good roleplay, it hinders no one else and so long as no one goes on a pking spree because they are said vampire, why do you care?

Please answer, why do you care wether vampires exist or not?

(please refrain from saying "damien said so!")
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Because people should not give their characters random superpowers.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I feel that random superpowers would fall into unnessasary pking.

And also, lets not forget people already give their characters basically super powers when their skill can never back it up, "theif making no noise at all/knight uprooting a tree with his barehands" etc.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Just for quests and such mostly I meant.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

A vampire could be roleplayed successfully if the character stayed indoors during the day (pretty nifty that we have night and day graphics) and "feasted" at night.. like theives do, it would involve roleplay of the other allowing them to be "feasted" on. Of course you would need to be more roleplay orientated with a vampire and certainly be hunted by many if you are ever found out. But besides that I see no legitimate problems, it is just like roleplaying a theif or a moshran worshipper, if you slip up your screwed and killed many times.

And just so yall know, you don't become a vampire when you get bit, you need to be drained of your own blood and then you need to drink the blood of a vampire.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

There is another reason why such things are not allowed. Because they would happen to become common. Illa is not a vampire game. It's a medieval fantasy game.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Thats a silly arguement. The same thing occured with goblins and and fairies when they were implemented. Many people decided to create that character and those specific races outnumbered the others for a week or so then people got over it. The same thing would occur I assume, if not to a lesser extent as I doubt that many would make a vampire for the sake of making a new human character thats a vampire. Especially when they would be harmed physically often.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

There are many ways played on how one becomes a vampire, though in most cases I know it's the way Sam said. I remember some awesome rp with someone. A child nearly died because a certain vampire flipped. That vampire then donated her blood to him, and he became something he hated... Awesome.

And yes, Vampires should be rare. :wink:
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Allowing people to play everything means they will play everything, without control by the gms. There have to be rules, and the rule is, no such things.

And you should read Dracula for once and drop that modern nonsense. A vampire is created by one feeding repeatedly on the same victim until the victims becomes too weak and dies.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

As I said, there are many ways possible to rp it. Not everything written down is true, and rp is rp and rp is not rl.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Dracula is the classic vampire book. Everything else is modern invention to fit vampires with science or make them useable in roleplaying systems.