Depots: Connection closed - Depots: Verbindung beendet

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Depots trennen - Disconnect Depots?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Ja - Yes
50%
Nein - No
50%

Total votes: 123

Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Sess'sth wrote:
Arameh_ wrote:well with the numbers I said, (which are possible), you need to have many n00bs, I guess it could be possible in one week if you are around n00bs constantly and that you buys tons of portals and that you accept that 1/4 of the materials get either stolen, lost, or that a n00bs log out with it and never log back in.
I hope you don't hire random people to carry your stuff! :? Ask your trusted friends to help you...
Arameh's trusted friends would not carry his stuff :P Or they would as for a price.

Edit : It was only an example, about heavy weight being impossible to carry. I actually already had 2500 coal and 2200 iron ore :P , but Arameh lives in trollsbane, I just get in the place of the one that would have that amount of material and lived in Varshikar, I would be sooo mad.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hey Nitram,
Could we have just a couple days notice after the poll closes to move or re-move items into the proper depots.

I'm sure there are others like me when I say, with the results being soooo close, I haven't dared change anything yet until I know for sure that the depots will be diconnected or stay the same. It could be a mess either way after the poll closes, if we aren't given at least a couple days before you delete any depots.

Thanks.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

The depot's already have been disconnected :P

Thats why the depot in Greenbriar has multiplied, so move all your greenbriar things across.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

what happened to the vote?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Its 56/58 its hardly decisive so I guess they just went ahead with it anyway.

Besides, I have 4 forum accounts, Ive only voted with one, so if I were to act like everyone else and vote with all four, the vote would be in favour anyway. Or do you want me to prove it?
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

But I have 5 forum accounts and only voted one. If I used the remaining four to vote no...
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Thats my point....the fact each PO owns multiple accounts makes the whole vote useless anyway.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

isame vote only for one account.

@Nitram: is it possible to see, who givs the votes? I dont want to have a false result..
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Believe me, if I'd activate all board accounts I have access to, this poll would be a "glory and halleluja!" for my side ;-)

Anyway, I think the poll shows something: There are cons and pros for disconnecting the depots. We all can know that the current game would not benefit from this action, but the "future, upcoming" Illarion would.
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

then disconnect it if it IS profitable.. not before
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

So it was already disconnected? Because there is only one depot now in Varshikar, for example, and it is empty.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Nalzaxx wrote:The depot's already have been disconnected :P

Thats why the depot in Greenbriar has multiplied, so move all your greenbriar things across.
:roll:
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

You said something about the depot being multiplied. Maybe something is wrong with my eyes but there is only ONE there.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Because the depots that were placed to help moving stuff have been removed again.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I don't know why the connected depots are away. Someone removed them. I don't know who and why.

Nitram
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

----

Can we PLEASE have back the trollsbane depot in Silverbrand?

Better misjibar?
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Vanima still had two depots. One Troll's Bane one and one Vanima one.

Oh, and Patric, what a nice tone to put up. :roll: Let me say the first word. Whiner? You could just relax you know. Or does your whole life revolve around your char and her depot?
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

sorry, but the mas days beginn and some of us are far away without a depot containing anything. silverbrand has not a single depot connected with the tb depot. all our stuff is now in trollsbane.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

!gm is your friend.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I just thought of something.
Next time when Trolls Bane gets taken by evil.
People who live in trollsbane won't have access to all their belongings.
Resulting in poverty, wich should usualy lurking in all wars.
Giving more reason to take Trolls Bane (Or any other place)

But the way it is now, people can get their items anywhere and when far away will never have to ask someone if they could lend something from them.

Ofcource you could rp things like that.
But not many will cause they either didn't think about it or want to keep earning money and raising their skills.

+ things like that would result in a larger need for smiths, carpenters and people like that.

So the way i see it.
Means of transport could be interprited by things like: A halfling with a cart who will get it for you.
The haflling wouldn't leave cause that would result in needing 10 halflings with carts.

It should only be able to carry only a certain number of items, and ofcource he would require some payment.

As for the time that passes while he is on his way.
Set a timer.
Like when someone want's to move something from Greenbrair to trollsbane, the item would be moved in say 30 rl minuites.
And if the item the character asked for the halfling should simply not bring it.
Ofcource the time to move something between greyrose castle and trollsbane should be less.

But when a certain place is blocked due to something, perhaps an invasion of skelatons or a broken brige you would need to change the script slightly.

Every player should have the change move his items at start to the according place so just have the halfling provide his services for free the first month or so.

PS: My arm hurts now...
martin

Post by martin »

Nitram wrote:I don't know why the connected depots are away. Someone removed them. I don't know who and why.
The map had to be reimported.

Martin