~ Building Rules / Bauregeln ~

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Athian wrote:That entirely depends on the level of activity in the town.
Each part of this game is somewhat determined by your/someones level of activity.
Athian wrote:All it takes is a majority of people not to care [...]
Hopefully having something/thier home at stake makes them actually care.
Athian wrote:But if your saying Hostilely killing off people that threaten your living space even without the vote of the majority is fine, then I'm sure they'll be even more instability along the way.
Which makes it imperative to have backup of "the masses" for anykind of goverment, which in turn makes it unlikely for the goverment to simply disown you, if they need you.
Athian wrote:And just because a leader is a pain in the you know what doesn't make them entirely unfit, it becomes more of a game of popularity [...].
A game of popularity, that essencially can be summed up with the word "politics".

P.S.:
All hail to my elvish Overlord, please do not take my house away.
Last edited by Keikan Hiru on Fri May 08, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Four active players, none mages, none druids, none knights or members of any other guild will actually be able to build... along with the possibility in town *reads above posts* I am assuming if one player becomes inactive that can be a problem as far as the building?

Are houses/buildings to be discouraged that much? I thought the game liked it as a money sink? I realize Illarion doesn't want buildings all over the island but in all this time I actually haven't seen very many. :?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Achae Eanstray wrote:Four active players, none mages, none druids, none knights or members of any other guild will actually be able to build... along with the possibility in town *reads above posts* I am assuming if one player becomes inactive that can be a problem as far as the building?

Are houses/buildings to be discouraged that much? I thought the game liked it as a money sink? I realize Illarion doesn't want buildings all over the island but in all this time I actually haven't seen very many. :?
From my point of view, the problem are not small private buildings. It's actually the enormous, empty guild buildings. Yes, I can understand why you don't want private houses everywhere, but small private houses are most likely to be more used (as they are easier to rent/sell to other people in case of inactivity) rather than the colossal, echoing empty halls that many guild buildings and towns often are, save for sporadic activity. Private houses, my gut feeling, have much better ratio of tiles-per-utility per each (regularly) active char.

So from my point of view, the staff is as we say here in Finland, "climbing up the tree with the ass going first". They should be making sure that guild buildings are being used (Goldburg?), rather than create a blanket ban on private building/ownership.
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

The problem is, the guild halls are so huge, because they try to invite people to stay there, but people don't stay, thus they try to build it even larger, but most people stay in town anyway, simply because the rp is there, unless you tell people ooc to meet in the guildhallls.

Maybe there needs to be a gildbased system, some kind of bonus for staying and rp'ing there, because even with all tools and ressources, its hard to keep them in the guildhalls.

Edit: I think increasing the ptice for one tile is a bit steed, one tile of street allready costs around 255 Coppers, prices taken from the wikipricelist, and thats just the ressources and the initial Copepr cost, not taking the tools in count.

Its somehow strange how one tile of a road can be as expensiv as a something like chair.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

That's the symptom, not the problem.

The problem is actually low number of players. Or more precisely, low number of players compared to a high number of settlements (Goldburg, TB, Vanima, Orcs of the North, Greenbriar, Caelum, Monastery, Varshikar, Nordmark, Zzyathis, Silverbrand, Magic Academy, Grey Rose, Dji's castle.. and so on).

I mean, the average is probably less than ~2 players online per 'settlement'.

@The Price
It actually might make sense to make the price/tile dependent on the size of the house. Eg, 50 tiles or less, 150/each.. increasing from that.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I said it thousand times and I say it again: in the deepness of the ocean with Vanima! :P
Mary O'Hannon

Post by Mary O'Hannon »

Lennier wrote:
What about individuals that already own homes/buildings/caves? Are they going to be turfed out? or will they be forced to sell, or what?
Of course the current ownerships will stay, as long as a basic activity of the players can be proofed.
What about those who wanted to realize their building plans step by step like they can get money and materials and have allredy done the first step? (i. e. building is allready finished but there's still some funiture missing)

Are they allowed to go on like before or do they need the permission of the town to complete their own house?
Same question if someone wants to change something on a building he allready owns?
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Keikan Hiru wrote: P.S.:
That's the second time I've seen you fanning the flames against Dji on the false presumption that Dji rules anything other than a magic school inside of a castle.

