Temple Discussion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Post by Fooser »

If you turn the situation around the other way, let's see what would happen. Fooser dresses up in a white and blue Zelphia priest robe, walks right into the middle of the temple, where the members populate the most, with a hood over his head, and his tail sticking out, and said you shouldn't be able to tell. Is that BS to you?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus has a hat, you would never recognise him ;]
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Fooser is right...a disguise which is a blood red robe with black skulls on it is like holding a sign infront of your face reading "I am not a criminal, you never saw me. just turn around and ignore that i walk around. And the axe on my back whichs blade is full of blood never existed"
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

How about we just take away all of the pushed chars? You don't need pushed characters to keep a temple of evil. I can understand the leader being uber powerful but when practically all of the active members are pushed too, that gets annoying
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

shut up
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Nalzaxx and Dravian are the only pushed characters.

Retlak's race gives him certain advantages, but not as much to constitute him being pushed.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:shut up
lol sweet argueing skills.

I still think the pushed characters are needed, but as was said a long way back used with caution ;)
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

For some strange reason, I get a deja vu feeling when reading this topic..
However, the parts seem to have changed quite drastically.

Sucks, doesn't it Grant? :wink:
Samantha Meryadeles

Why not? The gates were opened over a week ago.
The gates where opened, but the rock still blocks the entrance. so we need gm help if anyone wants to enter the thing.

thats the reason we dont know that the gates are not blocked anymore.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

CARANTHIR?!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yay for random comments
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Caranthir the great wrote:For some strange reason, I get a deja vu feeling when reading this topic..
However, the parts seem to have changed quite drastically.

Sucks, doesn't it Grant? :wink:
It's alive!!!!
U/\/known

Post by U/\/known »

Markous wrote:
Azuros wrote:Even if we were to get a 300 char army, march down to exactly where the temple is, we would not be able to enter to attack it,
Why not? The gates were opened over a week ago.
I entered a couple of days ago with my Lizard char, it was quite hard but I did it.
Damien

Post by Damien »

W00000t ! Caranthir !!!
*clings* STAYSTAYSTAY !
*tries to pull into game*

---

Anyhow, i witnessed the thing, technically the attackers did not have a chance from quite the beginning on. They lacked two or three powerful mages to keep Nalzaxx busy. :twisted: Anyhow, that was everything "good" characters could do, and it was likely too and definitely expectable, and very consequent RP behaviour to attack even with these bad odds. They saw the glimpse of a chance, and tried to use it.
I wanted to get to the event with Damien too, but no elf with his wits still inside his head would move his behind up there when he hears that there is a Lich around, that could endanger his long, pointy-eared existence. In fact, no person who is "normal" in his / her head should even think about getting to a place where a Lich is at !
It's a Lich. An undead, unholy, unnatural being with the goal to sacrifice everything for just a bit more power, to spread suffering and pain, and to let only the strong ones survive. Preferrably as his own slaves.
That's no nice undead uncle from the neighbourhood your characters may just ignore because of his boney appearance. Even when he uses a "friendly" disguise, he has this cold aura, this threatening flicker in his eyeholes, this well.. somewhat *hint! hint!* boney stature pointing out that it's a LIVING DEAD running around here... :wink:

And, having Nalzaxx wandering outside his temple is somewhat like an opportunity. He is reachable, and a goal with the right manpower and organisation. So the good characters, if they cannot get into the temple, may even try to lure him out, and use the fact that he feels safe outside and gets out, for their chance on him.

Anyhow, i saw some good RP from several people there, good and bad guys, and i saw bad RP from several people there, good and bad guys. And also bad RP from "neutral" people just standing next to a lich watching a sporting contest... where every "real" commoner should shriek in terror and run away like hell was after him.

But i saw RP. So, hope isn't lost. And that is what we all are here for, right ? Roleplaying. Not winning or loosing, not battlefighting (even though these may be necessary a few times), but roleplaying. And that's our common goal.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I've arrived at the arena only some moments before the attack started. Because Midrusio was not prepared for battles he did not really use his weapons (it was also quite crowed there), but he tries to insult the "evil" orcs a bit :).

