You can't fire me, because I quit!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Japheth

You can't fire me, because I quit!

Post by Japheth »

:P

Anyway, yes, this is one of those inevitable things: another GM leaving Illarion. I've recently procured a college place and a house (with three rugby players and three beauty therapists, but that nightmare is another story..). However, this house doesn't have a phone line and I wont be able to GM from there. College internet is always an option, but I picture myself being swamped with work, so I probably wont have time to play Illarion, let alone GM.

I have enjoyed playing Illarion tremendously for three and a half years, and I've enjoyed and cherished GMing since April. I hope you've enjoyed even the slightest bit of my reign of evil (but from the sight of quest feedback today, I doubt that :P). I will continue my piss-poor Drakhen quest and see what happens, but after that, it's curtains for me. I will also continue with account applications until the day that I leave (sometime in mid-September). Don't cry! You're all in the capable hands of Estralis, Papoitsi, Rinya, Martin, Arien, Aegohl, et al. I'm sure they'll be able to keep you entertained to some degree.

Now, those were my GM related farewells..

__

And now, the big reveal! I am (dun dun dun) PO Brendan Mason. For all three of you that didn't know that, I'm sure it's a big surprise. Anyway, as Brendan, I'd like to say goodbye to so many people and thank them for their friendship. The above mentioned GMs of course, but also people like De'am, Gwion, Robert (Ezo), Tzi, Arkadia, Hermie and Bei, Rosa (Moathia), Darren, Mitch, Fooser, Jen, Ceigan, Erik and Eric, Hagen and Andre, Drathe, Sevious, Belegi, Athian, Quinasa, Irania, Crosis and all of the Evergreen Halflings.

Phew. Well, it'll be business as normal until I vanish in September. I might just pop in from time to time as my player characters. It's been a great nearly 4 years and I hope you enjoy Illarion for as long, and as much as I have.

Your Lord and Ruler,
Brendan.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

*sniff* What will become of maxamillion and the knights? Will you have a replacement that will take care of it?

sad to see you go, i liked your quests
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

I'll be handing over all outstanding duties and such to either Papoitsi or Rinya.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Noooooooooo, two in one week?!

Anyways, I know how you feel, Ill be doing the same thing, but hopefully with not too much work :wink:

Hopefully we will stll see Brendan's name pop on the online list a few times?
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

Well that wraps it up, from the extremely fruitful pool of intelligent, witty people I played illarion with avidly for around 3 or more years...none remain. (bar a few unimportant stragglers).

As a result of this i'm sure you will all be glad to here my next few days will be spent sobbing in a poorly lit room.

After Japheths (shocking) revelation, I feel that I must somehow upstage him and steal the limelight, as a result of this I must regretfully reveal that I am gay.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

In order to upstage Ezo, I must regretfully reveal that I too, am gay.

And that Ezo and I, are in fact lovers.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

*sigh* Well so long as I see you from time to time on msn or IG I'll be fine.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I feel robbed.
And abandoned.

Good luck in school, we'll talk at some point I'm sure. ;]
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

I wish you good luck and good marks and such. :wink:

Have a nice time.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

But Japheth, have you banned someone yet? Every GM needs to ban one person at least! I'm ashamed that you would even consider leaving before completing your duties!
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Brendy bob! good luck my friend! i know you want need it!! And damn youll be missed :(

Im afraid im not good at long speeches and such! so good luck fella, im sure we will have lots of fun before you bugger off and leave us for women, drink and sleepless nights.!!
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

:( Bye

Have fun in college.
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

Rawr. Now who am I supposed to harass with quest ideas and such?
In seriousness, good luck and best wishes

-Christina
Llama

Post by Llama »

Gm epidemic,... where are they all going...

Who;s next? Martin?
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

No.
Sylathen

Post by Sylathen »

My moneys on Rinya after the public flogging. but anywhos...

Japheth!~
well, im heading off to college also soon, but as i have my own house, i cant moan..I know how it can get considering i have been there for 6 years..but hey! you get...um...good...um...nothing? :wink:

Anyways, have fun bud and remember, The drunk chicks get violent around 12 :wink:

Noko
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

It is my opinion, personally, and I have expressed this to Japheth as well, that Japheth has been one of the best GM's, possibley on the scale of a Twania Greene. Never before was there a GM so attentive to quests, although Estralis rated up there as well for a time, and he is also a GM I have an incredible amount of respect for.

