Temple Discussion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nalzaxx

Temple Discussion

Post by Nalzaxx »

Instead of hijacking every other thread in the forum occasionally for discussions on the Temple. I want to centralise the entire debate in one place. (It makes it easier to find when I'm being bitched about)

Feel free to post your complains, compliments, suggestions and anything else related to the Temple.

I will attempt to answer all your questions as well as I can.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I dont agree with the fact that certain characters pay other characters to train them by the use of summoning.

Summoning creatures and healing the person training for coin, IMO is an abuse for what the system was set up for.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

In what sense Darren?

As far as I am aware no-one has ever paid for this service.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

That means Nalzaxx uses his pushed skills to summon monsters against which the temple warriors can fight to train their skills up? thats how i understood that now o_O
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Garett Gwenour wrote:.

Temple - You are equally guilty of roleplaying shittily and getting away with it. The fact that Nalzaxx can have shitty roleplay while maintaining a pushed character shows that the quality of roleplay in this game greatly differs. (I speak of Nalzaxx first recieveing power from Bjolmur and then entirely turning from Bjolmur, betraying her and getting no repurcussions from it, that is shitty roleplay, if we are at all to believe what Moonsilver writes, Bjolmur would have squashed Nalzaxx for this betrayal immediately, but because Nitram likes the player and the player does take advantage of this like, we have to deal with this poor show of roleplay by someone playing a character that should hold the highest par of roleplay). Then to move on to the general players in the temple, (mentioning Ku and Richard), you both are some of the worst players I have ever seen; not only do both of not roleplay properly after being clouded, you don't ever bother to roleplay injured. And again because the GMs are inactive and are turning a blind eye, this type of roleplay is allowed and even congratulated on the "Whos roleplay did you like today" thread. Oh adding onto Richard Martins, the first day I met him I caught him reskilling a noobie elf at the cross, which I reported him to Nitram and again, surprisingly nothing happened, again hammering in the nails in my belief that this game's sense of higher standards of roleplay falls apart because no GM has the fucking balls to take charge and enforce rules and force people to roleplay in this game. This game is NOT fun when such shit goes on at a daily occurence and one of the main reasons I won't be playing until serious changes in this game occur.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Firstly the GM's have done nothing wrong. The Temple has made no rule violations.

I will conceed at times we are subject to pretty crap roleplay. However this will only improve with time and experience of the members. I cannot account for the actions of Ku and Richard. That is the fault of the individual behaviour of them. Though I run the Temple IC and OOC, I am not a GM and not here to nanny them for poor behaviour.

In terms of my own roleplay I will attempt to explain the situation leading up to it:

Originally the Temple of Bjolmur was created by Markous in order to set up an evil player base with the ambition of turning into a permanent base for evil characters. Nalzaxx was already a lich by this point, having been turned in the poison plague quest. It was required to swear an oath to Bjolmur and sign in your own blood. Nalzaxx obviously had no blood to sign the deal and so only his word bound him.

Due to a number of factors the Temple of Bjolmur disintergrated and so for a mixture of IC and OOC reasons Nalzaxx turned from Bjolmur to pursue his own goals. I think the fact Bjolmur is mistress of corruption and lies belays the fact breaking an oath was not considered too high a crime. In either case, Bjolmur herself is unlikely to bother with a single being lieing to her.

After this I set up my own rendition of the Temple of Bjolmur. Officially named "The Temple" I adopted the goal of making a permanent evil player base but felt that this shouldn't mean one had to worship Bjolmur.

I think Ive answered everything there. Just point it out if I have missed something, or if it is unclear.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I'd just like to add:
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
have the good populace
Which good populace? There are not many good chars left. and those few who are are mostly no warriors. everyone else is either evil, bad, or neutral and think evil should exist. good has no chances
Maybe we do, and maybe *you* just don't know them.
Many of these 'neutral' chars you say I am quite sure will fight when it comes to it.

That would be all...
Untill:
-I'm flamed for no true reason and get angry.
-Something comes up that I want to make my comment in.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

But the power he got was from Bjolmur herself, or the mistress. You cannot assume that a creature like that would give out power and then not expect loyalty from her subjects. It would be the same for Moshran, you swear to him and he gives you power, but he would just walk away from him, he would tear you apart for disloyalty. That is how i see it.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

That is actually incorrect. The only thing Nalzaxx recieved from Bjolmur and her Temple was 20 mana potions, an earth wand and 100 innards.

Why do you think we spent so much time collecting essence? That was where Nalzaxx took his power from.
Meriel Pelith
Location: In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one.

Post by Meriel Pelith »

Even though Nalzaxx doesn't say: "please Bjolmur, thanks Bjolmur", doesn't mean that the goddess is upset. After all Nalzaxx is still working for her and/or Moshrans goals.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Nalzaxx wrote:Firstly the GM's have done nothing wrong. The Temple has made no rule violations.
Members have
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Then report them through the appropriate means and they will be dealt with as any other violation would be.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Additional information : The "Temple" is a player supported quest with gm support, therefor official. It may happen that certain players and even NPCs act as pissed as bad players would get after things don't go how they intended, well, that only brings NPCs closer to the players. Anyhow, since both "good" and "bad" player sides seem to complain that the other side is pushed, we seem to have not started too unbalanced here (although the "good" side lost their "push"-item(s) to the "bad" side during battle (even though certain behaviours while looting or after it may be questionable, but such a loss is likely when loosing such a battle)).

