Players online

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aryl

Players online

Post by Aryl »

Why are there 4545 acounts on te board, yet only 5-6 people online?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

People create more accounts so they can post as a different character, and as you know you can have many characters.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

What Gro'bul said,
Also take into account the amout of people who create board accounts before they are even accepted into the game and then dont get accepted. The amount of people who create board accounts and then dont bother to apply at all.
The fact the forums have been running for over 3 years and many people have since stopped playing etc etc.
But as you are new to the game be appear that you have entered in a time of a huge upgrade and as such flux. We are often upwards of 20 people online :) How ever until everything is working properly again we are going to see this ebbs and flows in numbers.
The updates are really phenominal though and the huge amounts of new items and such is brilliant. I think when it is all running smoothly again we are going to see more players than ever.
Brian
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Right-o.

1) The boards have been running three years. (Some have gotten their forum accounts deleted or banned, but still not THAT many.)

2) Board accounts come from
--secondary characters of the same players
--Double (triple, quadruple, etc.) board accounts that are re-makes because of misspelled first-accounts
--people who never actually make it into the game
--people who create accounts and never actually play the game anyway
--certain individuals *cough* who make more board accounts to be abnoxious (after already being hated or banned)

3) The last time I noticed, I believe there are only about 130 - 150 active players around the game, or at least around the forums. It's probably a GOOD thing they're not all ingame at once :wink: .

Thus, the reason why Illarion has thousands and thousands of junk forum accounts :P .
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

And then there are those of us, who like to hang around the boards like a bad smell and don't really play anymore :D
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

*pokes Setherioth*

that really you?
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Delakaniam wrote:.

1) The boards have been running three years. (Some have gotten their forum accounts deleted or banned, but still not THAT many.)
Should have been four years .... see my date of my account. ;)
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Yep, four years, sorry :mrgreen:° .

PS -- You are sooooo old, Aragon :wink: .