Inappropriate Storylines

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Gwendolin Cad'ell wrote:Then it isn't a surprise anymore that he gets frustrated like this and grows evil. And now it's too late.

But Meriel can still fondle his skull ;)
Ehehe.

Nalzaxx is just a victim of circumstance. It doesn't have anything to do with his lust for power and divinity.

<.<
>.>

*coughs*
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Damien wrote:Since you cannot choose half-elves, there are no half-elves.
Since we have and always had many players running around as half elves, the definition is as follows :

If humans and elves breed - which usually should happen quite rare - and if any offspring comes from that - usually it just does not work or the birth is a failure - then it is either human OR elf.
Fully.
And the char is exactly the char race that was chosen when creating the character.

So, some may call themselves "half elves", but technically they have all traits of the one race they play.
Call me annoying, but what is the reason behind this? Why oh why would a child turn out only human or only elven?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Because you don't see half elven features on your character.

See it just as in Morrowind. Oblivion had a few cross breed NPCs but originally the lore says that children mostly inherit the racial features of their mother.
Ganon Harper

Post by Ganon Harper »

So I can continue to play my crazed necrophilia, Moshran worshiper biting necks so long as she doesn’t #me powers like a vampire?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

You cold also say that, that elf probobly slept around with many different women/men if he/she was open to a human, therefore could have been any number of possible fathers. Also it would seem unlikely that a immortal unaging race would have compatable dna with a human.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Damien wrote:Since you cannot choose half-elves, there are no half-elves.
Since we have and always had many players running around as half elves, the definition is as follows :

If humans and elves breed - which usually should happen quite rare - and if any offspring comes from that - usually it just does not work or the birth is a failure - then it is either human OR elf.
Fully.
And the char is exactly the char race that was chosen when creating the character.

So, some may call themselves "half elves", but technically they have all traits of the one race they play.

I think I kind of disagree with that, for the simple reason that I see elves as a race VERY close to humans. A human and an elf dosent have much more differences than a black human and a white human, its basically the same thing. There ARE physical differences between black and white persons, and not just the skin colour, and AS FAR AS I KNOW, a black person with a white person can have childs together, right?! (thats of course if its female + male..obviously)

You might not have noticed, but A LOT of ig couples are 'human + elf', I do not know if it was meant to be like this, but right now it is. I see no reasons for a human not to court an elf, similar physical and all, but I cant really talk for elves since I do not know their racial background much. So my point is, there should be no biological reasons for childs between a 'human + elf' couple to be prevented to be born, since it is rather illogic.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I agree with Arameh, although i must say, if it was a Orc and human..

my god no!

Humans and elves are simular i agree, so therefore i agree.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Humans are only similar in appearance, are they not meant to be vasty different in every other way? I mean, Elves are almost demi-gods!
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Alkuurg, they are ?

*agrees with Dan*
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

They can live for thousands of years...

..So yes, it is only logical they are not just humans with pointy ears.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

arameh,

to stress your example, elves and humans should be more like humans and chimpanses. (the humans in the role of the apes)

the problem is, that a lot of people have a weird idea about roleplaying.
if it is not romance or outright f*cking, they think it's not roleplay.

an elf, a couple of hundreds years old, should look with arrogance or pity on humans, not have intercourse with them.

or would humans, who are not crazy, regard their pet-guinea pigs as equal?

so, why should elves regard a race, who dies in mere childhood (60 - 70 years) as equals?

korm
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Korm Kormsen wrote:arameh,

to stress your example, elves and humans should be more like humans and chimpanses. (the humans in the role of the apes)

an elf, a couple of hundreds years old, should look with arrogance or pity on humans, not have intercourse with them.

so, why should elves regard a race, who dies in mere childhood (60 - 70 years) as equals?

korm
I agree with the part on how the elves should think about the humans.

But biologically, elves arent apes, they are much more similar than this, and even very different dogs can have childs, no? If elves really did exist in RL, they would be biologically able to have childs with humans, thats quite sure.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

That argument doesn't really stand Arameh. For instance, a horse and a donkey can have children, but the child would be impotent. I mean, do we really want William Elderberry to be impotent? (YES YES!)
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Korm Kormsen wrote:arameh,

korm

agreed what age is concerned, korm, but that was not the question

aaaand ... why do for example women in their mid-twenties or the like marry a man aged 90 or even older ?!
so ... *shrugs* I guess elves are aware of the fact that they in general live a tiny little bit longer than humans
pharse

Post by pharse »

I think that a human and an elf can fall in love. But there will be the point when both realise that they can´t live together till they die and they have to split up although they´re in love (chance for great RP). Or they live together till the human dies if their love is that strong (improbably. consider the elves´ wisdom.). Not every mixed couple can re-play the story of Arwen and Aragorn (she gave up her "long elven life").

Besides: if they really had a child together, there would be a dominant gene thus the baby would be either a human or an elf (so one could play a char with mixed heritage but with specific features). Mutations are very rare.

