The first contact / Der erste Kontakt

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

How did you find out about Illarion? / Wie hast du von Illarion erfahren?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:50 pm

Google or other search engine / Google oder andere Suchmaschine
28%
MUD / MMPORPG Website
25%
Other website (please give us the address) / Andere Website (bitte die Adresse angeben)
12%
Chat / IRC
3%
A friend told me about / Ein Freund hat mir davon erzählt
26%
Other (please write how) / Anderes (schreib bitte, wie)
6%

Total votes: 68

Choridal Mortuch

Post by Choridal Mortuch »

I found Illarion by searching a real roleplaying game, beeing not that overcrowded, non-realistic and only build for commercial reasons like Tibia. When I saw the Homepage I was really satisfied and some days later I wanted to create an Account and Character. I was very happy by writing an story, knowing that real people will read them and then they will give me the allowance for playing or not, to prevent players, who are not born for roleplaying (There are people who are not really able to do roleplaying, who do not understand the spirit of it). So until creation and the playing allowance I was very impressed.

My first Problem was to distribute the stats, I didnt know that it was necessable (I'm sure this word is not spelled in the right way..) for playing, but it wasnt mentioned anywhere but in the forum I didn't look in.

I think Illarion will get a very good game, but there should be a clear and easy Tutorial, because its not very easy to find out everything by reading through thousands of forum - posts.

All the best,

Choridal Mortuch
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Well, at present there is an updated playing manual being created by a group of players. It's quite close to completion and should provide information for all you need. Other than that, while in-game pressing F1-F5 will display a short list of commands and tips.
Duncan Orloff

Post by Duncan Orloff »

Nunja, ich habe Illarion durch die Sendung GIGA Games auf NBC gefunden. Ich habe dort vor einiger Zeit eben dieses angeschaut und da wurden Kostenlose MPORG'S vorgestellt. Nunja, Kostenmlos und klein zum Runterladen war der Grund zum Spielen für mich ;)
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

A friend and myself where searching on the web for Online RPGs. Someday he gave me the link to this website.

I made an account and waited quite a while for receiving the e-mail with the questions. Meanwhile I browsed through the website and as I looked into the forum, my first reaction was: "blergh, too much english" :lol:
I answered the question, sent them back and well... after one week waiting for getting accepted I forgot fully about this game.

After 1 month my friend remind me and as I tried to logg in, it worked.
hehe, I can remember that I walked around very carefully on the island and tried to avoid any other person, because I thought they would just run up to me and kill me :roll:

I also remember that I was about to quit the game shortly after. An elfess rped that she shoots an arrow at me, but with a 'slightly forced' #me. (#me shoots an arrow and it hits the woman right in the back ... erm.)
And I stood there, fully astonished ... and then I decided to ignore it, since I was wearing a platearmour. So I wrote a #me that I feel something crushing at my armour :D
Then another player came up to me and bawled me out ooc, why the heck I'm sitting with a platearmour at the campfire and that I would be a bad rper. I thought he was a gm and got frustrated and angry and didn't play for 3 days ;)

Btw. The friend I was speaking off: He quitted the game after he got two skillcuts Image
martin

Post by martin »

Duncan Orloff wrote:Nunja, ich habe Illarion durch die Sendung GIGA Games auf NBC gefunden.
Wuss, die haben was ueber Illarion gebracht?
Tsts.

Martin
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I found illarion first through mpogd, but passed it by...then two days later a friend told me to join and play, so I did.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Ich weiß nicht was furchterregender ist: jemand, der GIGA Games auf NBC guckt, oder dass die etwas über Illarion gebracht haben. ;)

Haben die etwas anderes berichtet, abgesehen davon, dass es gratis, klein und fein war? Und in welchem Kontext, sprich, mit welchen anderen Games zusammen wurde es dort vorgestellt?
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Na mit Sicherheit Runescape und Tibia :wink:
Duncan Orloff

Post by Duncan Orloff »

Es wurde mit mehreren anderen gratis RPG's vorgestellt...

Und nun bin ich der BuMann mit meiner GIGA gugerei was :twisted:
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Yah i found this through www.mpogd.com.
first impressions from the website were good seeing as it looked way better than most other free mmorpg's also the small size of the client was awsome had it been large i wouldnt have botherd downloading it.then when i started playing i really enjoyed it. however had there been an account system in place i doubt i would have started.
martin

Post by martin »

Duncan Orloff wrote:Und nun bin ich der BuMann mit meiner GIGA gugerei was :twisted:
LOL

Nein, nein.
Wann war denn das?
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Gwynnether wrote:
I also remember that I was about to quit the game shortly after. An elfess rped that she shoots an arrow at me, but with a 'slightly forced' #me. (#me shoots an arrow and it hits the woman right in the back ... erm.)
And I stood there, fully astonished ... and then I decided to ignore it, since I was wearing a platearmour. So I wrote a #me that I feel something crushing at my armour :D
Oh my God. That was me. o.O I played my first bad char then, very difficulty for me. I'm really sorry.

Am I banned now? *g*

I heard of some changes about the game but, what you might ask, I won't come back, 'cause I've got too much to do.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Z :D
Duncan Orloff

Post by Duncan Orloff »

martin wrote:Wann war denn das?
Müsste knapp vor 1 1/2 Monaten gewesen sein. Also ende April anfang Mai, so um den dreh rum.
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

ZARAH!! :D

Yay, ZarahZarahZa--!
Zarah wrote:
I heard of some changes about the game but, what you might ask, I won't come back, 'cause I've got too much to do.

..............*sniffle*.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Oh my God, what nice welcome back* greetings :D
But I hope you're not confusing me with Zhara or someone else. ;) 'Cause I'm not sure who you are :oops: again. I'm really sorry. I know your name but forgot what kind of character you played or what else character you played Delakaniam.

* although I'm not really back.
Last edited by Zarah on Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

You should come back, though. If you had stayed, you'd be a GM by now. :P

-Aegohl, a GM who entered Illarion just shortly before you left
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Aegohl wrote:You should come back, though. If you had stayed, you'd be a GM by now. :P
Ehrr, you are kidding, I'm sure noone wants to see me as a gm here. I caused too much trouble in the past. Besides I think Illarion is a really nice game. But people like me can not cope with it very long on a emotional kind of way, that is really hard to explain. I took things too serious in the end I think and finally excepted that it's not the right game for me.

Besides I do nothing without Carahawen here :P
Galim

Post by Galim »

Hey, I miss the amazones ;).

Was fun running away from you and carahawen and your devillike bucketattacks, hehehe. I was a hard pray, you needed damn long to get me ;)
And that as elven amazones, poooor! :P
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Good ol' days *sigh* :)
Elise Gutenhof

Post by Elise Gutenhof »

Zarah wrote:
Aegohl wrote:You should come back, though. If you had stayed, you'd be a GM by now. :P
Ehrr, you are kidding, I'm sure noone wants to see me as a gm here. I caused too much trouble in the past. Besides :P
I don´t think you really caused troubles here.....not really. Btw nice to see you again. :D