Inappropriate Storylines

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Japheth

Post by Japheth »

but im sure you'd notice them if you ever roleplayed with them when together
She is taller than him.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

precisely :/ which destroys his manly ego.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I didn't read all the last things, but about the humans and elves comment.

Chars in Illarion are quite very much different from those in rl.
We have very few warriors with fears. Near every character is nice, beautifull, awesome, cunning, extraordinary and what ever.

RP should be fun, it should be different, though in some ways with the 'I pwn at everything.' chars it's just plain stupid in my case.
Exeptions make the chars special, but with those options left free to choose things will go out of hand. People will keep coming up with things to make their chars special, not just rping them the way they are/where.

Every character is special, just like every human people say, but everyone wants themselves or their children or such to be more special than others.

RP games like Illarion should in my eyes not be played by strict rules on this topic, it ruins many posibillities for awesome roleplay.
Elves shouldn't all have to look down on humans(One Misjbar is enough, though another could be fun ;) ) Not all elves are intollorant and mocking.

RL has white people who will have sex with/marry a black person for example. Why should Illarion not?
Of course we should dissalow some things unless we want snakebirdbullparrotmen. But I say on some occasions, by people who have proven themselves good enough such rules should fade. A vampire could just as well be human as orcish the way I'd see it.
Though a vampire would only be able to play at night if we take it by the general rules people seem to set.

Halforges and such of course would be a big impossibility. Halforcs the same to an extent, but it should be possible on some occasions in my head, it could just be an orc with some humanlike features.

I think people should have an open mind to such things in a community like this. Not just say "Vampire, ban him." It's just a character still, if he sticks to the role, and has no awesome advantages it's totaly fine by me.

I want a succubi char now. :twisted:
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:
I want a succubi char now. :twisted:
I would hope you mean an incubi
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

what about a half orc/oger
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Hu'greu wrote:what about a half orc/oger
hm... hawt!
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

There has been half orc ogres, 9ft orcs etc. they were rped really good and should be ok.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

I agree. No half races sucks.
FTW.
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

*chuckles*

I never thought my inquery would cause so much of an uproar. *chuckles*

As for halfbreeds, sure it could exist. afterall we are called different races not species. I mean, most americans I'm sure have had the conversation of "What's your ethnicity" at some point or another (perhaps it just me personally because I'm asked all the time in RL). Usually in that case numerous answers are counted off one right after the other. So why not half. It is possible.

Vampires, like dracula, however are out of place. as has been pointed out, it belongs in the victorian era. But, the behaviour is still appropriate for the era.
Specifically, one could note Vlad the Impaler from the 1500's (or there abouts) from which the dracula character was based. So yeah I could definately see where a bloodthirsty moshran worshipper can come into play. just as long as it's not #me is a vampire. or #me has two small circular incisions on the neck from what looks to be a vampire... etc etc.

in short: I agree
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Quinnalin Puideraline wrote:*chuckles*

I never thought my inquery would cause so much of an uproar. *chuckles*

As for halfbreeds, sure it could exist. afterall we are called different races not species. I mean, most americans I'm sure have had the conversation of "What's your ethnicity" at some point or another (perhaps it just me personally because I'm asked all the time in RL). Usually in that case numerous answers are counted off one right after the other. So why not half. It is possible.

Vampires, like dracula, however are out of place. as has been pointed out, it belongs in the victorian era. But, the behaviour is still appropriate for the era.
Specifically, one could note Vlad the Impaler from the 1500's (or there abouts) from which the dracula character was based. So yeah I could definately see where a bloodthirsty moshran worshipper can come into play. just as long as it's not #me is a vampire. or #me has two small circular incisions on the neck from what looks to be a vampire... etc etc.

in short: I agree
My thoughts exactly. :D
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Keep it in-game?

This is just a silly suggestion, although if you read in between the lines, it might appear less silly. A big deal of roleplaying to me is about going with the flow.

What I'm trying to say is that it might be interesting to challenge (even if only verbally) "vampiric powers" of a self-proclaimed child of the night and see what happens.

Or those of a strange half-breed or whatever creature someone comes up with.

Just a thought.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I agree but the problem is with Illarion, every character who roleplays a extreme character ie Vamp etc. Needs the skill to back it up, or he dies. :)

And to have the skill you need to play for say 4 months ;] in which he could not make contact with any other characters, and just powergame.