I was the one who begged Martin that this talented player, who in many ways was a mentor to myself, be added to the GM staff. In fact, before I was a GM I begged for him to be added to the SVST. I always seemed to pop into these groups before him, and only because I am a yank and we're often short of them. Finding myself in these groups and seeing that Brendan, who helped me out as a newbie (not with the technical stuff--anyone would do that; he brought me up to date on the past story and often took a lot of time out of his day to do so. I honestly think he was suprised that I wasn't yawning on the other part of the screen.)

What bothers me most to see him leaving is that I feel like I'm losing three people on this one: the Brendan Mason who was ingame bringing me up to date on the background story while I was but a newbie (twice, actually, with two different characters! =) ), the real Brendan that is absolutely delightful to speak to on the messenger, and the Japheth who I could speak to about quests, Illarion, and the often-stressful situations on the internal boards.

You will be missed, sir,
Mitch
martin

Post by martin »

I've never banned anyone.

I tried to, but I forgot the command...

Martin
Galim

Post by Galim »

um, !b "number of a Galim character" ?
martin

Post by martin »

Time to express what I think:

I know a lot of people studying at universities or colleges. And, mind you, I know that feeling very well (however, at the time I started there, the internet wasn't really something very popular, it grew after some time...), and you might think that everything will be different, lots of things to do, no internet connection, no money, no anything.

You'll see. Things will be different, however, not *so* different. You'll SURELY have the possibility to use the internet in college, at least for IM, chat and the boards. Trust me, I have a lot of experience with that ;).

Don't take that like he's going to die or something, he just doesn't know what will happen. I have a rough idea about it, and as far as this is concerned, he'll be around rather often. If students had no time, who should have? ;)

Martin
Tzi Hahasus

Post by Tzi Hahasus »

Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnndaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!!!!!!!!!

No! You can't leave! You've always been here...it...erm...won't be the same without you!
..erm...
What about that kiss he owes Tzi?

#me hides after her attempt at a moving emotional post to express her despair at his leaving
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Japheth wrote:In order to upstage Ezo, I must regretfully reveal that I too, am gay.

And that Ezo and I, are in fact lovers.
The fact you'd be ashamed or regretful in this astounds me the point of spell checking this post.
---

Best of luck to you in college, i shall wait for your return

Muhahahaha.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Brendan,
Well i can only echo sentiments allready spoken by so many it has been a pleasure playing with you as Brendan and partakeing in your quests. Your love of the game and energy you have GM'ed and played with will be missed. Do pop in on occasion I am now short apple police :cry: a post not easily filled.
It has been fun and may your new move bring you many great things
Brian
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

*sighs* You were one of the best Brendy (players and GMs) I'll allways remeber sitting around the tavern back and farming with you and Vivi. I never really played with you in recent (or anyone for that matter) but you will surley be missed.

Feel free to ban me (as long as its temporary :wink: )

PO Pronon
Silent Tear

Post by Silent Tear »

*chants* "Dun, dun, dun. Another one bites the dust." JOKING!!!

You will be missed, and as Brian said, do pop in...
Good luck with the studies. :wink:
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

I can't imagine Illarion without you around. I can't imagine coming on to messenger and only just barely expecting the chance that you'll be there to talk to. I can't imagine the fact that you're actually leaving for an indefinite amount of time. As always, I wish you the very best and only the best of luck in whatever you've got to tackle now, and I'm very happy you made it as well.

But it won't change the fact that I'll miss you dearly :cry: .

Please take care and stay safe. I certainly hope we can keep in touch. You will always, ALWAYS be welcome to visit again.

Auf wiedersehen,
~Player of Delakaniam
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

martin wrote:I've never banned anyone.

I tried to, but I forgot the command...

Martin
And that, sir, was one of the funniest days in Illarion history! The one that got away. :wink:
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Good bye my dear Mr Mason, I will surely miss you but wish you lots of luck and a great time in college!

As Belegi always says, they all come back and I hope you will as well!

*huggles*

Lisa
Markous

Post by Markous »

Brendan leaves? :(

Farewell, my irish friend!
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

Sorry to see you going! You will certainly be missed in the times to come. But at least you've surely got the Luck of the Irish on your side, right? You'll do great, Brendan. :wink:

A personal thank you for all you've done, and all you've ever given to me in the way of roleplay and Illarion as a whole. Come around again when you get the chances!

Rinya