It was quite clear that Troll's Bane's forces didn't really had a chance against the Temple in superior number.
And it is also a nice RP side note that TB's government will risk the lifes of innocents to get the Temple... :wink:

But what is really a bit strange is that nobody seemed to care about the undead bunch. I do not know what kind of RP happens before my arrival, but there are standing some humans beside Nalzaxx as if that's a normal thing.
Maybe a Lich and floating skeletons are "normal" now, but that would remove a lot from the "mysticism" from the game (BTW: Retlak is visually far more impressive than Nalzaxx).
Samantha Meryadeles

The best was this GM message Damien gave Kl'urk
w:Du hörst: You feel weakened and sickened by the Lich's evil presence.
Rofl...
Liles

Post by Liles »

I don't like being souless. It sucks.
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

Thats what you get for causing Rankor's sending to the cross, and eventual death with two guardlings. Muhahah!

EDIT: And making Karguk send him to the cross too! X>D
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Well said Damien
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Liles wrote:I don't like being souless. It sucks.
I don't quite understand liles predicament. When did they take his soul, because if it was as soon as they captured him, he seemed to be alright whilst I was in the cell with him. Or did they take it properly at the ritual?
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Ugh i feel sick.. i agree with damien on every point he made -.-

Tho I wasn't aware that we as knights should fear a lich as much as he says... But okay thats understandable.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

The problem is, there really aren't two or three 'good' mages, and certainly not two or three 'good' mages that are likely to be in the same location.

The problem is, if everyone played as if they were absolutely terrified of Nalzaxx, it would have killed the event. There would have been no fighting competition, and certainly no opportunity for Fooser and company to make a strike against Nalzaxx.

Finally, I myself feel I have a pretty good reason for my character not being terrified of Nalzaxx, so I find it fairly reasonable that other people could as well.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I would like this to be addressed, what exactly happens when a stone is inserted into someones chest. Does that mean their soul is Nalzaxxs? And if that is the case how does a GM feel one should roleplay if their soul is owned by a lich? As it is now it seems people have stones in their chests and it doesn't really change the character at all, except they can complain about being killed by nalzaxx instantly.
Damien

Post by Damien »

@ Samantha : That's just a message every NOT undead person there got. A LICH does have at least some influence on his surroundings. If your ork is used to that, that's okay, but he will still know the feeling of a Lich's presence.

-over and out.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I understand it that the blackstone in cultist's chests contains somehow their soul!?
Gort's stone was cut out some days ago and he was damn upset that he will die/lost his soul forever if he does not get his stone back.
So a priest's ritual binds the soul back to the body?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

When a person is initiated into the temple their soul becomes one with the collective of the Temple, and ruled over by Nalzaxx. The purpose of the stone is to link the physical body of the member with the collective, and therefore allow that member to retain their soul.

When the blackstone is removed, the member looses their connection with the Temple and therefore the soul is lost to them. It requires a strong priest to remove the stone in order for the member to not be instantly slain by the trauma of having their stone removed.

If Nerian has removed Gort's stone, then Gort will remain alive, but he will have lost his connection to his soul untill he either gains a new stone, perishes, or is released by Nalzaxx.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

IF Nalzaxx is killed what happens to those still with stones in them?
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Nalzaxx wrote:If Nerian has removed Gort's stone, then Gort will remain alive, but he will have lost his connection to his soul untill he either gains a new stone, perishes, or is released by Nalzaxx.
And what are the results of losing the soul? Or: How to roleplay?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Results of loosing your soul are typically:

- A weakness to magic and mind control
- Spiritual ineptitude
- Little essence
- Dull, lifeless eyes
- Any number of mental instabilities.

Really, it is up to the player, but these kind of things are what would run in tune with it. Loosing your soul means that RP wise your essence is reduced to 0.

Nalzaxx cannot be killed per se, however you can destroy his physical form. If this is done it means he looses direct control over those who hold a stone and the ability to instantly kill them. He will still be able to draw on their power however, and removing the stone will still result in a loss of connection to the Temple, and therefore soul.

If they want to loose their blackstone and keep their soul, essentially they have to ask for it back, or, alternatively buy it back. It is interesting to note however that NO-ONE has asked Nalzaxx to be released. Everyone always tries the other way and therefore faces the consequences.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Retlak lost his soul very long time ago when he was taken in by Ariges. (Mortal Ret)

I just rped him normal i guess.. Or i forget.
Rp him being depressed more.