The only person who ever got a free castle was Darlok.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

For your information, my character lives in Tol Vanima.
Sorry to burst your little bubble of an easy broadside against me, but that was just a joke and not connected to Dji, whos character is a human the last time I meet him.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Aegohl wrote:
Keikan Hiru wrote: P.S.:
That's the second time I've seen you fanning the flames against Dji on the false presumption that Dji rules anything other than a magic school inside of a castle.

The only person who ever got a free castle was Darlok.
"IF" Dji rules anything outside of his castle then it's an ig matter. Why are you wasting time blocking something that has no out of character concerns? ...Is what i would say if you weren't being foolish enough to use a term like "free castle" or quoting people over inferences, when no one as even made mention of anything being handed out or given freely to anyone...The only person who's done that is well...you.

If your trying to defend against some phantom conspiracy theory then your doing a crap job by revealing it through your own words.

@ Mary

I think if we are allowed to keep properties that have already come into ownerships then we would be allowed to continue furnishing them. Though They might take a back seat to larger city based projects i could imagine, since those tend to be more for everyone's use rather then a minority of individuals. well at least I hope so ^^

@ Lennier

Is there any standing prices for natural boundaries like water tiles/hedges/stones etc? Or will these tiles and objects only be used in certain circumstances? I for one find that sometimes these types of borders are preferred over walls or other man-made structures, and tend to look nicer in some locations.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

@ Mary

Athian ready found the right words. Ready existing houses of individuals will sty with the current situation. Changes and Additions will happen in debate with me as in all other cases too...

@ Athian

Changes of natural barriers happen in discussion with me case per case, without to place fix conditions here and now.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Today Vilarion implemented an update on the server with a function to can save the ingame situation of the map. Of course i will use this. So take care for your forests again! They are your task now like it was in far past. I only will interfere in cases of abuse :wink:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Oh crap I accidentally burned down the whole map :/
Olive

Post by Olive »

as longas abuse = startign fires when nobody is logged in to deal with this

i guess i wont complain too loudly
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Today Vilarion implemented an update on the server with a function to can save the ingame situation of the map. Of course i will use this. So take care for your forests again! They are your task now like it was in far past. I only will interfere in cases of abuse
This will be VERY nice to plant a tree and actually continue to see it after a map update, thanks! Oh, but instead of just RPing you plant a tree to replace one you may actually have to plant one? *g*
cheffu

Post by cheffu »

THANK you!
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Won't that create a Problem with Naldortrees?

As far as I know you cannot regrow them, but you not only need Naldor in carpentry, but also in building many things, so that will, over short or long destroy every naldor tree on the island.
MagicMirror

Post by MagicMirror »

Maybe implements seeds of Nadors and eldan oaks?
The ne of naldor could look like the conifers one, but I have n idea how the one of the oak should look like.
Blay

Post by Blay »

News wrote:and more then 100 new items that get integrated to the game within the next days.
Maybe this update contains the seeds.
cheffu

Post by cheffu »

its not easy to kill naldor trees....
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I work on an extension of the script that all cuttable trees can be planted.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Did I miss something or is a well missing in the pricelist?
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

It is missing...
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Water's overrated.
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Alli Zelos wrote:Water's overrated.

But on a more serious note, this does seem like a rather huge thing for a settlement to overlook... unless they have a nice spring nearby. Takes some stone, rope, buckets... We fix?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

As for wells, here is what the last guidlines were:

A well is 100 stone blocks
5 naldor logs, 10 boards of conifer
1 rope, 1 bucket

The only thing that I think changes is the wood, depending on other things. But that should be what you wanted. So says my pricelist.