Manner

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vorg

Manner

Post by Vorg »

Ive always been one to consider good manner as a part of any good game. Fairness in an OOC sense which goes beyond the strictures of a game engine. I would just ask that people in the future think before they act. For example today in a chase one of my characters Vorg was being pursued. While this happned he got pushed by another character.

After the push the character Vorg could no longer move, due to a bug which occurs within the game. After informing the various people of the situation with an OOC warning, they proceeded to attack Vorg from a distance and surrounded him PK'ing him soundly.

Yes i am annoyed, yes i do consider this bad manner. Through fairness and the thought that one day you may be in the situation you would expect some leinience. So this post is part rant, part plead.

Please consider the people behind the other character before you act against them.
Athian

Post by Athian »

if you did inform the people attacking you that you had a bug and they continued to attack you anyway. and of course one of the caused the bug by pushing during a chase i'd say definatly get the player numbers from your logs and feel free to report them. people are so pk happy now a days that they refuse to listen if your having a problem on your end. they'll just keep attacking and attacking until they can loot your stuff. it's getting to become a bit rediculous IMO.
Vorg

Post by Vorg »

Mmm its been dealt with, but im not reporting them, its happned. I had the items returned in the end. And i made a post. I wont mention any names.

This is just so people use thier sense in the future.
Athian

Post by Athian »

wishful thinking. nice to see people with hope now a days. :wink:
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Can we roleplay it as paladin magic striking Vorg from a distance?

Just kidding, that is entirely lame that was done to Vorg and one could consider it bug abuse.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yeah that does sound pretty lame. But I must say, you nubs should stop walking around in the open and this chasing wouldn't be a problem :wink:
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

I apologize, the situation wasn't clear to me as my character (the distance fighter) wasn't in whisper range to you, which probably caused me not understanding you.

I'm sorry and if there's any way I can make this up towards you please tell me.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

All I have to say is...

THANK YOU THURBERT!

If more people in this community were a little more willing to go 'Gee, I messed up, I'm sorry', we would all be SO much better off.

Just my slightly unrelated two cents.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

True words Jen, but most do not seem to see a reason to be nice or even believe you when you say such a thing.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I'll openly say that I was one of the players that was attacking him. I thought he ment he couldn't move as in he couldn't run, so I steped off to the side to give him a chance. I think there was also a parshial misunderstanding to what you were saying. "I can't move," when you are surrounded by people sounds like just that, you are traped and can't move. I don't want to put you at fault because I don't believe it was really a fault, just a mistake. Could I just suggest that next time you say something like "Stop, the game bugged?" Just trying to help stop these accidents from happening again.