Or he could be pushed, and then have 100 poeple moan that thier characters are not pushed as well ;]

Damn i love this shit
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Ill make a vampire and he'll be uber in say .. 1 month?
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

I will make a fair/oger and it will be uber the second its made
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Ill make a vampire and he'll be uber in say .. 1 month?
Impressive Sam son, wax on, wax off.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

you could also play the whole rise and fall and get out and play an evil character, needing to make dark contacts, rise his skills in hidden places and play tricks on the townsfolk, until he got his evil minions, powerful weaponry/magic and the power to enslave the whole isle :twisted:

i dunno, damien makes the background
he says, that there are no real halfbreeds or atleast very few

but you all start to moan that there sure are and underline it with other games' setting

big deal
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

There was an attempt not long ago to make a place where evil characters could be evil, roleplay and develop without powergaming.

However this was the worst thing ever to happen to Illarion and made everyone leave.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

i don't know, maybe it's because of the pushed characters, which everyone mentions when talking about anything

but a character, needing to get everything on his own, maybe pretending and identity and continuing his work in the shadows, should be playable. if he builds a dark castle/tower or whatever or founds a guild with his evil comrads, building a place of their own, why not having evil parties around?

the big failure is the support from the devs/gms for those, i guess. because everyone starts to moan about unfair play and stuff. but if you skill on your own and trick everyone, doing some good rp, nobody has the right to moan about it. because you did it yourself, without help

this will take some time, but it's worth it, i guess
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

The main problem with the temple in my opinion was that they were working right under everyones nose, everyone knew they were there, they were walking around openly and so on.
It already started when a certain drow walked into town, told everyone to come, he wanted to recreate an evil cult and everyone would be welcome to join.
An evil society, just as an underground society of criminals, only works if they work without people knowing of their existence.
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

but here comes the main problem
many cannot differ ic and ooc and secrets pass on and on and on and on...
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Unfortunately, yes. But a little rumour won't hurt anyone.
On the other side, a part of the map turning into a lava pit and then declaring themselves an evil nation publically is not what I consider working in the shadows.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

The problem wasn't IC it was OOC.

We announced ourselves openly and walked freely because we were IC strong enough to do so.

I didn't rekon on having to hide it from people OOC.

It was the moaning OOC that destroyed our will to play the Temple. Not IC events.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Nalzaxx wrote:The problem wasn't IC it was OOC.

We announced ourselves openly and walked freely because we were IC strong enough to do so.

It was the moaning OOC that destroyed our will to play the Temple. Not IC events.
And why were you strong enough? Because you were loaded with advantages unavailable to other people normally?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Quinnalin Puideraline wrote:*chuckles*

Vampires, like dracula, however are out of place.
Achae didn't know what a vampire was when told and it was explained to her that an evil drow put a curse on the family. She invisioned an illness that caused the need for different food then others but there was no special powers noted and the vampire walked around in day as well as night. She, as a Druid, was trying to find a special tea that would make the need for blood lessen. :wink:
As far as a different race...the vampire looked like an elf and she was told it was a curse, not a different race..
(I'm of mixed feelings about the idea...it was fun to play...and I think if played right could blend into the society well, but can also see someone not playing it to blend in well..and "turning" everyone into a vampire needing blood and assuming special powers.)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

NM..double posted
Last edited by Achae Eanstray on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:
Nalzaxx wrote:The problem wasn't IC it was OOC.

And why were you strong enough? Because you were loaded with advantages unavailable to other people normally?
Because we had half a dozen active members who worked as a coherent force. Most of what happened was with the playerchars.

It is easy to point the finger and yell 'pushed' when you fail. It is not so easy to accept you failed because you believed that we should be wiped out with clouding all the members.

A lot of the problems with the Temple arose from the fact that many players though it was a quest which should be solved and beaten by the good guys. In actual fact it was intended as permanent support for evil characters, and the help we recieved was so we couldn't be wiped out.

In short, we were pushed so you couldn't do what you thought you should be able to do.

However, that is all in the past now, next time, you won't even know we exist. Or maybe we do already.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Well said.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Its because you could 1 spell kill Stephen/anyone, Nalzaxx. Not because you were king of noobs ;).
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

One moment...
From what I heard there were slight misunderstandings among the staff concerning the temple. Some actually believed it was supposed to be a quest when they granted you advantages.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Its because you could 1 spell kill Stephen/anyone, Nalzaxx. Not because you were king of noobs ;).
That was late into the whole thing.

The wrestling tournament was wholeheartedly my bad though.

@Adano

Yeah, it seems pretty clear now that not everyone saw the Temple as the same thing. Ive explained a zillion times before the story though.