€dit: for the nitpickers: there could also be two recessive genes :roll:
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I dont have a problem with elves and humans, but i dont think it is acknowledge enoguh that if the elf and human are together and have children, the ELF should FEAR the fact he or she is going to out live their lover, their child, their childrens children, their childrens childrens children and so on.
pharse

Post by pharse »

No problem with that, at all. It´s possible.

But this case would be so BLOODY rare --> perhaps one couple on Gobiath. My statement is just that the very most couples would act like I described. Only a matter of probability and realism.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

If Elves are so intelligent they wouldn't look down on other races just because they dont live as long. It's like pissing off a gorrilla because he's hairy, it might be true, but he can still kill you.

Anyways, about my vampire thing. I dont think its good to be a vampire (because the staff says so, basically - and originally it was also to do with the fact there was no night or day but nevermind) so people should not roleplay a vampire. They may roleplay a person who believes they have such traits though, but they should not gain any special powers etc from doing so.

On the half breed. Okay, say for whatever reason a character has mix race parents, then if you cant have an actual half character then you should only be one race or the other. Yet even though you are a human, you can still claim to be half-something because of your heritage, yet not actually gain any attribute or specialness from it.

So basically, dont be something you can't, but have you char imagine they are. If its all dont well I suppose.

Just my input.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

In the words of Hermie:

"Its like a englishman, speaks english accent, but then claims to be half scottish. they still have the appearence (....wtf) and language of the englishman, yet are half scottish."
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

aaaand ... why do for example women in their mid-twenties or the like marry a man aged 90 or even older ?!
so ... *shrugs*
that one is easy. money is sexy. and there are more old men with money, than young.
aaaand, becoming a young, rich widow has it's advantages too.

--------

i'm a follower of St. Tolkien.

romantic relations between elves and men should be a big exception.
here these ecxeptions are becoming the norm.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Retlak wrote:In the words of Hermie:

"Its like a englishman, speaks english accent, but then claims to be half scottish. they still have the appearence (....wtf) and language of the englishman, yet are half scottish."
Or yeeu an Einglischmon?
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

I suppose I should delete my half faerie half ogre? Darn! I had a great story about the love-afair of the ogre and faerie.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

I don't like half-something characters, I think that if any child is born from different race parents, the child should be one dominant race, not a mix.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

half elfs....

we all played baldur's gate, didn't we?

was nice to have the infravision.

but here is no infravision.
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Gort Greegog wrote:I suppose I should delete my half faerie half ogre? Darn! I had a great story about the love-afair of the ogre and faerie.
xD that is just sick....
tell the story!
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Korm Kormsen wrote:romantic relations between elves and men should be a big exception.
here these ecxeptions are becoming the norm.
Its more often that a elf and human get together than human and human or elf and elf. Strange eh?

Damien never said no to my half sheep race, he only said drows weren't playerchars. I want a half-sheep half-elf now!
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

as a matter of fact, most elfs are played rather crappy
many players complained about that

so i don't wonder that there are many elf/human mixed couples
(not forgetting the cybersex, playing an 'important' role in this case)
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

WickedEwok wrote:as a matter of fact, most elfs are played rather crappy
many players complained about that

so i don't wonder that there are many elf/human mixed couples
(not forgetting the cybersex, playing an 'important' role in this case)

I never heard someone complaining specially about elves' RP

and what about that nonsense about cybersex? o.O you mean only elves or couples with elves cyber ?! :roll:
maryday

some thoughts:

Post by maryday »

First,#ooc;Vampirism: is no disease, but a race by itself, and may not be given furth but on (known)natural ways..
"Living" in a world, never beeing accepted in, Vampires will use any possibility,
to extend their, limited, corporal superabilities, with the unavoidable need for help of
(more or less voluntary) non-vampiric servants.
The tale of Victims beeing "rewarded" with this quesionable gift,
is only a way to keep them as willing slaves to their masters.

Second,rp;Elvens: ..heard a story in a taverns..
About the man and the elvess, beeing ashen-slaves beside me in the soapboiler quarters, before i came to Gobiath...
They were both hardly adults, and deep in love, though the circumstances would be against them.
They wanted to escape.
She had to watch, as He was made fertilizer.
She had been so beautiful and young, but as she was thrown again, into the pits, she started to age..
She could not eat nor drink, never spoke a word again.
She dried away like leafs in autumn, in just two or three days, she looked like a 200yr old human in the end.

Third,rp;Ogres/faeries?: A childlike person lies huddled into a black cloak at the fire in front of Eliza`s, mumbling half-asleep.
"..no leav` me here..",suddenly, she cries up in a wimpering tone "Aaglash!"
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus & Quinasa fell in love many years ago, and thier different races does bring conflict.

I was about to list all the conflicts, but im sure you'd notice them if you ever roleplayed with them when together.

This does not stop the love they hold for each other. They fell in love with the person, not the race.