There is no permanent "unfair" benefit planned for "evil" nor "good" players after the quest is ended, but the whole matter can take quite a while since things are developing. However it ends, some player characters that were turned into NPCs either risk or even plan a permanent char-RP-death, but that also depends on how things turn out to end.

---

Short review on overall things :

The only drawback from these mostly player steered NPCs is a slight decrease in roleplay quality, for example in racial RP, too many elves were turned into "evil" chars for example, so that the most active/online elven chars were "evil" players at times, a big imbalance to the few necessary stereotypics every roleplay atmosphere usually lives from. (There was even a FAIRY who wanted to become a temple member, which shows that the player definitely did NOT know the special race background, however, every fairy entering an evil group will be deleted and the right to play special races of the concerning player will be disabled completely).
Anyhow this is not the fault of the temple plot, since we have seen the same development in the brothel thing, where several female ELVEN characters applied (who usually should uphold at least some image of purity and distance).
Anyhow a good roleplaying atmosphere requires some self-discipline by the players. Without any stereotypics, a good story atmosphere is impossible. This is why we keep an eye on charnames.
Due to the reduction of the account system, many players came online without any understanding for the sense of "roleplaying" at all, but our goal is to teach them the fun in roleplaying, not for the goal to win or to be the "best", but for the goal of creating a living world and telling a story together, not against, but with each other.

Therefor, please do not go into senseless flaming here. If there are critics, try to be constructive.
We all have a common goal : To act our characters within the borders of the (growing) world background, which can be hard and may need some discipline sometimes - as well as some background knowledge usually.
The quality of roleplay does not come from the lack of any borders, but from the ability to fulfill them to create a greater picture, as individual as well as group.
But hey, if it wasn't a task, it wouldn't be an art, right. :wink:
Think about that before posting here.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The temple needs more pelvic thrusting, get those hip bones in motiooooon
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I would like to clarify that it isn't a quest, so much as an organisation. Though I have plans for what will happen to Nalzaxx eventually. The Temple will remain as long as there are players to populate it and the Town will remain indefinately.
Samantha Meryadeles

Nitram once told me the only chars who will get a skillpush will be concidered questchars and their existence will end once the quest is over.

So there has to be a quest around Nalzaxx, and aswell as a already planned end
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

But this means Retlak won't die.

So what happens then? i take over the temple!
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

All hail overlord Retlak lol
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

i think there is WAY to much interference by GMs still... i'd really like to have all GM helping players stopped.

I've always thought it best that the ONLY gm pushed chars are the ones who are the utterly strong and menacing chars that take a long ass quest to kill. But i see other random ass characters that are completely pushed that afaik have no goddam use, except for causing trouble, and killing honest skill gained chars and taking there items, then giving them to the low lvl chars that side with the pushed char.

And itemwise, i wouldnt like to see much item pushing either. From what i can see, is that low lvl chars are getting item help in some way or form from GMs, maybe not directly, but it seems to be happening.

It should be PvP, not PvGM+P. Seems unfair... And when that GM char finally shows up to help the good it, its always one guy that gets help. If there was some institution to counter this temple that helped all the good players with items and skills, then it'd be fair. But still that would suck.

I've sorta lost where im going with this so i'll stop now and maybe something i've said will be useful
Markous

Post by Markous »

Salathe wrote:i think there is WAY to much interference by GMs still... i'd really like to have all GM helping players stopped.

I've always thought it best that the ONLY gm pushed chars are the ones who are the utterly strong and menacing chars that take a long ass quest to kill. But i see other random ass characters that are completely pushed that afaik have no goddam use, except for causing trouble, and killing honest skill gained chars and taking there items, then giving them to the low lvl chars that side with the pushed char.
I see your point, and I have to agree in some ways. Maybe we should really consider what you just said.
Samantha Meryadeles

And that would mean what? Not that i can't imagine it <_<
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Markous wrote:
Salathe wrote:i think there is WAY to much interference by GMs still... i'd really like to have all GM helping players stopped.

I see your point, and I have to agree in some ways. Maybe we should really consider what you just said.
i cant tell if your serious or not....
Samantha Meryadeles

I can't tell if he understood what you meant right or not
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Temple pushed or non pushed, i would just like to say the only things Nalzaxx has ever done lately is blast samantha when she provoked a fight.

Any other Temple matters are just the members itself, doing what they want to do without help. Gm's make no effect on anything really.
Samantha Meryadeles

Nalzaxx has ever done lately is blast samantha when she provoked a fight.
When SHE provoked a fight? i think entering the town as gang, a town from which you are banned, and causing troubles because some other guys of you lead monsters into town is provoking, and not her comming by and running into those banned criminals and undeads :roll:
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

The majority of GM help was in order to set up the Temple in the first place. Now this is done we only receive help for technical issues, and certain quests (such as rituals) which are purely for entertainment.

I would suggest that both Trollsbane and the Temple are made safe from each other, and so give both sides respite should they choose it, or the ability to duke it out on neutral turf.
Samantha Meryadeles

would suggest that both Trollsbane and the Temple are made safe from each other,
That would mean to stop entering the town and causing troubles
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

We were happy to walk away peacefully. You however made it clear your intentions were otherwise.
Samantha Meryadeles

I made not a single attemp to cast on you or attack you. she even told you you should leave the town. but no. You had to make one on strong and master of all, and Ku'agor has to start to threat her, and than you casted without #me and rp a mummy infront of her. it was not me who started to attack others.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I am sorry if I played to my character.

And do you really think I would stand around writing out #me's when you were flaming my members to death?