Game suggestions

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

@Xalliar: it was just a raw ideea.. we can work on it :wink:
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

3. People of weak constitution are more susceptible to physical harm and disease, in theory.
Constitution checks to see if you catch cold?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

that's very good! thank you
#me blows a kiss :)
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Ha ha. excellent.
Here is like the main idea but in rp...

You stand out suddenly your health,food,mana all start dropping.
Player would have to RP.

#me coughs
Come inside this rain is too harsh.
#me takes a breath in, then out and then in and out and sneezes loudly
Pardon me.
#me turns to the side and vomits, and the vomit gets washed out in the rain
#me holds his stomach and runs inside

Health,food, mana all dont drop anymore. But what upsets me is if this were true and you were somewhere in the forest you could not run anywhere safe and you would have to die but then that would be too harsh.

Oh wait new idea...

Game: Your throat is too clogged up you may only whisper.
You: #me struggles to project a loud voice but ends up whispering
You: #me comes closer to the human and whispers his message

Oh wait you can have a new bar Green in color and it should go across the three bars on the top. If this bar is full no problem. But as it gets lower that means you are getting sick. If it is at Zero then you start losing mana, then food, then health. So a person in the forest has three bars that can go down before he returns to safety. So what do you guys think?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

this is good too.. but i think it's hard to implement a new bar - i think that the whole client must be changed
let's think it logicly: the effects of having a cold do not show right away, and furthermore no one dies from a mere cold - just your stats get lowerd :)
But the " *cough* " ideea it's good... i think it should be forced (doesn't need you to RP it) it should be a sign that you cought a cold
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Agreed. But Avalyon you suggested to me somewhere else to start a new topic like this. Where I am going to break my head if you dont tell me loL.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

@swish : this is the topic.. i started it :P just post here your ideeas... We have 3 so far
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:no one dies from a mere cold
Without treatment they can.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

As far as I know, this can be done quite easily (if the old prison system is still in the server code):

Somebody who dies cannot invoke scripts for X minutes. Invoking scripts includes attacking (?), crafting, picking apples, using teleport books, opening doors,... Everything else but walking, talking and moving items around.

I am not suggesting to use this kind of punishment but want to report what is possible. Any time delayed effects on attributes and skills are rather hard to realize as far as I know - our technical staff can give more details.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

I agree with all points, very good suggestions.

Or if need be as an alternative, I'd suggest extended death period (probably 15 minutes or so) in ghost form. Upon revival attributes would be temporarily reduced (10 minutes or so) and the item dropage can remain the same, with no loss in skill (considering how difficult it is to gain now).

A maze is a good idea, but for some players with a relatively slow internet connection...it can get really tedious really fast.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Death
If you have reduced skills for some time after resurrection (e.g. "You are back alive, but you seem to be weaker"), there is no need for an extended death period or limiting a characters actions (disregarding potential permanent skill and item loss). And I am strictly against some kind of maze.

Dove
Idea: Every character has one dove. You write your text (e.g. "#dove Midrusio You are a genius") and this message appears in the receivers' text field (e.g. "A dove brings you a message: You are a genius"). Mmhh, maybe there should auto-appear the sender's name to prevent spam?
If is is possible the message should take some time to reach the receiver, depending on the distance. After that the dove returns (e.g. "Your dove is back") and you can send another message; the number of messages should be limited to prevent dove-chatting.
And maybe you could custom your dove to another bird, e.g. raven ("!dove raven")?

Weather
It should depend on constitution and the time you are outdoors. If you are in rain for some times, maybe have also low const. (and low health and/or endurance/food) and do not wear suitable clothes (e.g. no shoes at all :)), some message should appear (e.g. "You took a cold") and the health and/or endurance (and maybe learing cap) should get lower; recovering time is veeery slow until you are out of the bad weather.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Good ideas as well, but regarding the dove suggestion...that's a bit sticky.

I'd say make the dove sending timed, as it may be in the real world...say, 5 to 7 minutes for a message to be sent from character to character? Now, there wouldn't be a limit as doves may fly around all the time ('cause Illarion is a pretty beautiful place with rainbows and lucky charms at the end, haha). But seriously, with infinite doves, it wouldn't limit character interaction.

I'd suggest for the message to be instantaneous, but that would be too fast...maybe a potential spell for mages later in the game (talking to one another through mental telepathy).
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Bloodhearte wrote: I'd suggest for the message to be instantaneous, but that would be too fast...maybe a potential spell for mages later in the game (talking to one another through mental telepathy).
That's exactly what i was thinking about!
Silo

Post by Silo »

not sure if this was said...but for the death thing, why not have a time restriction, like what was first said, and have the maze after? then make it so they can only walk very slowly and not fight for a certain amount of time, as they're probably severely injured? Just an idea...
Llama

Post by Llama »

The weather thing I had suggested in a highly complex version ((see thread, "Now that we have a new weather system" or something similar))

It was destroyed as being hard to program... soo. ;)
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:
Bloodhearte wrote: I'd suggest for the message to be instantaneous, but that would be too fast...maybe a potential spell for mages later in the game (talking to one another through mental telepathy).
That's exactly what i was thinking about!
Great minds think alike. I have been thinking of that too.
Llama

Post by Llama »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... ht=weather

^ Found it... all my weather suggestions for a while back...
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I think some kind of game influence through weather will come. Your suggestions were quite complex, but I don't think it is that hard to implement a simple weather-health-system with only a few variables.
harky

Post by harky »

i have a small idea, maybe there should be bins scattered around the world where people can put unwanted junk. I also think they should act like communal depots, so other people can come and pick things out of these bins.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Ask people arround if they need your junk, otherwise use the common medieval trash disposal facility: A river.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

harky wrote:i have a small idea, maybe there should be bins scattered around the world where people can put unwanted junk. I also think they should act like communal depots, so other people can come and pick things out of these bins.
Chests work like this. You can put stuff into them everyone can access. The items rot away, though.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Death not tooken seriously? Are you ***king kidding me?

I'm flipping out on death. If you want to keep death serious in the eyes of people, tell them that if you die you lose everything you have and about a third of all your skills; including your lingual. Why? Because it's true.

I basicly had an option of completly redoing where I wanted to go with my character after he died because he lost HALF of his concussion, a THIRD of his parry, and about THREE FOURTHS of his mining skill. The lower levels probably got smushed down to nothingness aswell.

This is near permanite death to me. And I didn't think; "Oh well, just another few weeks of training to get where I was at! No biggie!" or "Oh welll! My exellent armor! Only a few weeks of mining to get my mining skill up, and then another few weeks to get the copper to afford that armor again." I was thinking more "You're ***king kidding me."

If you want a system to be feared, don't do anything to this one. If you want a system to be balanced, keep this one but make the skill loss temporary and maybe keep most items on your body.

Yay for doves..
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

look at the positive side of things.

if you would not loose skills and posessions when you get killed, in nearly no time you would have an boring "uber"-character, who can do what he wants, without being afraid of risks.

but if we are severly chastized for dying, then we have a prolonged period of that marvellous time, wher the char has to try out the limits of what he can do without dying again.

the best would be soul-wandering. you loose all earthly posessions (including the depot), and at least half of the skills.

and then one has to watch ones big mouth for a while, what gives gives realism to RP.

greets,korm
Nitram
Developer

Re: Game suggestions

Post by Nitram »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:1. As i said in a other post, a IG dove system would be nice. Don't say that you can reach people on the forum because not all use their caracter name as a forum account. Should be something like this :
#send [character name] "message" . The message text should be of a different color than the usual.
In this way i'm really against it. It sounds crap to me, because this is nothing else then a global chat. And i really really hate global chats.

Instead of this, i would really like a kind of post system.

Character A write a message to Character B and Character B can get this message at a kind of post office.
This would be really nice in my point of view.

Nitram
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Keikan Hiru wrote:Ask people arround if they need your junk, otherwise use the common medieval trash disposal facility: A river.
I, like the way you think.

Of course I think throwing it in an unseen corner so it will disappear later works better.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Ku 'Agor wrote:Death not tooken seriously? Are you ***king kidding me?

I'm flipping out on death. If you want to keep death serious in the eyes of people, tell them that if you die you lose everything you have and about a third of all your skills; including your lingual. Why? Because it's true.

I basicly had an option of completly redoing where I wanted to go with my character after he died because he lost HALF of his concussion, a THIRD of his parry, and about THREE FOURTHS of his mining skill. The lower levels probably got smushed down to nothingness aswell.

This is near permanite death to me. And I didn't think; "Oh well, just another few weeks of training to get where I was at! No biggie!" or "Oh welll! My exellent armor! Only a few weeks of mining to get my mining skill up, and then another few weeks to get the copper to afford that armor again." I was thinking more "You're ***king kidding me."

If you want a system to be feared, don't do anything to this one. If you want a system to be balanced, keep this one but make the skill loss temporary and maybe keep most items on your body.

Yay for doves..

I think its not possible to make a temporary skill loss, but it is to make a temporary attribute lowering. But the thing is, why would anyone care if their character is weaker for an hour? for 6 hours? for one day? I seriously woulnt care, only if the character wants to train, I am for a temporary loss but its NOT enought.

I am not sure about the skill loss, but in my view it shoulnt be too high, losing 1/2 of concussion and 3/4 mining is much too harsh, skills are very hard to gain now.

For item dropping, I think it would be good that we drop a LOT of items, simply because it add realism, and they arent permanent damages to your character, and its just logic, I mean by example, a bandit needs a key to the jail, there is a guard passing by and after a moment a fight occur, the bandit 'clouds' him and find out that the key is not there?! Pretty odd and agaisnt RP if you ask me.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

currently i am working on the basics for a death system and a system which allows us to script illness and such things so they will come soon
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Yay fer Cass!

--

Why would someone need to kill a guard when goblins can throw teleporter books through doors? :roll:
harky

Post by harky »

however, does anyone think that death should NOT be feared so then people will try more daring things, instead of everyone just sitting around being afraid to do things for fear of dying. And it might mean that if players find a hard NPC monster they will try and fight instead of just log out. And we all now more daring thingss means better roleplay
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

I do have a question for you,

Are you an idiot?

The reason why people are sitting around talking is because they are attempting to roleplay. However, the other 50% of the game run around and kill each other on a random string of impulse.

This death thing has calmed everyone into more proper roleplay, and for that I respect it.